Network Forums MLB Bud Selig To Sign 2 Yr Extension As Commish
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Bud Selig To Sign 2 Yr Extension As Commish
9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 12:59PM #1
JT
Posts: 5,075
Per Buster Olney, Bud Selig will sign a 2 year extension that will having him continuing as the MLB Commish through the 2014 season.

MLBTR.com
New York Yankees
9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 1:06PM #2
JT
Posts: 5,075

This is BS.

Selig, 4 years ago, said he would retire at the end of his contract which ran through the 2009 season but instead signed a 2 year extension prior to the 2008 season. Then Selig said he would definately retire at the end of that extension which would come to an end after the 2012 but now he goes and signs another 2 year extension.

This is such crap. Im an tired of Dud Selig. Other than being able to keep labor peace throughout his tenure, he has done very little good for MLB. He turned a blind eye to steriods in the 90's and early 00's, he implemented a product which fairly quickly went stale (interleague), he's made a joke out of the All Star Game, he's allowed umpires to rule the game, need I continue? Now we have to have another 2 years of him?!?!?!?

I wonder if Torre stepping down from his MLB VP position had anything to do with this. I had the feeling that Torre was gonna take over as commish and now that he resigned, I wouldnt be surprised if thats why Selig is staying another 2 years.

New York Yankees
9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 2:14PM #3
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 80,871

Selig said he would retire ... now he is extending his tenure ... some people just can't give up a powerful situation ... probably another reason Torre decided to walk away and purchase a team ... he probably wanted to be considered for the position ... just another way Selig has let MLB fans down ... can't even retire when he's supposed to! 

9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 2:16PM #4
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 80,871

Jan 10, 2012 -- 1:06PM, JT wrote:


This is BS.

Selig, 4 years ago, said he would retire at the end of his contract which ran through the 2009 season but instead signed a 2 year extension prior to the 2008 season. Then Selig said he would definately retire at the end of that extension which would come to an end after the 2012 but now he goes and signs another 2 year extension.

This is such crap. Im an tired of Dud Selig. Other than being able to keep labor peace throughout his tenure, he has done very little good for MLB. He turned a blind eye to steriods in the 90's and early 00's, he implemented a product which fairly quickly went stale (interleague), he's made a joke out of the All Star Game, he's allowed umpires to rule the game, need I continue? Now we have to have another 2 years of him?!?!?!?

I wonder if Torre stepping down from his MLB VP position had anything to do with this. I had the feeling that Torre was gonna take over as commish and now that he resigned, I wouldnt be surprised if thats why Selig is staying another 2 years.




I think otherwise ... Torre may have been looking to take over as Commish ... when he heard Selig was staying another 2 years, he probably figures that man is never going to give up the throne of power over MLB ... bad luck for Torre and bad luck for MLB.

9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 2:40PM #5
doubleplay643
Posts: 6,115

After hearing the news that Bud Selig will get a new 2 year extension this was the fans reaction worldwide. 



www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWqrmsS-uU

9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 2:54PM #6
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 80,871

Jan 10, 2012 -- 2:40PM, doubleplay643 wrote:


After hearing the news that Bud Selig will get a new 2 year extension this was the fans reaction worldwide. 



www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWqrmsS-uU




OMG ... LOL

9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 2:58PM #7
JT
Posts: 5,075

Jan 10, 2012 -- 2:54PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jan 10, 2012 -- 2:40PM, doubleplay643 wrote:


After hearing the news that Bud Selig will get a new 2 year extension this was the fans reaction worldwide. 



www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWqrmsS-uU




OMG ... LOL





I take it Burger isnt much of a Selig fan either...

New York Yankees
9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 3:06PM #8
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

I'd keep signing extensions too if I was making his money.  The guy's a joke.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
9 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2012 - 8:15PM #9
61in61
Posts: 26,516

Apparently Bud isn't finished with his plans to destroy baseball as we know it.

Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums MLB Bud Selig To Sign 2 Yr Extension As Commish
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum