YES Network.com

MLB NBA
MLB NBA
 
Network Forums Yankees Francesa did his deed, marathon canceled
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Francesa did his deed, marathon canceled
2 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2012 - 2:18PM #31
yank0428
Posts: 7,181

Nov 4, 2012 -- 1:08PM, RockinDaBronx wrote:


the straw that broke the camels back



it's one thing to be the worst post season hitter ever, but when you start losing games playing atrocious circuslike defense expect to get your walking papers from the fans




Rockin that was the play that drove me nuts. What was the point of the tumblesalt? To make it look like a harder catch then it was. This is one of the reasons some call him a clown. That play killed them that game. Ichiro would make that look easy.Not the only play this postseason he messed up in rightfield. 

2 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2012 - 2:21PM #32
ArtVandelay
Posts: 15,829

Nov 4, 2012 -- 2:18PM, yank0428 wrote:


Nov 4, 2012 -- 1:08PM, RockinDaBronx wrote:


the straw that broke the camels back


it's one thing to be the worst post season hitter ever, but when you start losing games playing atrocious circuslike defense expect to get your walking papers from the fans




Rockin that was the play that drove me nuts. What was the point of the tumblesalt? To make it look like a harder catch then it was. This is one of the reasons some call him a clown. That play killed them that game. Ichiro would make that look easy.Not the only play this postseason he messed up in rightfield. 




as hard as that was to watch I keep thinking that we should have never been in that inning to begin with - we had a couple of chances to end it eralier....  even if Nick makes the catch I wonder if we even score again...  maybe if he makes the play the Tigers win it in the 23rd inning instead....

2 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2012 - 2:38PM #33
yank0428
Posts: 7,181

Nov 4, 2012 -- 2:21PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Nov 4, 2012 -- 2:18PM, yank0428 wrote:


Nov 4, 2012 -- 1:08PM, RockinDaBronx wrote:


the straw that broke the camels back


it's one thing to be the worst post season hitter ever, but when you start losing games playing atrocious circuslike defense expect to get your walking papers from the fans




Rockin that was the play that drove me nuts. What was the point of the tumblesalt? To make it look like a harder catch then it was. This is one of the reasons some call him a clown. That play killed them that game. Ichiro would make that look easy.Not the only play this postseason he messed up in rightfield. 




as hard as that was to watch I keep thinking that we should have never been in that inning to begin with - we had a couple of chances to end it eralier....  even if Nick makes the catch I wonder if we even score again...  maybe if he makes the play the Tigers win it in the 23rd inning instead....




Art your probably right. The way the Yanks were hitting it most likely wouldn't have made a difference.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2012 - 2:46PM #34
jk1226
Posts: 1,101

Nov 4, 2012 -- 2:21PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Nov 4, 2012 -- 2:18PM, yank0428 wrote:


Nov 4, 2012 -- 1:08PM, RockinDaBronx wrote:


the straw that broke the camels back


it's one thing to be the worst post season hitter ever, but when you start losing games playing atrocious circuslike defense expect to get your walking papers from the fans




Rockin that was the play that drove me nuts. What was the point of the tumblesalt? To make it look like a harder catch then it was. This is one of the reasons some call him a clown. That play killed them that game. Ichiro would make that look easy.Not the only play this postseason he messed up in rightfield. 




as hard as that was to watch I keep thinking that we should have never been in that inning to begin with - we had a couple of chances to end it eralier....  even if Nick makes the catch I wonder if we even score again...  maybe if he makes the play the Tigers win it in the 23rd inning instead....




 


Spot on Prez, Yanks couldn't score in a women's prison with a pocketful of pardons.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2012 - 8:03AM #35
laurenfrances
Posts: 19,700

From what was reported from SI residents.....hundreds of joggers went ot Staten Island with various supplies ( water, diapers, coats, batteries, etc) spending hours to volunteer in helping with the clean up.  Kudos for their efforts!!!



Hundreds Of Would-Be Marathon Runners Deliver Relief Supplies On Staten Island





By: Polly Kreisman


Many runners who had planned to participate in the canceled New York City marathon Sunday are now volunteering in the hurricane relief effort. NY1’s Polly Kreisman filed the following report.





Sunday's morning ferries brought about 1,300 would-be marathon runners to Staten Island as they geared up to bring supplies and other aid to distressed residents.


"I was supposed to run the marathon so I figured this was the best that I could do is run stuff back and forth to donation centers," one marathoner-turned-volunteer said.


It may not have been the 26.2 miles they trained for, but runners took off from St. George to Millers Field in New Dorp, carrying backpacks and bags to meet with many more volunteers boxing up supplies.


"There was a perception runners are selfish," said one volunteer. "That they were not listening to the needs of people around them. And that really bothered me because there is no bigger group of people that give to others that I know of."


Often runners participate in races to raise money for charities, but on Sunday, they were seen moving furniture and carrying provisions into the devastated community of Cedar Grove.


One man placed American flags in front of destroyed homes, reinforcing the idea that all the volunteers -- marathoners and others -- were spreading: a sense of unity.


"The reason we run the NYC marathon is because of the people and the crowds and the energy of the crowds," a volunteer said. "We wanted to come and give back to the people of Staten Island and let them know that they're not forgotten.


It may be years before some of these neighborhoods completely rebuild, but residents are sure to remember those who used their legs and their hearts to get people back on their feet.


Always proud to be a Yankee fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket
2 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2012 - 6:58PM #36
jk1226
Posts: 1,101

Nov 5, 2012 -- 8:03AM, laurenfrances wrote:


From what was reported from SI residents.....hundreds of joggers went ot Staten Island with various supplies ( water, diapers, coats, batteries, etc) spending hours to volunteer in helping with the clean up.  Kudos for their efforts!!!


 


Agreed Lauren, that was a great story!





 


2 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2012 - 7:08PM #37
ArtVandelay
Posts: 15,829

I heard there were a bunch of generators that stayed in Central Park and weren't even used...  who the heck is running things over there?  sounds like they could have went to some of those gas stations

2 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2012 - 8:07PM #38
RockinDaBronx
Posts: 3,364

Nov 5, 2012 -- 7:08PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


I heard there were a bunch of generators that stayed in Central Park and weren't even used...  who the heck is running things over there?  sounds like they could have went to some of those gas stations




Bloomberg seems to be bored with the entire disaster, he'd rather be at some fruity musical than helping NYers in the other boroughs. After dealing with no power, no food, no heat and no help, I think city folks may finally understand why country folk cling to their guns and bible.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2012 - 12:38PM #39
ArtVandelay
Posts: 15,829

Nov 5, 2012 -- 8:07PM, RockinDaBronx wrote:


Nov 5, 2012 -- 7:08PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


I heard there were a bunch of generators that stayed in Central Park and weren't even used...  who the heck is running things over there?  sounds like they could have went to some of those gas stations




Bloomberg seems to be bored with the entire disaster, he'd rather be at some fruity musical than helping NYers in the other boroughs. After dealing with no power, no food, no heat and no help, I think city folks may finally understand why country folk cling to their guns and bible.





I wonder if someone trying to take a lousy five minute break from digging out their home with a cigarette and Big Gulp will get a ticket from the mighty midget?

2 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2012 - 7:48AM #40
ru4_nyy
Posts: 2,352

Nov 3, 2012 -- 1:52AM, Boardroomjimmy aka Miguel Kay wrote:


Nov 3, 2012 -- 12:21AM, GlenninVirginia wrote:


Clam yo'se'f, BRJ, clam yo'se'f.


Some of our friends got a smidgen outta han'.


It's a difficult time for everyone; and politics has both nothing and everything to do with it.


Everybody needs to pitch in and stop blaming each other's opinions.


Moderator, leave it right here, where it belongs.





sorry old man, not gonna clam myself. This thread has nothing to do with the yankees and since people decided to bring politics into it it should be moved to the political forum. 




amen Jimmy

Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Francesa did his deed, marathon canceled
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum