YES Network.com

MLB NBA
MLB NBA
 
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Gas Prices
2 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2013 - 10:25AM #71
61in61
Posts: 18,672

Feb 22, 2013 -- 12:25PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Feb 21, 2013 -- 3:33PM, 61in61 wrote:


Feb 21, 2013 -- 1:36PM, luvdayanks wrote:

BTW 61 if you don't consider even $3 .73 a gallon high you're better off than most people in this country. If you took a poll of the average Joe in this country and asked them what they thought of gas prices, a large majority would say they're too high.



When adjusted for infaltion the price of gas today is about the same as it was in 1981. It is higher than I would like, but it seems modt people and businesses have adjusted to it. People still seem to be able to afford to drive to the local store when they could walk.




where do you live?  Mayberry?  who the heck can walk to anything today?




I live in Houston. Everything a person could want is within a 15 min walk (I could probably find a craps game if I really wanted to). When I visit my farm I have to drive about 5 miles to town. I get everything I need once a week. If I need something mid-week I just wait. If people lived where they worked they wouldn't have to waste gas and cause themselves stress.

2 years ago  ::  Feb 24, 2013 - 12:33PM #72
ArtVandelay
Posts: 15,898

Feb 24, 2013 -- 10:25AM, 61in61 wrote:



 If people lived where they worked they wouldn't have to waste gas and cause themselves stress.




yeah but if I lived where I worked then where would I put all my stuff? my office isn't that big....

2 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2013 - 10:34AM #73
61in61
Posts: 18,672

Feb 24, 2013 -- 12:33PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Feb 24, 2013 -- 10:25AM, 61in61 wrote:



 If people lived where they worked they wouldn't have to waste gas and cause themselves stress.




yeah but if I lived where I worked then where would I put all my stuff? my office isn't that big....




Hmmm...that is a dilemma. I'm betting the biggest obstacle would be finding a place for the craps table.

2 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2013 - 11:56AM #74
ArtVandelay
Posts: 15,898

Feb 25, 2013 -- 10:34AM, 61in61 wrote:


Feb 24, 2013 -- 12:33PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Feb 24, 2013 -- 10:25AM, 61in61 wrote:



 If people lived where they worked they wouldn't have to waste gas and cause themselves stress.




yeah but if I lived where I worked then where would I put all my stuff? my office isn't that big....




Hmmm...that is a dilemma. I'm betting the biggest obstacle would be finding a place for the craps table.




I'm thinking of a craps table/bed conversion.....

2 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2013 - 1:45PM #75
HeatMiser
Posts: 2,968

Feb 25, 2013 -- 11:56AM, ArtVandelay wrote:


I'm thinking of a craps table/bed conversion.....




The sheets should match the table layout. Just remember to keep only one hand on your dice. I won't mention the hard four (okay -- six).




2 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2013 - 3:32PM #76
ArtVandelay
Posts: 15,898

Feb 25, 2013 -- 1:45PM, HeatMiser wrote:


Feb 25, 2013 -- 11:56AM, ArtVandelay wrote:


I'm thinking of a craps table/bed conversion.....




The sheets should match the table layout. Just remember to keep only one hand on your dice. I won't mention the hard four (okay -- six).









Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum