For those who don't know. The Yankees maybe wearing the Highlanders uniforms for the 1918 Fenway celebration. But the Yankees haven't been called the Highlanders since 1912.
They aren't celebrating 1918. They celebrating the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park, which opened in 1912. The 1912 "Yankees" were indeed the Highlanders. They shoulda put them all in wool jerseys.
The new ballpark for the relocated team was constructed at 165th Street and Broadway in Manhattan, one of the highest points on the island. Formally known as "American League Park", it was nicknamed "Hilltop Park" or "The Hilltop", and was significantly smaller than the Polo Grounds, the Giants' home just a few blocks away.
Publisher William Randolph Hearst's New York Evening Journal referred to the new club as the "Invaders" in 1903, but switched in the spring of 1904 to the name that would stick for several years: the New York Highlanders. The name was a reference to the team's location and also to the noted British military unit The Gordon Highlanders, which fit as the team's president from 1903 to 1906 was Joseph Gordon. Like other AL teams, such as the team in Boston, they were also referred to as the "Americans". By 1904, the team was also being called the "Yankees" or "Yanks", a synonym for "Americans" which was also easier to type and fit in headlines. On April 7, 1904, a spring training story from carried the headline "Yankees Will Start Home From South To-Day." The New York Evening Journalscreamed: "YANKEES BEAT BOSTON" However, initially "Highlanders" was the most common unofficial nickname of the new team.