YES Network.com

MLB NBA
MLB NBA
 
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
News Corp & YES Network
2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2012 - 10:52AM #81
GlenninVirginia
Posts: 6,399

Nov 22, 2012 -- 9:57AM, 61in61 wrote:


They are worried about saving $10M when they will be getting close to $750M? That's like telling your family you need to cut back on your electric bill when you own the utility compnay.




Ten million dollars represents a profit margin of 13% on a $750,000,000.00 deal.  You've never run a business, have you?  Go back to Economics 101.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2012 - 12:32PM #82
MAX
Posts: 12,231

Nov 21, 2012 -- 6:33PM, BigGuy wrote:


Nov 21, 2012 -- 2:26PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


This is a cash windfall bonanza for the "Brenners. It will continue to be a cash cow as Yes "pays" to have the broadcasting rights to Yanks games.




Not to shabby for them and the Yankees.  Yet there's a budget freeze next year.  That's a little hard to justify with those numbers being thrown around.





As it is right now the ticket and all the stadium prices aren't justified. The Yankees should do the right thing and go back somewhere near the 2008 old Yankee Stadium/ticket prices. Factor in the 2012/2013 price increase if need be. But what they are charging since the new stadium opened is ridiculous. The  average family is priced out. Before last post season empty seats at Yankee Stadium in October was unheard of.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2012 - 2:02PM #83
61in61
Posts: 18,002

Nov 22, 2012 -- 10:52AM, GlenninVirginia wrote:


Nov 22, 2012 -- 9:57AM, 61in61 wrote:


They are worried about saving $10M when they will be getting close to $750M? That's like telling your family you need to cut back on your electric bill when you own the utility compnay.




Ten million dollars represents a profit margin of 13% on a $750,000,000.00 deal.  You've never run a business, have you?  Go back to Economics 101.




Try 1.3% bozo. Not very good at math are you? I'm glad you aren't running my company.


In addition that $10M could cost them $50M if they miss the post-season and fans stop coming to the games. At an average ticket price of $63 that $10M would represent a decline in attendance of 160,000 fans or about 2000 per home game. They lost over 110K from 2011 to 2012 with a winning team. I hate to think what the attendance would be like for a 4th place finish.


Operating income for 2011 was $26M compared to a loss of $47M in 2008, so thats a gain of $73M, which means thay can afford the high payroll.

2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2012 - 3:27PM #84
GlenninVirginia
Posts: 6,399

I stand corrected.


I put one too many 0's in the calculator.  I didn't realize it was closer to WalMart's profit margin.  We probably should picket them, then, and demand they pay their players more and give them better benefits and refuse to buy their tickets until they do.


Thank you, that's just what I'm going to do now!

2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2012 - 4:24PM #85
61in61
Posts: 18,002

Nov 22, 2012 -- 3:27PM, GlenninVirginia wrote:


I stand corrected.


I put one too many 0's in the calculator.  I didn't realize it was closer to WalMart's profit margin.  We probably should picket them, then, and demand they pay their players more and give them better benefits and refuse to buy their tickets until they do.


Thank you, that's just what I'm going to do now!




Finally, you have seen the light!

2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2012 - 4:36PM #86
GlenninVirginia
Posts: 6,399

Nov 22, 2012 -- 4:24PM, 61in61 wrote:


Nov 22, 2012 -- 3:27PM, GlenninVirginia wrote:


I stand corrected.


I put one too many 0's in the calculator.  I didn't realize it was closer to WalMart's profit margin.  We probably should picket them, then, and demand they pay their players more and give them better benefits and refuse to buy their tickets until they do.


Thank you, that's just what I'm going to do now!




Finally, you have seen the light!




Yeah, sure, whatever you say.

Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum