Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 18  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Next
This team has overachieved ...
4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 7:44PM #41
bruner4329
Posts: 3,648

Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:33PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Davis,


You do have to remember one thing, if we had made moves at the trade deadline it would have cost us some of our players ... we didn't want them to give away the farm.




We didn't have to trade Severino, Bird, Mateo or Judge. Agree. But everyone else to me was tradeable. Even a guy like Sanchez who will never make it here as a player because McCann and Murphy are ahead of him. Who else was untradeable? Heatcothe, Williams, Pitchers? come on none of these guys are that valuable. You can't tell me our bullpen would not be better without a Clippard or reed the Mets got. Rather see them then Mitchell, Shreve, Cotham and rumbelow consistently throw games away.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 7:45PM #42
laurenfrances
Posts: 36,749

Here's what annoys me.  When Yankees make trades to improve their club, most teams and their fan base say..Yankees are trying to buy their championship.  Yet when Jays do the same in regards to pulling several trades spending $$$, nothing like that is said.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 7:45PM #43
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 77,605

Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:44PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:33PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Davis,


You do have to remember one thing, if we had made moves at the trade deadline it would have cost us some of our players ... we didn't want them to give away the farm.




We didn't have to trade Severino, Bird, Mateo or Judge. Agree. But everyone else to me was tradeable. Even a guy like Sanchez who will never make it here as a player because McCann and Murphy are ahead of him. Who else was untradeable? Heatcothe, Williams, Pitchers? come on none of these guys are that valuable. You can't tell me our bullpen would not be better without a Clippard or reed the Mets got. Rather see them then Mitchell, Shreve, Cotham and rumbelow consistently throw games away.




But Cashman did say that in every phone call he made Severino and Bird were brought up.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 7:46PM #44
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 77,605

Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:45PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Here's what annoys me.  When Yankees make trades to improve their club, most teams and their fan base say..Yankees are trying to buy their championship.  Yet when Jays do the same in regards to pulling several trades spending $$$, nothing like that is said.




You hit that nail right on the head lauren.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 7:47PM #45
davis2
Posts: 17,437

Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:43PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:41PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:30PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:29PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:27PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:13PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:11PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:08PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:07PM, davis2 wrote:


Our FO should have provided som reinforcements at the deadline. If they had, we couldn't complain. When the FO gives up, why expect us to be all rainbows and unicorns? They quit on us, not the other way around.




I never said you can't complain ... complain all you want ... I complain myself ... just trying to say that if we don't make it this year, we still had a fun season of baseball to watch, and in the beginning of the season we didn't even expect that.



Just one big tease. If we got help at the deadline, maybe we hold the BJs off.




There's no help coming at the deadline ... Eovaldi and Tex are down for the season ... this team will either win it or lose it ... but in the end we had a great time watching a team in contention all season long ... with the team the Yankees had this season, we didn't expect more than that at the beginning of the season ... many people didn't even expect that.



When they were playing well, the FO should have provided help. They have the resources, just no will...   They should be ashamed. I don't blame the players...   Except Drew. He should have retired. He's done.




I understand your wanting the front office to do more ... that's a given ... if they would put more money into the team, the team would have a better chance ... but Hank and Hal are unwilling.



Then I am not willing to spend my money in support until they are.




That's your right as a fan ... if you don't think they are spending enough to put a better team on the field, you don't have to spend your money on games ... that has nothing to do with continuing to be a fan of the greatest franchise in all of sports.



I don't know where you got the idea that I wasn't going to be a Yankee fan...
I have a right to be disgusted with useless management of my baseball team, the greatest franchise in ALL of sports. These scumbags are allowing us to get beat like drums. They have embarrassed me, and all Yankee fans, we all should be screaming at them!!!  Yeah, I'm pizzed off!




To change anything at the trade deadline they would have had to give pieces of our farm away ... and everyone was asking for Bird or Severino ... two pieces we didn't want them to give away ... the main question is what they did in the off-season before the 2015 season ... we didn't go into the season with an incredible team ... so you can't expect anything more than what you have received as a fan with this current team ... they played beyond what they were even capable of.



They could have gotten something better than Ackley without giving up a whole lot. Who knows, maybe they give up a couple pieces for equal value...

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 7:48PM #46
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 77,605

Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:47PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:43PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:41PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:30PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:29PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:27PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:13PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:11PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:08PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:07PM, davis2 wrote:


Our FO should have provided som reinforcements at the deadline. If they had, we couldn't complain. When the FO gives up, why expect us to be all rainbows and unicorns? They quit on us, not the other way around.




I never said you can't complain ... complain all you want ... I complain myself ... just trying to say that if we don't make it this year, we still had a fun season of baseball to watch, and in the beginning of the season we didn't even expect that.



Just one big tease. If we got help at the deadline, maybe we hold the BJs off.




There's no help coming at the deadline ... Eovaldi and Tex are down for the season ... this team will either win it or lose it ... but in the end we had a great time watching a team in contention all season long ... with the team the Yankees had this season, we didn't expect more than that at the beginning of the season ... many people didn't even expect that.



When they were playing well, the FO should have provided help. They have the resources, just no will...   They should be ashamed. I don't blame the players...   Except Drew. He should have retired. He's done.




I understand your wanting the front office to do more ... that's a given ... if they would put more money into the team, the team would have a better chance ... but Hank and Hal are unwilling.



Then I am not willing to spend my money in support until they are.




That's your right as a fan ... if you don't think they are spending enough to put a better team on the field, you don't have to spend your money on games ... that has nothing to do with continuing to be a fan of the greatest franchise in all of sports.



I don't know where you got the idea that I wasn't going to be a Yankee fan...
I have a right to be disgusted with useless management of my baseball team, the greatest franchise in ALL of sports. These scumbags are allowing us to get beat like drums. They have embarrassed me, and all Yankee fans, we all should be screaming at them!!!  Yeah, I'm pizzed off!




To change anything at the trade deadline they would have had to give pieces of our farm away ... and everyone was asking for Bird or Severino ... two pieces we didn't want them to give away ... the main question is what they did in the off-season before the 2015 season ... we didn't go into the season with an incredible team ... so you can't expect anything more than what you have received as a fan with this current team ... they played beyond what they were even capable of.



They could have gotten something better than Ackley without giving up a whole lot. Who knows, maybe they give up a couple pieces for equal value...




But that's not what Cashman said after the trade deadline ... he said every phone call he made they wanted Bird or Severino ... it's what they always do to us Davis ... they always want more from us than from anyone else.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 8:00PM #47
bruner4329
Posts: 3,648

Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:48PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:47PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:43PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:41PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:30PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:29PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:27PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:26PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:13PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:11PM, davis2 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:08PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:07PM, davis2 wrote:


Our FO should have provided som reinforcements at the deadline. If they had, we couldn't complain. When the FO gives up, why expect us to be all rainbows and unicorns? They quit on us, not the other way around.




I never said you can't complain ... complain all you want ... I complain myself ... just trying to say that if we don't make it this year, we still had a fun season of baseball to watch, and in the beginning of the season we didn't even expect that.



Just one big tease. If we got help at the deadline, maybe we hold the BJs off.




There's no help coming at the deadline ... Eovaldi and Tex are down for the season ... this team will either win it or lose it ... but in the end we had a great time watching a team in contention all season long ... with the team the Yankees had this season, we didn't expect more than that at the beginning of the season ... many people didn't even expect that.



When they were playing well, the FO should have provided help. They have the resources, just no will...   They should be ashamed. I don't blame the players...   Except Drew. He should have retired. He's done.




I understand your wanting the front office to do more ... that's a given ... if they would put more money into the team, the team would have a better chance ... but Hank and Hal are unwilling.



Then I am not willing to spend my money in support until they are.




That's your right as a fan ... if you don't think they are spending enough to put a better team on the field, you don't have to spend your money on games ... that has nothing to do with continuing to be a fan of the greatest franchise in all of sports.



I don't know where you got the idea that I wasn't going to be a Yankee fan...
I have a right to be disgusted with useless management of my baseball team, the greatest franchise in ALL of sports. These scumbags are allowing us to get beat like drums. They have embarrassed me, and all Yankee fans, we all should be screaming at them!!!  Yeah, I'm pizzed off!




To change anything at the trade deadline they would have had to give pieces of our farm away ... and everyone was asking for Bird or Severino ... two pieces we didn't want them to give away ... the main question is what they did in the off-season before the 2015 season ... we didn't go into the season with an incredible team ... so you can't expect anything more than what you have received as a fan with this current team ... they played beyond what they were even capable of.



They could have gotten something better than Ackley without giving up a whole lot. Who knows, maybe they give up a couple pieces for equal value...




But that's not what Cashman said after the trade deadline ... he said every phone call he made they wanted Bird or Severino ... it's what they always do to us Davis ... they always want more from us than from anyone else.




Maybe for a Price or Hammels but not for a Clippard or Reed. Cashman is full of it. The proof is look at what these guys got traded for. No where near Severino or Bird talent.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 8:00PM #48
jmirinhiding
Posts: 18

Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:45PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:44PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:33PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Davis,


You do have to remember one thing, if we had made moves at the trade deadline it would have cost us some of our players ... we didn't want them to give away the farm.




We didn't have to trade Severino, Bird, Mateo or Judge. Agree. But everyone else to me was tradeable. Even a guy like Sanchez who will never make it here as a player because McCann and Murphy are ahead of him. Who else was untradeable? Heatcothe, Williams, Pitchers? come on none of these guys are that valuable. You can't tell me our bullpen would not be better without a Clippard or reed the Mets got. Rather see them then Mitchell, Shreve, Cotham and rumbelow consistently throw games away.




But Cashman did say that in every phone call he made Severino and Bird were brought up.





You are such a PATSY. 

It's sad that your overbearing brand of expecting so little is allowed to run unchecked around here. 


Hal is a disgrace. 

You're out of your mind if you believe there were no trades to be made that didn't involve those guys or Judge.

They got brought up in every phone call? That's nice. The answer is, "no. Now here's what's available for parts you don't need through the end of the year."

A real GM backed by an owner who actually gave a flying fig would have managed to improve this team.

It's disgusting that you accept the way the front office quit on the team.

Thankfully, people who might buy tickets have noticed. The fans are currently sending Hal a message loud and clear that they know exactly how fraudulent his pretend contending has been this year.  


4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 8:05PM #49
jmirinhiding
Posts: 18


But that's not what Cashman said after the trade deadline ... he said every phone call he made they wanted Bird or Severino ... it's what they always do to us Davis ... they always want more from us than from anyone else.





And why would you believe every word out of Cashman's mouth? 


It's not like he was going to say, "there were trades available but Hal didn't want to take on any additional payroll because he doesn't think this team is worth it." 

I'd love to have you as a fan if I were an owner, I'll say that. You'll believe anything.  


4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 8:24PM #50
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 77,605

Sep 12, 2015 -- 8:00PM, jmirinhiding wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:45PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:44PM, bruner4329 wrote:


Sep 12, 2015 -- 7:33PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Davis,


You do have to remember one thing, if we had made moves at the trade deadline it would have cost us some of our players ... we didn't want them to give away the farm.




We didn't have to trade Severino, Bird, Mateo or Judge. Agree. But everyone else to me was tradeable. Even a guy like Sanchez who will never make it here as a player because McCann and Murphy are ahead of him. Who else was untradeable? Heatcothe, Williams, Pitchers? come on none of these guys are that valuable. You can't tell me our bullpen would not be better without a Clippard or reed the Mets got. Rather see them then Mitchell, Shreve, Cotham and rumbelow consistently throw games away.




But Cashman did say that in every phone call he made Severino and Bird were brought up.





You are such a PATSY. 

It's sad that your overbearing brand of expecting so little is allowed to run unchecked around here. 


Hal is a disgrace. 

You're out of your mind if you believe there were no trades to be made that didn't involve those guys or Judge.

They got brought up in every phone call? That's nice. The answer is, "no. Now here's what's available for parts you don't need through the end of the year."

A real GM backed by an owner who actually gave a flying fig would have managed to improve this team.

It's disgusting that you accept the way the front office quit on the team.

Thankfully, people who might buy tickets have noticed. The fans are currently sending Hal a message loud and clear that they know exactly how fraudulent his pretend contending has been this year.  





I won't give you a further response, because I don't speak to nasty people.

Page 5 of 18  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum