YES Network.com

MLB NBA
MLB NBA
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics Sandra Fluke: Opposing Contraception Coverage...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Sandra Fluke: Opposing Contraception Coverage Akin To Opposing ‚ÄúLeukemia Coverage‚Ä̂Ķ
1 year ago  ::  Feb 07, 2013 - 9:04AM #31
bomberhojoe
Posts: 9,105

Feb 7, 2013 -- 12:26AM, Yankee1954 wrote:


Feb 4, 2013 -- 12:47PM, bomberhojoe wrote:


If a woman does get pregnant, that is not a disease. Despite what some may choose to say, it is also not a punishment or a tragedy. If a person gets lung cancer, they may die without treatment.  I don't have a problem with including birth control for a medical condition in prescription plans, but forcing it on someone for contraception only is going too far IMO.  BTW, I am not against programs that help to subsidize child care for those parents who CANNOT help themselves, but not for those who choose to not help themselves. 




I don't know if you are aware of the fact birth control pills do more that keep a woman from getting pregnant. 




I am aware of it, that's why I mentioned it in my response.

John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
1 year ago  ::  Feb 07, 2013 - 9:10AM #32
bomberhojoe
Posts: 9,105

Feb 7, 2013 -- 12:32AM, Yankee1954 wrote:


Feb 5, 2013 -- 8:49AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Feb 4, 2013 -- 8:04PM, 61in61 wrote:


The seven deadly sins are: Sloth,greed,wrath,lust,pride envy and gluttony. Contraception isn't one of them. Chances are that if our souls are damned it will be because of greed or wrath or envy and not about whether the "little guys" made their appointed rounds or not.




There are no deadly sins in the Bible. Sin is sin. While contraception isn't a sin, sex out of wedlock is.  All sins are forgiven by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.




When you say it like that it sounds so convenient!




Well that's what the Bible says on the matter, and it is simple or convenient as you wrote.  But when one truly accepts that gift, they are changed from within.  They don't want to sin anymore and sincerely love others.


Ephesians 1:7, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 14:6, Romans 10:9, Romans 5:8

John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
1 year ago  ::  Feb 07, 2013 - 12:45PM #33
61in61
Posts: 16,953

Feb 7, 2013 -- 9:10AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Feb 7, 2013 -- 12:32AM, Yankee1954 wrote:


Feb 5, 2013 -- 8:49AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Feb 4, 2013 -- 8:04PM, 61in61 wrote:


The seven deadly sins are: Sloth,greed,wrath,lust,pride envy and gluttony. Contraception isn't one of them. Chances are that if our souls are damned it will be because of greed or wrath or envy and not about whether the "little guys" made their appointed rounds or not.




There are no deadly sins in the Bible. Sin is sin. While contraception isn't a sin, sex out of wedlock is.  All sins are forgiven by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.




When you say it like that it sounds so convenient!




Well that's what the Bible says on the matter, and it is simple or convenient as you wrote.  But when one truly accepts that gift, they are changed from within.  They don't want to sin anymore and sincerely love others.


Ephesians 1:7, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, John 14:6, Romans 10:9, Romans 5:8




According to Proverbs there are seven sins which are more displeasing to God than other sins. Therefore not all sins are created equal.

1 year ago  ::  Feb 07, 2013 - 1:18PM #34
bomberhojoe
Posts: 9,105

Feb 7, 2013 -- 12:45PM, 61in61 wrote:


According to Proverbs there are seven sins which are more displeasing to God than other sins. Therefore not all sins are created equal.




I believe you are referring to Proverbs 6, which names pride, lying, murder, deviousness, love of evil, bearing false witness and stirring up conflict.  However, these are not the same 7 sins that Catholics call deadly.  


James 2:10 “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.”


And action isn't even required, it is what you feel in your heart that counts. Jesus said “anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” And “anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment.”

John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics Sandra Fluke: Opposing Contraception Coverage...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum