YES Network.com

MLB NBA
MLB NBA
 
Network Forums Yankees Want to get the Yankees younger? perfect time...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Want to get the Yankees younger? perfect time for this, offer Cano to the Rangers
1 year ago  ::  Dec 28, 2012 - 6:09PM #131
Yankees
Posts: 5,840

Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:41PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:37PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:28PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:23PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 8:38AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 27, 2012 -- 10:54PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 27, 2012 -- 2:16PM, CaptainJeter wrote:


Dec 25, 2012 -- 2:06PM, Yankees wrote:


Call me all the names you like that doesn't mean you know more about baseball than me.




 


really ?Robbie Cano?  Can't you see what other people see ? You don't see that you are agrumentative ? Because  you are and explain to us why you think you know more about baseball than anyone here ?You need to clarify yourself .




See what I bolded, how is that arguing?  If they let this thread die and ignore it like l have then there wouldn't be a problem.




I have a question ... when you start with people, why should they let the thread die?  


Should people just back away and always let you have the last say on matters?


I don't think that's right ... sounds to me like a child throwing a tantrum always wanting its own way.




I made a harmless reply to the thread that was misinterpreted by you.  Even though it was never cleared up I decided to move on.  Just let the thread die.





And you apparently think you are the one to say when the thread should die?


Wow, what an ego!




No nothing to do with ego, this thread shouldn't be alive still.  And why are you even responding?  No one was even talking to you so don't accuse me of trying to drag a thread on when you're the one trying to start something up again.  If you got a problem with me then message me but otherwise just drop it and move on.  Alright?





 


I have no issue with you at the moment, except that you are acting as if you make the decisions around here as to where people should post and shouldn't post ... sorry ... you don't get to say when a thread dies ... it dies when it dies.




Me:  If they let this thread die and ignore it like l have then there wouldn't be a problem.




You: I have a question ... when you start with people, why should they let the thread die?  


Should people just back away and always let you have the last say on matters?


I don't think that's right ... sounds to me like a child throwing a tantrum always wanting its own way.



You:  I have no issue with you at the moment, except that you are acting as if you make the decisions around here as to where people should post and shouldn't post ... sorry ... you don't get to say when a thread dies ... it dies when it dies.




You say you have no issue with me yet you felt the need to add your 2 cents.  I'm not acting like I make the decisons around here, I was responding to CJ and nowhere did I demand for anyone to stop posting.  IMO demanding would be more like me saying "EVERYONE STOP POSTING HERE NOW GWAAHAHAHAHAH BRHHHHH ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Well obviously not that dramatic but yeah...



And I really do love how you say I am a child throwing a tantrum when I didn't even post anything remotely close to on.  And then your following post you say you don't have a problem with me.  You can't have it both ways Mo, you can't say I am throwing a tantrum and then the following statement say you don't have a problem with me.  So which is it?


I wasn't being nasty to you or CJ, I'm just trying to clear the air and move on.  Can we do that?





Yankee Stadium

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
1 year ago  ::  Dec 28, 2012 - 6:44PM #132
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 38,065

Dec 28, 2012 -- 6:09PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:41PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:37PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:28PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:23PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 8:38AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 27, 2012 -- 10:54PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 27, 2012 -- 2:16PM, CaptainJeter wrote:


Dec 25, 2012 -- 2:06PM, Yankees wrote:


Call me all the names you like that doesn't mean you know more about baseball than me.




 


really ?Robbie Cano?  Can't you see what other people see ? You don't see that you are agrumentative ? Because  you are and explain to us why you think you know more about baseball than anyone here ?You need to clarify yourself .




See what I bolded, how is that arguing?  If they let this thread die and ignore it like l have then there wouldn't be a problem.




I have a question ... when you start with people, why should they let the thread die?  


Should people just back away and always let you have the last say on matters?


I don't think that's right ... sounds to me like a child throwing a tantrum always wanting its own way.




I made a harmless reply to the thread that was misinterpreted by you.  Even though it was never cleared up I decided to move on.  Just let the thread die.





And you apparently think you are the one to say when the thread should die?


Wow, what an ego!




No nothing to do with ego, this thread shouldn't be alive still.  And why are you even responding?  No one was even talking to you so don't accuse me of trying to drag a thread on when you're the one trying to start something up again.  If you got a problem with me then message me but otherwise just drop it and move on.  Alright?





 


I have no issue with you at the moment, except that you are acting as if you make the decisions around here as to where people should post and shouldn't post ... sorry ... you don't get to say when a thread dies ... it dies when it dies.




Me:  If they let this thread die and ignore it like l have then there wouldn't be a problem.




You: I have a question ... when you start with people, why should they let the thread die?  


Should people just back away and always let you have the last say on matters?


I don't think that's right ... sounds to me like a child throwing a tantrum always wanting its own way.



You:  I have no issue with you at the moment, except that you are acting as if you make the decisions around here as to where people should post and shouldn't post ... sorry ... you don't get to say when a thread dies ... it dies when it dies.




You say you have no issue with me yet you felt the need to add your 2 cents.  I'm not acting like I make the decisons around here, I was responding to CJ and nowhere did I demand for anyone to stop posting.  IMO demanding would be more like me saying "EVERYONE STOP POSTING HERE NOW GWAAHAHAHAHAH BRHHHHH ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Well obviously not that dramatic but yeah...



And I really do love how you say I am a child throwing a tantrum when I didn't even post anything remotely close to on.  And then your following post you say you don't have a problem with me.  You can't have it both ways Mo, you can't say I am throwing a tantrum and then the following statement say you don't have a problem with me.  So which is it?


I wasn't being nasty to you or CJ, I'm just trying to clear the air and move on.  Can we do that?









Yes, let's clear the air and move on ... I really don't have issues with you Robbie ... I'm merely responding to some of the notions that you throw out ... but remember, neither you or I can say when a thread dies ... it dies when it dies ... if we stop going back and forth in here, then it might help it die ... but that's no guarantee.

mariano42



"Without the Lord, I cannot do it."  Mariano Rivera - 9/22/13

1 year ago  ::  Dec 28, 2012 - 7:02PM #133
Yankees
Posts: 5,840

Dec 28, 2012 -- 6:44PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 6:09PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:41PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:37PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:28PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 5:23PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 28, 2012 -- 8:38AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 27, 2012 -- 10:54PM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 27, 2012 -- 2:16PM, CaptainJeter wrote:


Dec 25, 2012 -- 2:06PM, Yankees wrote:


Call me all the names you like that doesn't mean you know more about baseball than me.




 


really ?Robbie Cano?  Can't you see what other people see ? You don't see that you are agrumentative ? Because  you are and explain to us why you think you know more about baseball than anyone here ?You need to clarify yourself .




See what I bolded, how is that arguing?  If they let this thread die and ignore it like l have then there wouldn't be a problem.




I have a question ... when you start with people, why should they let the thread die?  


Should people just back away and always let you have the last say on matters?


I don't think that's right ... sounds to me like a child throwing a tantrum always wanting its own way.




I made a harmless reply to the thread that was misinterpreted by you.  Even though it was never cleared up I decided to move on.  Just let the thread die.





And you apparently think you are the one to say when the thread should die?


Wow, what an ego!




No nothing to do with ego, this thread shouldn't be alive still.  And why are you even responding?  No one was even talking to you so don't accuse me of trying to drag a thread on when you're the one trying to start something up again.  If you got a problem with me then message me but otherwise just drop it and move on.  Alright?





 


I have no issue with you at the moment, except that you are acting as if you make the decisions around here as to where people should post and shouldn't post ... sorry ... you don't get to say when a thread dies ... it dies when it dies.




Me:  If they let this thread die and ignore it like l have then there wouldn't be a problem.




You: I have a question ... when you start with people, why should they let the thread die?  


Should people just back away and always let you have the last say on matters?


I don't think that's right ... sounds to me like a child throwing a tantrum always wanting its own way.



You:  I have no issue with you at the moment, except that you are acting as if you make the decisions around here as to where people should post and shouldn't post ... sorry ... you don't get to say when a thread dies ... it dies when it dies.




You say you have no issue with me yet you felt the need to add your 2 cents.  I'm not acting like I make the decisons around here, I was responding to CJ and nowhere did I demand for anyone to stop posting.  IMO demanding would be more like me saying "EVERYONE STOP POSTING HERE NOW GWAAHAHAHAHAH BRHHHHH ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Well obviously not that dramatic but yeah...



And I really do love how you say I am a child throwing a tantrum when I didn't even post anything remotely close to on.  And then your following post you say you don't have a problem with me.  You can't have it both ways Mo, you can't say I am throwing a tantrum and then the following statement say you don't have a problem with me.  So which is it?


I wasn't being nasty to you or CJ, I'm just trying to clear the air and move on.  Can we do that?









Yes, let's clear the air and move on ... I really don't have issues with you Robbie ... I'm merely responding to some of the notions that you throw out ... but remember, neither you or I can say when a thread dies ... it dies when it dies ... if we stop going back and forth in here, then it might help it die ... but that's no guarantee.




Alright good thank you.  Cheers, here's to 2013 and a Yankees World Series victory!

Yankee Stadium

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
1 year ago  ::  Dec 29, 2012 - 2:39AM #134
laurenfrances
Posts: 18,770

Here's  a Cano news that I didn't see.... He's no longer a kid....  In addition to risk of injury, the rest will do him good as Yankees will count on him to deliver the goods offensively.



Via Dan Martin: The Yankees have rejected a request for Robinson Cano to play in the Dominican Winter League playoffs. The more big league service time a player has, the more control their team has over their winter ball usage. Robbie is well beyond the point where the Yankees can prevent him from playing.


Cano, 30, is going to be counted on quite a bit offensively next season given the expected production hit the team will take in right field and behind the plate. Robbie has also played in at least 159 games in six straight years, the third most in MLB, so the extra rest and decreased wear-and-tear won’t be a bad thing. I have no problem with the team holding him out of winter ball to reduce the risk of injury (among other things) prior to 2013. It’s not like he’s a young prospect in need of extra reps.

Always proud to be a Yankee fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket
1 year ago  ::  Dec 29, 2012 - 4:26AM #135
Yankees
Posts: 5,840

Dec 29, 2012 -- 2:39AM, laurenfrances wrote:


Here's  a Cano news that I didn't see.... He's no longer a kid....  In addition to risk of injury, the rest will do him good as Yankees will count on him to deliver the goods offensively.



Via Dan Martin: The Yankees have rejected a request for Robinson Cano to play in the Dominican Winter League playoffs. The more big league service time a player has, the more control their team has over their winter ball usage. Robbie is well beyond the point where the Yankees can prevent him from playing.


Cano, 30, is going to be counted on quite a bit offensively next season given the expected production hit the team will take in right field and behind the plate. Robbie has also played in at least 159 games in six straight years, the third most in MLB, so the extra rest and decreased wear-and-tear won’t be a bad thing. I have no problem with the team holding him out of winter ball to reduce the risk of injury (among other things) prior to 2013. It’s not like he’s a young prospect in need of extra reps.




I guess teams don't have control over whether or not a player can participate in the WBC?  I know it's a different subject but I'm sure owners hate to see them play in what they probably consider meaningless games.


Yankee Stadium

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
1 year ago  ::  Dec 29, 2012 - 5:14PM #136
doubleplay643
Posts: 5,032

Dec 29, 2012 -- 4:26AM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 29, 2012 -- 2:39AM, laurenfrances wrote:


Here's  a Cano news that I didn't see.... He's no longer a kid....  In addition to risk of injury, the rest will do him good as Yankees will count on him to deliver the goods offensively.



Via Dan Martin: The Yankees have rejected a request for Robinson Cano to play in the Dominican Winter League playoffs. The more big league service time a player has, the more control their team has over their winter ball usage. Robbie is well beyond the point where the Yankees can prevent him from playing.


Cano, 30, is going to be counted on quite a bit offensively next season given the expected production hit the team will take in right field and behind the plate. Robbie has also played in at least 159 games in six straight years, the third most in MLB, so the extra rest and decreased wear-and-tear won’t be a bad thing. I have no problem with the team holding him out of winter ball to reduce the risk of injury (among other things) prior to 2013. It’s not like he’s a young prospect in need of extra reps.




I guess teams don't have control over whether or not a player can participate in the WBC?  I know it's a different subject but I'm sure owners hate to see them play in what they probably consider meaningless games.





They should, their the ones that are paying Cano and if something happens to Cano, it'll effect their team going forward and this Yankee team can't afford that. 

1 year ago  ::  Dec 30, 2012 - 9:30AM #137
JoeGNJ
Posts: 11,726

Dec 27, 2012 -- 7:31PM, Yankee1954 wrote:


Dec 13, 2012 -- 8:48PM, Searle wrote:


We all see this lineup, old and getting older (especially since it looks like Ichrio might get two years now).

Rangers are going to move Kinsler off secondbase to first. They have money and holes to fill.

Offer Robinson Cano to Texas. They have the money to sign him and it will save the Yankees from another bad long term contract, plus keep them under the $189M. Get some of those good Texas prospects.

Yep, dumb idea? probably. but we can see where the Yankees are headed. Tex never was the player they thought, A-Rod cant stay healthy or hit 20 potatoes a year, Jeter cant play like this forever, Hughes wasnt the pitcher they thought, Pineda bad shoulder, Nova extra base machine, Banuelos TJ surgery, Betances ugh, Granderson K's, the Yankees real talented prospects are maybe 2 to 3 years away, etc.

I know it will never happen, the YES Network needs ratings with a playoff contending team. but one can wish. Let's enjoy that 10 year deal Cano will get from NY. 




 Please no long term for Cano, he isn't made for a long term contract.




Agreed! IMO part of why you give a player a long term deal is leadership. We've discussed that issue here ad nauseum and the consesnus is, he's not a leader.  Id sure hate to see him beat us on another team but, a long term deal? No way Jose.

JoeGNJ
1 year ago  ::  Dec 30, 2012 - 9:30AM #138
JoeGNJ
Posts: 11,726

Dec 29, 2012 -- 5:14PM, doubleplay643 wrote:


Dec 29, 2012 -- 4:26AM, Yankees wrote:


Dec 29, 2012 -- 2:39AM, laurenfrances wrote:


Here's  a Cano news that I didn't see.... He's no longer a kid....  In addition to risk of injury, the rest will do him good as Yankees will count on him to deliver the goods offensively.



Via Dan Martin: The Yankees have rejected a request for Robinson Cano to play in the Dominican Winter League playoffs. The more big league service time a player has, the more control their team has over their winter ball usage. Robbie is well beyond the point where the Yankees can prevent him from playing.


Cano, 30, is going to be counted on quite a bit offensively next season given the expected production hit the team will take in right field and behind the plate. Robbie has also played in at least 159 games in six straight years, the third most in MLB, so the extra rest and decreased wear-and-tear won’t be a bad thing. I have no problem with the team holding him out of winter ball to reduce the risk of injury (among other things) prior to 2013. It’s not like he’s a young prospect in need of extra reps.




I guess teams don't have control over whether or not a player can participate in the WBC?  I know it's a different subject but I'm sure owners hate to see them play in what they probably consider meaningless games.





They should, their the ones that are paying Cano and if something happens to Cano, it'll effect their team going forward and this Yankee team can't afford that. 




+1

JoeGNJ
1 year ago  ::  Dec 30, 2012 - 11:31AM #139
laurenfrances
Posts: 18,770

With WBA there is pride in each country being represented and doing well as MLB took part in initiating the process.  Winter ball is just that....Winter ball.  Barring injuries and health issues, Yankees cannot openly deny players from participating in WBA.  


Always proud to be a Yankee fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket
1 year ago  ::  Dec 30, 2012 - 3:21PM #140
FW57Clipper51
Posts: 10,904

Dec 30, 2012 -- 11:31AM, laurenfrances wrote:


With WBA there is pride in each country being represented and doing well as MLB took part in initiating the process.  Winter ball is just that....Winter ball.  Barring injuries and health issues, Yankees cannot openly deny players from participating in WBA.  





Lauren,


They are under MLB player contract the MLB teams can deny them permission to play. If I am MLB team owner, I don't want my players getting hurt in a useless money making scheme, regardless what Bud the Dud and the MLB thinks. If they do get hurt, their MLB contracts could be voided.  The Yankees have already had barred AL All Star 2B Robbie Cano from playing in the winter ball play-offs this year. Save the national pride stuff for World Cup Soccer  and the Summer and Winter Oympics. The MLB  players first committment is to their MLB team that they are signed with.



Clipper



http://i50.tinypic.com/vfvbja.jpg


Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Want to get the Yankees younger? perfect time...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum