Network Forums MLB Red Sox reloading while Cashman sits pat
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Red Sox reloading while Cashman sits pat
9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 4:37PM #1
yankeedog1017
Posts: 11
While Cashman has done nothing this season and probably is vacationing in the Bahamas as we speak, the Red Sox are starting to show their teeth. They just traded spare parts for Mark Melancon (a pitcher we gave away for 2 months of a crippled Berkman) and who had a below 3 ERA and 20 Saves for the Astros last year. They replaced Lowrie with Punto. I start seeing their plan, they will sign Saunders and move Bard to the rotation, that will give them a much better rotation than the Yankees with Lester, Beckett and Buchholz at the front and Bard and Saunders in the back. They will then sign Ryan Madsen and use Melancon and Aceves as their set-up men, while not as deep as the Yankee back-end trio, still very solid. They will also likely add Beltran in RF.

We have not done a thing. Not even strenghten the bench. To think that because we won the division last year we will do it again with the same team is a blunder of mega proportions. We caught lightning in a bottle with the performances of Garcia and Colon, to expect that it will happen again, is a mistake. In addition the Red Sox were down last year, they lost Buchholz and Youkilis and Crawford had a subpar year.

We need to trade for Matt Thornton to solidify the bullpen and then we need to add one or two quality arms to the rotation. I hope we win the bid on Darvish, if not we may need to trade Betances or Banuelos for Gio Gonzalez.

At this point I am worried that we will not even make the playoffs in 2012. This has been the most passive off season I have seen the Yankees have in a long time.

 Cashman let Kennedy, Aceves and Melancon walk away and brought Pavano, Igawa and Mitre our way. He should have been fired a long time ago. He should have let Hughes or Joba go for Granderson and not Ian Kennedy, poor judgement call. He should have resigned Aceves and should have done his homework on Berkman's injured body in 2010. He gave up on Melancon too soon. Most baseball literature prior to 2009 had Melancon perhaps even being Mariano's replacement.
9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 4:40PM #2
ninja108
Posts: 4,118

 How many different names are you going to post under?

9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 4:46PM #3
laurenfrances
Posts: 39,683

Yankees won 97 games last season, just how many did Red Sox win Goose?? 

9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 4:49PM #4
newinn
Posts: 36,244

Never understood the joy non Yankee fans get in posting on a Yankee board. Oh well, I never understood why people would key a car just for kicks either

9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 4:56PM #5
luvdayanks
Posts: 28,223

Dec 14, 2011 -- 4:37PM, yankeedog1017 wrote:

While Cashman has done nothing this season and probably is vacationing in the Bahamas as we speak, the Red Sox are starting to show their teeth. They just traded spare parts for Mark Melancon (a pitcher we gave away for 2 months of a crippled Berkman) and who had a below 3 ERA and 20 Saves for the Astros last year. They replaced Lowrie with Punto. I start seeing their plan, they will sign Saunders and move Bard to the rotation, that will give them a much better rotation than the Yankees with Lester, Beckett and Buchholz at the front and Bard and Saunders in the back. They will then sign Ryan Madsen and use Melancon and Aceves as their set-up men, while not as deep as the Yankee back-end trio, still very solid. They will also likely add Beltran in RF.

We have not done a thing. Not even strenghten the bench. To think that because we won the division last year we will do it again with the same team is a blunder of mega proportions. We caught lightning in a bottle with the performances of Garcia and Colon, to expect that it will happen again, is a mistake. In addition the Red Sox were down last year, they lost Buchholz and Youkilis and Crawford had a subpar year.

We need to trade for Matt Thornton to solidify the bullpen and then we need to add one or two quality arms to the rotation. I hope we win the bid on Darvish, if not we may need to trade Betances or Banuelos for Gio Gonzalez.

At this point I am worried that we will not even make the playoffs in 2012. This has been the most passive off season I have seen the Yankees have in a long time.

 Cashman let Kennedy, Aceves and Melancon walk away and brought Pavano, Igawa and Mitre our way. He should have been fired a long time ago. He should have let Hughes or Joba go for Granderson and not Ian Kennedy, poor judgement call. He should have resigned Aceves and should have done his homework on Berkman's injured body in 2010. He gave up on Melancon too soon. Most baseball literature prior to 2009 had Melancon perhaps even being Mariano's replacement.




Most baseball literature prior to 2009 had you not knowing your a$$ from page 8.

9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 5:13PM #6
LouHermanMantle
Posts: 376
Is this post a joke?
9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 5:15PM #7
Based Boardroomjimmy
Posts: 5,506

Dec 14, 2011 -- 5:13PM, LouHermanMantle wrote:

Is this post a joke?




this whole board has turned into a joke. 

9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 5:54PM #8
hampfan
Posts: 3,611

Dec 14, 2011 -- 4:49PM, newinn wrote:


Never understood the joy non Yankee fans get in posting on a Yankee board. Oh well, I never understood why people would key a car just for kicks either




I don't think he's that far off the beam. Say what you want, but winning the Division in 2011 was due more to the RS collapse than our strengths. We have a mediocre rotation as of today; and three or four over-the-hill hitters, who at the very least need new eye-glasses or something (now that PEDs are out of the question). It's not being "non-Yankee" to complain about complacency. If we stay the course, then watch out for Tampa, the Blue Jays, and even the Valentine-driven Sox. Wait until they cause grief on these pro-Yankee boards--not to mention Detroit, Texas and (now) California. See ya three years from now when the truth dawns and the luxury tax limit is seen to have caused stupid non-decisions. I don't like saying the glass is half empty; and if you (all) prefer, keep hanging on to a dimming optimism. My view is that the more rumblings among the fan-base, the more apt Cashman et al. (i.e., Hal) might just let loose with the $$$. I hope Cashman has something SIGNIFICANT up his sleeve. In that case, I take it all back. If he doesn't, though....

9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 5:59PM #9
BW26
Posts: 7,662

Dec 14, 2011 -- 4:37PM, yankeedog1017 wrote:

While Cashman has done nothing this season and probably is vacationing in the Bahamas as we speak, the Red Sox are starting to show their teeth. They just traded spare parts for Mark Melancon (a pitcher we gave away for 2 months of a crippled Berkman) and who had a below 3 ERA and 20 Saves for the Astros last year. They replaced Lowrie with Punto. I start seeing their plan, they will sign Saunders and move Bard to the rotation, that will give them a much better rotation than the Yankees with Lester, Beckett and Buchholz at the front and Bard and Saunders in the back. They will then sign Ryan Madsen and use Melancon and Aceves as their set-up men, while not as deep as the Yankee back-end trio, still very solid. They will also likely add Beltran in RF.

We have not done a thing. Not even strenghten the bench. To think that because we won the division last year we will do it again with the same team is a blunder of mega proportions. We caught lightning in a bottle with the performances of Garcia and Colon, to expect that it will happen again, is a mistake. In addition the Red Sox were down last year, they lost Buchholz and Youkilis and Crawford had a subpar year.

We need to trade for Matt Thornton to solidify the bullpen and then we need to add one or two quality arms to the rotation. I hope we win the bid on Darvish, if not we may need to trade Betances or Banuelos for Gio Gonzalez.

At this point I am worried that we will not even make the playoffs in 2012. This has been the most passive off season I have seen the Yankees have in a long time.

 Cashman let Kennedy, Aceves and Melancon walk away and brought Pavano, Igawa and Mitre our way. He should have been fired a long time ago. He should have let Hughes or Joba go for Granderson and not Ian Kennedy, poor judgement call. He should have resigned Aceves and should have done his homework on Berkman's injured body in 2010. He gave up on Melancon too soon. Most baseball literature prior to 2009 had Melancon perhaps even being Mariano's replacement.



 


Hey goose , are you going for the record for personalites ?   Doesn't this get old ? I guess they threw you off th Mutts board.



one more stitch 15 Add one more stitch to the straight jacket (22 photos)

[
9 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 6:00PM #10
newinn
Posts: 36,244

Dec 14, 2011 -- 5:54PM, hampfan wrote:


Dec 14, 2011 -- 4:49PM, newinn wrote:


Never understood the joy non Yankee fans get in posting on a Yankee board. Oh well, I never understood why people would key a car just for kicks either




I don't think he's that far off the beam. Say what you want, but winning the Division in 2011 was due more to the RS collapse than our strengths. We have a mediocre rotation as of today; and three or four over-the-hill hitters, who at the very least need new eye-glasses or something (now that PEDs are out of the question). It's not being "non-Yankee" to complain about complacency. If we stay the course, then watch out for Tampa, the Blue Jays, and even the Valentine-driven Sox. Wait until they cause grief on these pro-Yankee boards--not to mention Detroit, Texas and (now) California. See ya three years from now when the truth dawns and the luxury tax limit is seen to have caused stupid non-decisions. I don't like saying the glass is half empty; and if you (all) prefer, keep hanging on to a dimming optimism. My view is that the more rumblings among the fan-base, the more apt Cashman et al. (i.e., Hal) might just let loose with the $$$. I hope Cashman has something SIGNIFICANT up his sleeve. In that case, I take it all back. If he doesn't, though....





The Red Sox collapse kept them out of the playoffs. Some of you guys act as though the Yankees were 10 games out when the Sox went into their Sept swoon. There isn't one person here that is satisfied with the Yankee rotation. The difference is many of us are willing to wait  a year or 2 if that's what it takes for the kids to develop rather then overpay for pitchers that don't fill the need of a number 2 starter

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums MLB Red Sox reloading while Cashman sits pat
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum