Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
The $240 Million Dollar Man
4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 3:44PM #11
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 75,687

Sep 12, 2015 -- 3:43PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

I'd be happy if they never sign another deal over 3 years. The insanity of this mediocrity must stop.




Going to be hard to get the better players that way loon.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 3:46PM #12
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 16,207

Sep 12, 2015 -- 3:43PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

I'd be happy if they never sign another deal over 3 years. The insanity of this mediocrity must stop.



I agree Loon but you have to be wise with it.  Remember when the Red Sox said they would give out no contracts over 4 years and the agents laughed it off.  That didn't even last a year.  With 30 teams someone will pay.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 3:49PM #13
Lola
Posts: 23,264
Thank goodness the Yanks didn't sign him... they never had any intention of taking on another albatross contract.... thanks to the $300 million dollar man. Nice to see this horse get beaten again though.... thanks Joey. Maybe Drew gets off the hot seat today.
4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 4:27PM #14
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Sep 12, 2015 -- 3:43PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

I'd be happy if they never sign another deal over 3 years. The insanity of this mediocrity must stop.



Wow, very profound statement. I'm impressed. 

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 4:30PM #15
Lola
Posts: 23,264

Sep 12, 2015 -- 4:27PM, BigGuy wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 3:43PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

I'd be happy if they never sign another deal over 3 years. The insanity of this mediocrity must stop.



Wow, very profound statement. I'm impressed. 




Unfortunately 3 years and 3 million ain't going to get much... you'll be begging for mediocrity.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 4:31PM #16
Joeybagadonutz
Posts: 10,102

Sep 12, 2015 -- 3:49PM, Lola wrote:

Thank goodness the Yanks didn't sign him... they never had any intention of taking on another albatross contract.... thanks to the $300 million dollar man. Nice to see this horse get beaten again though.... thanks Joey. Maybe Drew gets off the hot seat today.



The $300 Million man has been pretty damn good, better than I ever expected. Drew as usual has done little to nothing again today. He'll be back under .200 in no time. 

 photo Signature small_zpsipxz034e.jpg
4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 4:32PM #17
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Sep 12, 2015 -- 4:31PM, Joeybagadonutz wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 3:49PM, Lola wrote:

Thank goodness the Yanks didn't sign him... they never had any intention of taking on another albatross contract.... thanks to the $300 million dollar man. Nice to see this horse get beaten again though.... thanks Joey. Maybe Drew gets off the hot seat today.



The $300 Million man has been pretty damn good, better than I ever expected. Drew as usual has done little to nothing again today. He'll be back under .200 in no time. 




Could be today if he plays that 2nd game. 

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 4:32PM #18
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 16,207

Sep 12, 2015 -- 4:30PM, Lola wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 4:27PM, BigGuy wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 3:43PM, YankeeLoon wrote:

I'd be happy if they never sign another deal over 3 years. The insanity of this mediocrity must stop.



Wow, very profound statement. I'm impressed. 




Unfortunately 3 years and 3 million ain't going to get much... you'll be begging for mediocrity.




The Pirates got Kang for $11/4.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 5:31PM #19
El Guapo
Posts: 1,063

Sep 12, 2015 -- 2:54PM, Joeybagadonutz wrote:

I was just having a look at Cano's season for the first time in a while. What does $240 Million get you? 

.277 AVG (would be 2nd worst of his career if the season ended today)
.324 OBP (would be worst since his rookie year)
.423 SLG (would be worst of his career)
.747 OPS (would be 2nd worst of his career)
95 K's (next strikeout will be a career high)
62 RBI (ties his career worst for now but will improve a bit)

You get all this with above average defense. Right now he's a 2.4 WAR, his 3rd worst through his career. Doesn't that work out well 2.4 WAR and $240 Million. Those are a few of the most expensive wins in baseball!

Cashman takes alot of grief but not signing this guy was the best non sign ever. As much as I can't stand Drew, I would really hate Cano for that kind of money. I just hope that they can find a better solution at 2B for next season.  



Joey, the Yankees got the best Cano had to offer.  I never liked the way he dogged it to first base all the time, but he was a good glove and bat while in New York.  I never like the idea of signing anybody to these multi-year, big bucks contracts when they hit their 30's.  This is a young man's game, and this is just another example of that.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 5:46PM #20
nystripes2
Posts: 6,287
you're assuming Cano wouldn't be destroying YS, like he did his whole career here too... Yes not signing him to 10 years was smart though
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum