Network Forums Yankees Kershaw about to be offered $300M: source
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Kershaw about to be offered $300M: source
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 8:04PM #1
YankeeLoon
Posts: 17,903
This will adversely affect the market for us and everyone.  Why these non-compete offers get thrown at players is beyond me.
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:13PM #2
luvdayanks
Posts: 22,036

Oct 19, 2013 -- 8:04PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

This will adversely affect the market for us and everyone. Why these non-compete offers get thrown at players is beyond me.





Before these teams throw out this type of contract they should follow these instructions.


1. See A Rod contract


2. See CC contract


3. See Tex contract

4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:15PM #3
nyyfn27xws
Posts: 1,655
LOL is this like a 20 year contract?
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:17PM #4
AceMitchell
Posts: 7,196

Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:15PM, nyyfn27xws wrote:

LOL is this like a 20 year contract?



Makes him a Dodger for life. I think 300 million is way too big but I think he definitely ends up in the $200 million dollar range based on his age and being a lefty. 

To anyone going through a difficult time right now  remember someone always has it worse.
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:22PM #5
YankeeLoon
Posts: 17,903
That's the thing about it. Nobody else would've given Arod in 2007 (and Kershaw now) even $200m. So WHY do they cave to the agents and give non compete contracts??? Business 101.

Maybe BATS has an opinion on this. He knows everything.
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:40PM #6
JoeGNJ
Posts: 15,926

Well cross LA off the Gamers list if thats a true offer. 

JoeGNJ - 2Timothy 4:7 - Acts 20:24
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 9:58PM #7
davis2
Posts: 13,499

Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:22PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

That's the thing about it. Nobody else would've given Arod in 2007 (and Kershaw now) even $200m. So WHY do they cave to the agents and give non compete contracts??? Business 101. Maybe BATS has an opinion on this. He knows everything.


I thought Jonah knew everything.

4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 10:13PM #8
Yankees
Posts: 6,352

Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:58PM, davis2 wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:22PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

That's the thing about it. Nobody else would've given Arod in 2007 (and Kershaw now) even $200m. So WHY do they cave to the agents and give non compete contracts??? Business 101. Maybe BATS has an opinion on this. He knows everything.


I thought Jonah knew everything.




Apparently you know everything too since you write other peoples opinions.

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 10:17PM #9
bomberhojoe
Posts: 13,245
There is no player in baseball that I would offer more than $150M.  I happen to think Kershaw is the best picher in MLB, btw.
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
4 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2013 - 10:20PM #10
davis2
Posts: 13,499

Oct 19, 2013 -- 10:13PM, Yankees wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:58PM, davis2 wrote:


Oct 19, 2013 -- 9:22PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

That's the thing about it. Nobody else would've given Arod in 2007 (and Kershaw now) even $200m. So WHY do they cave to the agents and give non compete contracts??? Business 101. Maybe BATS has an opinion on this. He knows everything.


I thought Jonah knew everything.




Apparently you know everything too since you write other peoples opinions.



Stalker... Go back to your beloed SOSH boards,and the Uehara love fest. It's getting close to midnight...

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Kershaw about to be offered $300M: source
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum