Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Rangers/Kings Stanley Cup Final
5 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2014 - 1:40PM #31
theBaron
Posts: 1,797

Jun 13, 2014 -- 1:15PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Jun 13, 2014 -- 12:26PM, prof. quiz wrote:


Jun 12, 2014 -- 9:12PM, theBaron wrote:


In game 4 ..i thought the Rangers played more agressive ..but when the Kings scored making it 2-1 ..the Rangers went into a defensive mode...that was all Kings in the 3rd ...LA really cranked it up , now the Rangers must come out furious & with a win in game 5 will put a dent in the Kings armour.




I couldn't tell if the Rangers went into defensive mode in the 3rd to keep the one goal lead safe or because the King's onslaught overpowered them. Lundqvist saved the day but the O better step it up and make Quick earn his coin.


The Rangers can do this! They play better on the road for some unknown reason. 8 more hours until game 5.


LGR!




Prof...the sog stats that the Kings have been putting up vs Rangers after being behind and as the series has progressed are unbearable to look at. Dunno how you think they can win 3 straight games vs a team who completly dominates the Rangers in every category. Simply put, the Kings are wearing the Rangers down. I'll repeatbwhat i said in a prev post, theres no worse place to be in sports when the Cups in the bldg and you need 4 games to win it. Now its 3, but its still a bad bad place to be. I respect your ray of hope but.......its bleak. 




the Kings onslaught IMO ...overpowered them...the Rangers are fast & small for the most part.. but watching that game 4...the Kings gave the Rangers more than they could handle ...in the end i believe the Kings will win the Cup...Sather needs to find a couple of big men ...listen i want the Rangers to win ..but to take 3 straight is tough..

"it's when the Yankees score eight runs in the first inning .....and then slowly pull away"
Yankees owner Jacob Ruppert , on a perfect afternoon at Yankee Stadium.
5 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2014 - 5:02PM #32
JoeGNJ
Posts: 15,926

Jun 13, 2014 -- 1:40PM, theBaron wrote:


Jun 13, 2014 -- 1:15PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Jun 13, 2014 -- 12:26PM, prof. quiz wrote:


Jun 12, 2014 -- 9:12PM, theBaron wrote:


In game 4 ..i thought the Rangers played more agressive ..but when the Kings scored making it 2-1 ..the Rangers went into a defensive mode...that was all Kings in the 3rd ...LA really cranked it up , now the Rangers must come out furious & with a win in game 5 will put a dent in the Kings armour.




I couldn't tell if the Rangers went into defensive mode in the 3rd to keep the one goal lead safe or because the King's onslaught overpowered them. Lundqvist saved the day but the O better step it up and make Quick earn his coin.


The Rangers can do this! They play better on the road for some unknown reason. 8 more hours until game 5.


LGR!




Prof...the sog stats that the Kings have been putting up vs Rangers after being behind and as the series has progressed are unbearable to look at. Dunno how you think they can win 3 straight games vs a team who completly dominates the Rangers in every category. Simply put, the Kings are wearing the Rangers down. I'll repeatbwhat i said in a prev post, theres no worse place to be in sports when the Cups in the bldg and you need 4 games to win it. Now its 3, but its still a bad bad place to be. I respect your ray of hope but.......its bleak. 




the Kings onslaught IMO ...overpowered them...the Rangers are fast & small for the most part.. but watching that game 4...the Kings gave the Rangers more than they could handle ...in the end i believe the Kings will win the Cup...Sather needs to find a couple of big men ...listen i want the Rangers to win ..but to take 3 straight is tough..




Its near impossible Baron....the Stanley Cup playoffs IMO may be the only sport where in the end, the cream rises to the top. The Kings, man to man, have golden blades. Rangers....in over their heads right now. The games becoming Europeanized....they need more than just a few big guys....they had teams like that...when the Devils last played them in the playoffs, the rangers had soem big guys....you know the outcome. 

JoeGNJ - 2Timothy 4:7 - Acts 20:24
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2014 - 2:12AM #33
laurenfrances
Posts: 35,897

Sadly Rangers loss. Opportunities to play for the cup doesn't happen too often. Rangers worked so hard to get to this point. They come so close yet so far. With hockey season over, Yankees are my only focus until football season begins. With that said. ..Go Yankees!

5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2014 - 11:04AM #34
prof. quiz
Posts: 7,465

Q: What's the difference between rooting for the Jets and Rangers?


A: Nothing. Not a freakin' thing. They each have only one championship in my lifetime. No matter who coaches or how large their payrolls are rooting for these perpetual losers is a lesson in futility. Year after year after year the post-game shows are fraught with lame excuses and laden with lowlights. Almost, shoulda, coulda and woulda.


We don't even have a championship Yankee squad to bail us out this season or for the next few years from what I see. At least they have stepped up to the plate and won 7 in my lifetime.



5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2014 - 11:44AM #35
qwik3457
Posts: 11,870

Rangers got beat by a significantly superior team, one without a real weakness to exploit. Big and fast beats little and fast nearly every time, and it did again, and the Kings have a goalie every bit as good as Lundquist.


Rangers did very well to get this far, way way beyond what I thought they could do in October, or even in April. They had some luck along the way, and they took advantage of it to get to the Finals.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2014 - 3:30PM #36
JoeGNJ
Posts: 15,926

Jun 14, 2014 -- 11:04AM, prof. quiz wrote:


Q: What's the difference between rooting for the Jets and Rangers?


A: Nothing. Not a freakin' thing. They each have only one championship in my lifetime. No matter who coaches or how large their payrolls are rooting for these perpetual losers is a lesson in futility. Year after year after year the post-game shows are fraught with lame excuses and laden with lowlights. Almost, shoulda, coulda and woulda.


We don't even have a championship Yankee squad to bail us out this season or for the next few years from what I see. At least they have stepped up to the plate and won 7 in my lifetime.






I'm a Jets fan too Prof...and a Ranger fan until I switched to the Devs YEARS ago, as you know. They never won a cup while I was a Ranger fan. I cried in many a beer each spring they made the playoffs.  There IS no difference between rooting for the two. One HUGE and sad similarity is that in this region, in our lifetime they NEVER dominated the local scene. In football, its been the Giants....and it will be too, for the rest of our lifetime. Obviously, when it was the original 6, the Rangers were the only game in town. In the expansion era, certainly for about the last 35-40 years, the only area they dominated in this town is suckdom...The 94 Cup was a fluke...they sucked before and after that....The Isles, in their heyday were a NY metro area hockey dynasty....now, the Devs have been the class of this region for the last 25-30 years. Thanks be to God for the Yanks. 

JoeGNJ - 2Timothy 4:7 - Acts 20:24
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2014 - 3:31PM #37
laurenfrances
Posts: 35,897

Jun 14, 2014 -- 11:04AM, prof. quiz wrote:


Q: What's the difference between rooting for the Jets and Rangers?


A: Nothing. Not a freakin' thing. They each have only one championship in my lifetime. No matter who coaches or how large their payrolls are rooting for these perpetual losers is a lesson in futility. Year after year after year the post-game shows are fraught with lame excuses and laden with lowlights. Almost, shoulda, coulda and woulda.


We don't even have a championship Yankee squad to bail us out this season or for the next few years from what I see. At least they have stepped up to the plate and won 7 in my lifetime.






Talk about sad ..hope many championship have I seen rooting for Knicks and Rangers? At least Giants and Yankees deliver the goods on occasions.


Talk about frustrating, my hapless knicks are an embarassment year after year with no end in sight for improvements.


Although Rangers loss, they provided exhilarating games heading toward final round.  Knicks on the other hand just provide grief.



5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2014 - 3:35PM #38
JoeGNJ
Posts: 15,926

Jun 14, 2014 -- 11:44AM, qwik3457 wrote:


Rangers got beat by a significantly superior team, one without a real weakness to exploit. Big and fast beats little and fast nearly every time, and it did again, and the Kings have a goalie every bit as good as Lundquist.


Rangers did very well to get this far, way way beyond what I thought they could do in October, or even in April. They had some luck along the way, and they took advantage of it to get to the Finals.




Agreed Qwik...they did better than anyone,including themselves couldve thoought they would. I thought they were toast afdter going a rough 7 vs Philly. Only area I disagree with you on is the Rangers being fast. They are fast(ER) than they have been, especially on D.....the result is that the D now moves, instead of form the shell around Lundqvist, which is why his GA hasnt been as good as when they were slower. Ranger fans should hold their heads high. Very good season. 

JoeGNJ - 2Timothy 4:7 - Acts 20:24
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2014 - 8:03AM #39
theBaron
Posts: 1,797

Jun 13, 2014 -- 5:02PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Jun 13, 2014 -- 1:40PM, theBaron wrote:


Jun 13, 2014 -- 1:15PM, JoeGNJ wrote:


Jun 13, 2014 -- 12:26PM, prof. quiz wrote:


Jun 12, 2014 -- 9:12PM, theBaron wrote:


In game 4 ..i thought the Rangers played more agressive ..but when the Kings scored making it 2-1 ..the Rangers went into a defensive mode...that was all Kings in the 3rd ...LA really cranked it up , now the Rangers must come out furious & with a win in game 5 will put a dent in the Kings armour.




I couldn't tell if the Rangers went into defensive mode in the 3rd to keep the one goal lead safe or because the King's onslaught overpowered them. Lundqvist saved the day but the O better step it up and make Quick earn his coin.


The Rangers can do this! They play better on the road for some unknown reason. 8 more hours until game 5.


LGR!




Prof...the sog stats that the Kings have been putting up vs Rangers after being behind and as the series has progressed are unbearable to look at. Dunno how you think they can win 3 straight games vs a team who completly dominates the Rangers in every category. Simply put, the Kings are wearing the Rangers down. I'll repeatbwhat i said in a prev post, theres no worse place to be in sports when the Cups in the bldg and you need 4 games to win it. Now its 3, but its still a bad bad place to be. I respect your ray of hope but.......its bleak. 




the Kings onslaught IMO ...overpowered them...the Rangers are fast & small for the most part.. but watching that game 4...the Kings gave the Rangers more than they could handle ...in the end i believe the Kings will win the Cup...Sather needs to find a couple of big men ...listen i want the Rangers to win ..but to take 3 straight is tough..




Its near impossible Baron....the Stanley Cup playoffs IMO may be the only sport where in the end, the cream rises to the top. The Kings, man to man, have golden blades. Rangers....in over their heads right now. The games becoming Europeanized....they need more than just a few big guys....they had teams like that...when the Devils last played them in the playoffs, the rangers had soem big guys....you know the outcome. 




no question Joe ..the Rangers put up a great battle ..the Kings was just the better team ...Sather will have some tough decisions ..i see great things for the Broadway blues..next season ...

"it's when the Yankees score eight runs in the first inning .....and then slowly pull away"
Yankees owner Jacob Ruppert , on a perfect afternoon at Yankee Stadium.
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum