Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Yankees/Orioles game 1 lineup
5 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2012 - 10:52PM #21
hampfan
Posts: 2,879


[/quote]


Lauren, I think this will sound crazy but I believe could help.. According to a source, the first callup from the Yankees tomorrow will be Cervelli. You know what happened in 09. Cervelli reanimated a dead team back at the time with his charisma and will to play. And he's coming in the perfect time. I think Cervelli can turn the spark in this team.I hope it occurs..


[/quote]


Heaven help us if we're looking forward to a mediocre .250 AAA rah-rah singles hitter for salvation. He's a dismal option who ought to be traded in the off-season--I hope. Of course, fat chance that'll happen. Why don't we call up Pena while we're at it?

5 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2012 - 9:09AM #22
Marvin
Posts: 1,221

Aug 31, 2012 -- 10:52PM, hampfan wrote:




Heaven help us if we're looking forward to a mediocre .250 AAA rah-rah singles hitter for salvation. He's a dismal option who ought to be traded in the off-season--I hope. Of course, fat chance that'll happen. Why don't we call up Pena while we're at it?




When your starting catcher is hitting in the 190's (yeah, I know: bad luck) one shouldn't dismiss 250 singles hitters so quickly.

5 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2012 - 9:15AM #23
61in61
Posts: 26,115

Sep 1, 2012 -- 9:09AM, Marvin wrote:


Aug 31, 2012 -- 10:52PM, hampfan wrote:




Heaven help us if we're looking forward to a mediocre .250 AAA rah-rah singles hitter for salvation. He's a dismal option who ought to be traded in the off-season--I hope. Of course, fat chance that'll happen. Why don't we call up Pena while we're at it?




When your starting catcher is hitting in the 190's (yeah, I know: bad luck) one shouldn't dismiss 250 singles hitters so quickly.




Good point.

5 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2012 - 9:21AM #24
laurenfrances
Posts: 30,621

Aug 31, 2012 -- 10:52PM, hampfan wrote:





Lauren, I think this will sound crazy but I believe could help.. According to a source, the first callup from the Yankees tomorrow will be Cervelli. You know what happened in 09. Cervelli reanimated a dead team back at the time with his charisma and will to play. And he's coming in the perfect time. I think Cervelli can turn the spark in this team.I hope it occurs..




Heaven help us if we're looking forward to a mediocre .250 AAA rah-rah singles hitter for salvation. He's a dismal option who ought to be traded in the off-season--I hope. Of course, fat chance that'll happen. Why don't we call up Pena while we're at it?




I'm not rah rahing or anything otherwise.  Obviously the month of August was not kind to our Yankees. Many of you sink this ship with a month of baseball remaining.  Let it all play out in the final stretch before many of you bury them.  

Always proud to be a Yankee fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum