YES Network.com

MLB NBA
MLB NBA
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics Fox News blames "mainstream" media for Romney Loss
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Fox News blames "mainstream" media for Romney Loss
2 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2012 - 11:51AM #1
61in61
Posts: 18,002
In true Conservative fashion Fox is trying to blame the "media" for Romney's loss, instead of blaming the candidate himself for a piss-poor job in an election that was ripe for the taking. They are blaming the fact checkers, the debate moderators and the journalists.

What's ironic is that they fail to mention that FOX News is the most watched news station, that The Wall Street Journal has the highest circulation of any newspaper and with Conservative talk radio dominating radio its difficult to accept the allegations that the election was swayed by the liberal media.

Besides, it also implies that the voters are stupid.



www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/07/five-...





2 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2012 - 1:22PM #2
MajorYankFan
Posts: 9,483
2 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2012 - 4:44PM #3
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 3,935

What is reported and how it's reported plays a huge role in public opinion.  To argue that FoxNews and the WSJ have the bully pulpit because they have the greatest audiences is false.  There are more Yankee fans than fans of individual other teams but Yankee fans make up a small fraction of baseball fans.  Most people are getting their information with a different bias than those.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2012 - 7:17PM #4
zzdogg
Posts: 736

Nov 11, 2012 -- 4:44PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


What is reported and how it's reported plays a huge role in public opinion.  To argue that FoxNews and the WSJ have the bully pulpit because they have the greatest audiences is false.  There are more Yankee fans than fans of individual other teams but Yankee fans make up a small fraction of baseball fans.  Most people are getting their information with a different bias than those.




i would argue that fox purposely misinforms and that the braves and cardinals easily compete with yankee fan numbers

2 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2012 - 10:46PM #5
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 3,935

Nov 11, 2012 -- 7:17PM, zzdogg wrote:


i would argue that fox purposely misinforms and that the braves and cardinals easily compete with yankee fan numbers




As I posted previously in my thread on an impending pilot shortage when a major news source reports on an issue I know a good deal about the information is skewed and almost unrecognizable to industry insiders even from their so called "experts."  I do think my comparison holds up, you can think of the Braves as Time Warner media outlets, Cubs as Tribune, Red Sox as NYT, etc.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 11:46AM #6
MAX
Posts: 12,362

Nov 11, 2012 -- 11:51AM, 61in61 wrote:

In true Conservative fashion Fox is trying to blame the "media" for Romney's loss, instead of blaming the candidate himself for a piss-poor job in an election that was ripe for the taking. They are blaming the fact checkers, the debate moderators and the journalists.

What's ironic is that they fail to mention that FOX News is the most watched news station, that The Wall Street Journal has the highest circulation of any newspaper and with Conservative talk radio dominating radio its difficult to accept the allegations that the election was swayed by the liberal media.

Besides, it also implies that the voters are stupid.



www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/07/five-...








It also implies that they think that all of the people who watch Fox News are stupid. It's further proof that Fox News is in an alternate universe.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2012 - 12:11PM #7
61in61
Posts: 18,002

Nov 11, 2012 -- 4:44PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


What is reported and how it's reported plays a huge role in public opinion.  To argue that FoxNews and the WSJ have the bully pulpit because they have the greatest audiences is false.  There are more Yankee fans than fans of individual other teams but Yankee fans make up a small fraction of baseball fans.  Most people are getting their information with a different bias than those.





" To argue that FoxNews and the WSJ have the bully pulpit because they have the greatest audiences is false."



I disagree. When you add the TV media, the newsprint media and the radio media together it is absurd to allege that your voice isn't being heard. FOX is also alleging that all the other media is biased except FOX  and that there is a liberal conspiracy. What FOX is saying, and what Conservatives want people to believe, is that they right and everyone else is wrong.


In addition, the point I was trying to make is that it is absurd for FOX to say that they are not part of "the media" when they have the largest viewrship. It would be like Yankee fans saying that they aren't baseball fans.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2012 - 12:36PM #8
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 39,721

Nov 11, 2012 -- 11:51AM, 61in61 wrote:

In true Conservative fashion Fox is trying to blame the "media" for Romney's loss, instead of blaming the candidate himself for a piss-poor job in an election that was ripe for the taking. They are blaming the fact checkers, the debate moderators and the journalists.

What's ironic is that they fail to mention that FOX News is the most watched news station, that The Wall Street Journal has the highest circulation of any newspaper and with Conservative talk radio dominating radio its difficult to accept the allegations that the election was swayed by the liberal media.

Besides, it also implies that the voters are stupid.



www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/07/five-...







The real answer is that Romney just wasn't selling the right message ... but no one wants to point to the obvious.

mariano42



"Without the Lord, I cannot do it."  Mariano Rivera - 9/22/13

2 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2012 - 3:50PM #9
jorgecostanza
Posts: 1,362

Nov 11, 2012 -- 11:51AM, 61in61 wrote:



What's ironic is that they fail to mention that FOX News is the most watched news station,





This is incorrect. FOX is the most-watched cable news station and the most-watched prime-time news station.


ABC, CBS, and NBC, on at not-prime-time 6:30, all have at least 3X the viewers FOX has.


But to the main point of the thread; Reagan used to own the media, and I don't recall any beeyotching about that from the right. Why can't they own the media? What's their problem? Bush had 92% approval after he lied and went into Iraq. He had the media in his hand. He lost it on his own. This is the Dem's fault?

Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics Fox News blames "mainstream" media for Romney Loss
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum