Network Forums Yankees I am not about to give this Yankee Team a Pass....
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 11  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
I am not about to give this Yankee Team a Pass. Where is the Pride?
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:17PM #31
qwik3457
Posts: 11,827

Sep 13, 2015 -- 10:46AM, NYY32311 wrote:


More appropriate question - where is the talent?


They are getting their a**es handed to them by a team with talent.




Wait a minute.


The last two years this team won 84 and 85 games.


We fans have said we wanted them to rebuild with youth.


Well, when you do that, other teams will take over, and be more talented, for a period of years.


What do you think Blue Jays' fans have been saying for the last 10 years or so?

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:21PM #32
TonyG4
Posts: 2,892

Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:56AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:


I said this before, and I will say it again, at this time in the season when you are fighting for 1st place and a playoff spot and you are in the middle of Sept. you play every game  to win like its game 7 in a playoff series. You don't rest your set up man, and your closer in the 8th and 9th inning when you are up a run, and bring in rookie unknowns with on the job training just because you want to rest your best. That's BS talking points, play the game the way it was meant to be played, play to win the game you are playing now, who the hell knows what's going to happen tomorrow. 1 inning at a time, one game at a time worry about now. You are playing the Oriels and in the first inning Buck bunts back to back to set up guys in scoring position and play some small ball, and he produces 3 runs.

Later on in the game in the early innings its still 3 zip, and we have men on 1st and second, no one out with the number 9 batter coming up, a call up from the minors and you let him swing away instead of moving the runners over to scoring positions and putting runners on 2nd and 3rd with the top of the order coming up? Then in another game we have Drew not knowing how to handle a throw from 3rd base to turn over the double play because he doesn't know how to position is glove and feet on a throw like that. And in a game against Toronto we have no out with the two fastest runners on the Yankees on 1st and second, and there is a wild pitch and Ellsbury goes to 3rd and Gardner stands there on first base with his finger up his A$$ and doesn't move to second and in scoring position in the bottom of the 8th inning when we are down by only 1 run. Next batter McCann gets a base hit and Ellsbury scores and Garnder can only go to 3rd base when he could have scored the go ahead run if he went to second on that wild pitch. And we would have won that game, when Miller retired the sides in the 9th. How many big games has this team lost by making these type of dumb and stupid mistakes.

And I didn't expect them to give away our top prospect at the trade deadline, I expected them to put their money back on the field of play with the free agent available pitchers and players. Baseball is big business today, and that is why George was the best, and got the best when they were available, because he was a great business man, and made his money back by putting his money back on the field of play.

Like I said, I am not about to give this team a pass. Tell it like it is. I don't want to hear these BS Talking points.  



Two points ...


First point is that you are angry that they didn't spend more money in the beginning of the season to put a better product on the field ... on that I agree.


Second point ... we are dealing with what they did put on the field ... and that team over-achieved to the point where they were 7 games up in July ... that's why we are all so upset right now ... because that team that over-achieved is now coming down to earth.


Basically, your anger is well placed ... it's the management that didn't put a better product on the field in the first place ... and that's not the Yankee way.




Yes Mo, I am angry and frustrated and you are reading me well. I do blame the owners, and you may be right about this team overachieving. I am sure you know I am in no way giving up on my Yankees, I have been a die hard Yankee fan for too long to do that, but when I say I am not going to give this team a pass, I am referring to the Major League Baseball Players making millions of dollars, that are making these dumb mental and baseball mistakes and that includes the Mgr. And I have pointed out only a few of these for this season, but there have been many more.

If I have to take the abuse of these Mut Fans, then this Yankee Team will have to take my abuse of what I see going on, in the field of play. Yes it's frustration and anger, but I will go on record and say, I have not given up on the Yankees and never will, I stand with you when you say the season is not over yet, and there is still time. But it doesn't look good. I only hope and pray your Yankees can take it to the Muts in up and coming Sub Way Series at Citi Field. 



Willie, Mickey and the Duke, Now That Was Baseball in NY.

THE ORIGINAL SIX IN THE NHL, OLD TIME HOCKEY,

THE WAY THE GAME WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED:

LETS GO RANGERS. LETS GO YANKEES
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:24PM #33
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 75,687

Sep 13, 2015 -- 12:21PM, TonyG4 wrote:


Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:56AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:


I said this before, and I will say it again, at this time in the season when you are fighting for 1st place and a playoff spot and you are in the middle of Sept. you play every game  to win like its game 7 in a playoff series. You don't rest your set up man, and your closer in the 8th and 9th inning when you are up a run, and bring in rookie unknowns with on the job training just because you want to rest your best. That's BS talking points, play the game the way it was meant to be played, play to win the game you are playing now, who the hell knows what's going to happen tomorrow. 1 inning at a time, one game at a time worry about now. You are playing the Oriels and in the first inning Buck bunts back to back to set up guys in scoring position and play some small ball, and he produces 3 runs.

Later on in the game in the early innings its still 3 zip, and we have men on 1st and second, no one out with the number 9 batter coming up, a call up from the minors and you let him swing away instead of moving the runners over to scoring positions and putting runners on 2nd and 3rd with the top of the order coming up? Then in another game we have Drew not knowing how to handle a throw from 3rd base to turn over the double play because he doesn't know how to position is glove and feet on a throw like that. And in a game against Toronto we have no out with the two fastest runners on the Yankees on 1st and second, and there is a wild pitch and Ellsbury goes to 3rd and Gardner stands there on first base with his finger up his A$$ and doesn't move to second and in scoring position in the bottom of the 8th inning when we are down by only 1 run. Next batter McCann gets a base hit and Ellsbury scores and Garnder can only go to 3rd base when he could have scored the go ahead run if he went to second on that wild pitch. And we would have won that game, when Miller retired the sides in the 9th. How many big games has this team lost by making these type of dumb and stupid mistakes.

And I didn't expect them to give away our top prospect at the trade deadline, I expected them to put their money back on the field of play with the free agent available pitchers and players. Baseball is big business today, and that is why George was the best, and got the best when they were available, because he was a great business man, and made his money back by putting his money back on the field of play.

Like I said, I am not about to give this team a pass. Tell it like it is. I don't want to hear these BS Talking points.  



Two points ...


First point is that you are angry that they didn't spend more money in the beginning of the season to put a better product on the field ... on that I agree.


Second point ... we are dealing with what they did put on the field ... and that team over-achieved to the point where they were 7 games up in July ... that's why we are all so upset right now ... because that team that over-achieved is now coming down to earth.


Basically, your anger is well placed ... it's the management that didn't put a better product on the field in the first place ... and that's not the Yankee way.




Yes Mo, I am angry and frustrated and you are reading me well. I do blame the owners, and you may be right about this team overachieving. I am sure you know I am in no way giving up on my Yankees, I have been a die hard Yankee fan for too long to do that, but when I say I am not going to give this team a pass, I am referring to the Major League Baseball Players making millions of dollars, that are making these dumb mental and baseball mistakes and that includes the Mgr. And I have pointed out only a few of these for this season, but there have been many more.

If I have to take the abuse of these Mut Fans, then this Yankee Team will have to take my abuse of what I see going on, in the field of play. Yes it's frustration and anger, but I will go on record and say, I have not given up on the Yankees and never will, I stand with you when you say the season is not over yet, and there is still time. But it doesn't look good. I only hope and pray your Yankees can take it to the Muts in up and coming Sub Way Series at Citi Field. 






I totally understand where you are coming from ... and I'm praying for that Muts series also ... this team, even if they lose today, need to regroup and flip the coin back to July ... maybe they can do it ... maybe they can't ... will be rooting the entire time that they can.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:26PM #34
qwik3457
Posts: 11,827

Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:


 You are playing the Oriels and in the first inning Buck bunts back to back to set up guys in scoring position and play some small ball, and he produces 3 runs.





This didn't happen in the first inning of any of the 3 games the Yanks played with the O's. The O's already had 2 runs in on a HR before they bunted in that 2nd inning. 



Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:


Later on in the game in the early innings its still 3 zip, and we have men on 1st and second, no one out with the number 9 batter coming up, a call up from the minors and you let him swing away instead of moving the runners over to scoring positions and putting runners on 2nd and 3rd with the top of the order coming up?





Pirela was 5 for 6 lifetime vs. Chen when that AB happened, and he had already singled off him his first time up that game. I thought they might bunt there, but that's not really a big deal. The Yanks wound up winning that game 8-6.
 

Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:



And I didn't expect them to give away our top prospect at the trade deadline, I expected them to put their money back on the field of play with the free agent available pitchers and players. Baseball is big business today, and that is why George was the best, and got the best when they were available, because he was a great business man, and made his money back by putting his money back on the field of play.

Like I said, I am not about to give this team a pass. Tell it like it is. I don't want to hear these BS Talking points.  



The lack of big free agents is Hal's decision. He's going to get under the luxury tax. It has little to do with who the GM is, and nothing to do with who the manager is.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:26PM #35
YANKSALWAYS
Posts: 902

Sep 13, 2015 -- 9:45AM, Max wrote:


The Yankees seem beaten down. Time for a pep talk. Girardi should play this clip in the Yankees Clubhouse before today's game. 









Girardi doesn't know how to pep a team up.  He's clueless and has has been proving it.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:28PM #36
qwik3457
Posts: 11,827

Before this losing streak, they had won 8 of 10.


Didn't seem lifeless then.


Even if you discount the Braves series, they had still won 5 of 7.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:28PM #37
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 75,687

Sep 13, 2015 -- 12:26PM, qwik3457 wrote:


Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:


 You are playing the Oriels and in the first inning Buck bunts back to back to set up guys in scoring position and play some small ball, and he produces 3 runs.





This didn't happen in the first inning of any of the 3 games the Yanks played with the O's. The O's already had 2 runs in on a HR before they bunted in that 2nd inning. 



Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:


Later on in the game in the early innings its still 3 zip, and we have men on 1st and second, no one out with the number 9 batter coming up, a call up from the minors and you let him swing away instead of moving the runners over to scoring positions and putting runners on 2nd and 3rd with the top of the order coming up?





Pirela was 5 for 6 lifetime vs. Chen when that AB happened, and he had already singled off him his first time up that game. I thought they might bunt there, but that's not really a big deal. The Yanks wound up winning that game 8-6.
 

Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:



And I didn't expect them to give away our top prospect at the trade deadline, I expected them to put their money back on the field of play with the free agent available pitchers and players. Baseball is big business today, and that is why George was the best, and got the best when they were available, because he was a great business man, and made his money back by putting his money back on the field of play.

Like I said, I am not about to give this team a pass. Tell it like it is. I don't want to hear these BS Talking points.  



The lack of big free agents is Hal's decision. He's going to get under the luxury tax. It has little to do with who the GM is, and nothing to do with who the manager is.




Indeed, in the long run this is all on Hank and Hal ... they don't want to spend the money ... pretty much the beginning and end of the story.

4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:35PM #38
Joeybagadonutz
Posts: 10,102

At the beginning of the season if you told me that the Yankees would have a 7 game lead at the end of July I probably would have laughed. What we are seeing now is much more in line with my excpectations going into the season.

 photo Signature small_zpsipxz034e.jpg
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:37PM #39
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Sep 13, 2015 -- 12:28PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Sep 13, 2015 -- 12:26PM, qwik3457 wrote:


Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:


 You are playing the Oriels and in the first inning Buck bunts back to back to set up guys in scoring position and play some small ball, and he produces 3 runs.





This didn't happen in the first inning of any of the 3 games the Yanks played with the O's. The O's already had 2 runs in on a HR before they bunted in that 2nd inning. 



Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:


Later on in the game in the early innings its still 3 zip, and we have men on 1st and second, no one out with the number 9 batter coming up, a call up from the minors and you let him swing away instead of moving the runners over to scoring positions and putting runners on 2nd and 3rd with the top of the order coming up?





Pirela was 5 for 6 lifetime vs. Chen when that AB happened, and he had already singled off him his first time up that game. I thought they might bunt there, but that's not really a big deal. The Yanks wound up winning that game 8-6.
 

Sep 13, 2015 -- 11:53AM, TonyG4 wrote:



And I didn't expect them to give away our top prospect at the trade deadline, I expected them to put their money back on the field of play with the free agent available pitchers and players. Baseball is big business today, and that is why George was the best, and got the best when they were available, because he was a great business man, and made his money back by putting his money back on the field of play.

Like I said, I am not about to give this team a pass. Tell it like it is. I don't want to hear these BS Talking points.  



The lack of big free agents is Hal's decision. He's going to get under the luxury tax. It has little to do with who the GM is, and nothing to do with who the manager is.




Indeed, in the long run this is all on Hank and Hal ... they don't want to spend the money ... pretty much the beginning and end of the story.




More like Hal and Levine. I don't think Hank has had much of a say since the ARod contract. He hides out at the Tampa complex but that's about it. You never see him at any occasions in NY anymore. I do have a picture with him somewhere in front of his father's statue at the Tampa stadium. He was nice enough to stop and say hello to me and my 2 son in laws a couple years ago and take the pic. Unfortunately, its on my son in law's phone and he and my daughter just got divorced. I should have told her I wanted that as part of the divorce agreement. lol

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
4 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2015 - 12:38PM #40
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 75,687

Sep 13, 2015 -- 12:35PM, Joeybagadonutz wrote:


At the beginning of the season if you told me that the Yankees would have a 7 game lead at the end of July I probably would have laughed. What we are seeing now is much more in line with my excpectations going into the season.




Exactly, and why I wrote my thread over-achieving.

Page 4 of 11  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees I am not about to give this Yankee Team a Pass....
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum