Results for tag: New York Yankees
Posted by: Kim Jones on Jun 9, 2011 at 02:58:54 PM
Yankees clubhouse reporter Kimberly Jones will chat live Friday night at 6:45.
Be sure to check back here to talk Yankees baseball with Kimberly prior to the start of the four game series between the Yankees and Indians.
Posted by: Kim Jones on Jun 8, 2011 at 11:30:52 AM
The tornado that devastated Tuscaloosa, Alabama, hit Yankees pitcher David Robertson hard. Kimberly Jones recently visited Robertson's home town to share the story of how the people are determined to recover, and what Robertson and his wife, Erin, are doing to help raise awareness (WATCH).
Posted by: Kim Jones on May 31, 2011 at 01:50:32 PM
Phil Hughes has been on the disabled list with shoulder inflammation since April 15. Since then, he’s received a cortisone shot, started a throwing program and watched the Boston Bruins eliminate his beloved Tampa Bay Lightning from the NHL playoffs.
Hughes’ throwing program to date has included a lot of playing catch and two bullpens. He’s scheduled for another bullpen Wednesday and could face hitters by the weekend. Joe Girardi said Monday that Hughes’ return won’t be until “realistically, sometime in July.”
After our first interview with Hughes was ruined by an eight-year-old tape recorder that didn’t record, we caught up again with Hughes, who answered nine questions for Nine.
1. Are you excited that I’ve moved into this new age?...
Posted by: Kim Jones on May 15, 2011 at 10:16:22 PM
1. The dramatics of the past 24 hours began with Jorge Posada believing that he’d been wronged and ended with his admission -- apologies all around -- that he was wrong. Case closed. Or so we’ve been led to believe.
In the first inning of Sunday’s game, media relations guru Jason Zillo read a statement to reporters: Posada, who’d already apologized to Joe Girardi, met with Brian Cashman and apologized to him, too. Cashman then briefed Hal and Hank Steinbrenner and Randy Levine. The apologies were accepted. No disciplinary action will be taken. “They consider the matter closed,” Zillo said.
2. Derek Jeter, Posada’s best friend, reacted publicly pregame Sunday for the first time. He had his buddy’s back. “He’s like a brother to...
Posted by: Kim Jones on May 10, 2011 at 03:53:33 PM
1. Joe Girardi had a message for his players in the clubhouse after Sunday’s 12-5 win in Texas: “You’ve got to stop making it so hard on yourselves.” Girardi was reacting minutes after the last out was recorded on a 3-4 road trip that featured plenty of blunders. Most obviously, the Yankees committed nine errors, all in the last four games. When asked, Girardi wouldn’t elaborate on his message. But clearly, he intended to give the Yankees something to think about going into yesterday’s off day. And before the homestand begins today.
2. Also on the road trip -- we’re cleaning out the notebook here -- A.J. Burnett and Ivan Nova continued to forge a nice relationship. Or, as Burnett put it, “I was dragging him with me every day.”...
Posted by: Kim Jones on May 5, 2011 at 02:47:31 PM
1. Two slightly different reactions from Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter, neither of whom was in the Yankees lineup when it was posted today.
Posted by: Kim Jones on May 3, 2011 at 03:35:56 PM
1. Mark Teixeira said on the field Monday night that he was determined to score from second on Nick Swisher’s single to center field. And he braced himself for a possible collision at the plate, if necessary. (It wasn’t.)
Posted by: Kim Jones on May 2, 2011 at 11:37:14 AM
Our blog has returned (after a year of neglect) in a slightly altered state. For starters, the new name suits a blog that is (mostly) about baseball. And the goal is a bit different this time around: to give you insight into the players you love to watch and, at times, into the job we do in covering them.