Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Go Yanks
2 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 8:17PM #11
yank0428
Posts: 15,646

Mar 18, 2017 -- 5:23PM, newinn wrote:


Mar 18, 2017 -- 5:18PM, tito wrote:


Hey New..if we get some pitching from the starters I think we will contend for a WC. If not I agree..this is the most anticipated season for me in some time.




hey Tito! Yeah one way or the other I think it will be a fun season. I wish they had just a little more speed. Tht would make it even more fun to watch. Perhaps we'll get some exciting base running  out of Gardner and/or Ellsbury




Just getting Tex , Arod and McCann out of the lineup makes them that much better. The few times they did get on they usually just clogged the bases up.


 I want all these older players gone, whoever they can deal since they seem to have decent replacements close. Unfortunately Ellsbury will be here .


 Besides Torres this kid McKinney came over to in the Chapman trade. Small sample but sweet swing. He might move fast to. 


 The starters other then Tanaka will decide if they compete but still should be fun.

2 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 8:40PM #12
newinn
Posts: 31,396

Mar 18, 2017 -- 8:17PM, yank0428 wrote:


Mar 18, 2017 -- 5:23PM, newinn wrote:


Mar 18, 2017 -- 5:18PM, tito wrote:


Hey New..if we get some pitching from the starters I think we will contend for a WC. If not I agree..this is the most anticipated season for me in some time.




hey Tito! Yeah one way or the other I think it will be a fun season. I wish they had just a little more speed. Tht would make it even more fun to watch. Perhaps we'll get some exciting base running  out of Gardner and/or Ellsbury




Just getting Tex , Arod and McCann out of the lineup makes them that much better. The few times they did get on they usually just clogged the bases up.


 I want all these older players gone, whoever they can deal since they seem to have decent replacements close. Unfortunately Ellsbury will be here .


 Besides Torres this kid McKinney came over to in the Chapman trade. Small sample but sweet swing. He might move fast to. 


 The starters other then Tanaka will decide if they compete but still should be fun.




I haven't seen this McKinny kid. Is he righty or lefty Yank? I do think the power in this lineup is just a little righthanded but the righties like Sanchez and Holliday do have opposite field power.As I said before, I'm really excited about this season. To me it has the feel of '95/96. I don't have faith in CC and who knows with Pineda and although I shouldn't I still worry about Tanaka's elbow.

2 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 10:34PM #13
laurenfrances
Posts: 30,820

I just hope Yankees give Bird and Judge every opportunity to succeed.  Let Bird play everyday. This business of making considerations for Carter should be in the back burner if Bird needs a game off on occasions. Judge and Bird is not going to improve if they don't have consistency to get in as many games as possible. Hicks will get his turn playing in all oldfield positions.


I'm excited with the coming season.  Contenders or otherwise, it's fun to see Yankees developing players and to watch them grow in the seasons ahead.

Always proud to be a Yankee fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket
2 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 10:46PM #14
dougiebone
Posts: 303

Mar 18, 2017 -- 8:40PM, newinn wrote:


Mar 18, 2017 -- 8:17PM, yank0428 wrote:


Mar 18, 2017 -- 5:23PM, newinn wrote:


Mar 18, 2017 -- 5:18PM, tito wrote:


Hey New..if we get some pitching from the starters I think we will contend for a WC. If not I agree..this is the most anticipated season for me in some time.




hey Tito! Yeah one way or the other I think it will be a fun season. I wish they had just a little more speed. Tht would make it even more fun to watch. Perhaps we'll get some exciting base running  out of Gardner and/or Ellsbury




Just getting Tex , Arod and McCann out of the lineup makes them that much better. The few times they did get on they usually just clogged the bases up.


 I want all these older players gone, whoever they can deal since they seem to have decent replacements close. Unfortunately Ellsbury will be here .


 Besides Torres this kid McKinney came over to in the Chapman trade. Small sample but sweet swing. He might move fast to. 


 The starters other then Tanaka will decide if they compete but still should be fun.




I haven't seen this McKinny kid. Is he righty or lefty Yank? I do think the power in this lineup is just a little righthanded but the righties like Sanchez and Holliday do have opposite field power.As I said before, I'm really excited about this season. To me it has the feel of '95/96. I don't have faith in CC and who knows with Pineda and although I shouldn't I still worry about Tanaka's elbow.




McKinney is a rare left handed propsect in the farm system, which I figure might give him a necessary advantage to get the show quicker. Or perhaps to be used as eventual bait for ineviatable trade for pitching. Keep an eye on Rutherford as well, the team will need another big lefty hitter eventually and his progress over the next two years might go long way if we invest on a free agent lefty bat. We are definitely too right handed at the moment. Not that I really mind because I believe having so many righties will allow us to grow a well balanced approach of young hitters who will go to all fields. Something that has haunted me watching Shift era humilate certain high price bats in our lineup. Thankfully Bird does to seem to have the ability to hit the other way, already putting him far ahead of his narrow minded predecessor. 

2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2017 - 10:46AM #15
Max
Posts: 40,532

Mar 18, 2017 -- 9:06AM, newinn wrote:

Don't think they will be serious contenders but they should be a lot of fun to watch. I think this is the most I've looked forward to a season in the last 4 years. 




The second half of last season was fun to watch. Hopefully the Yankees can build on that. I know it is just spring training but who would have thought that the Yankees would pitch a combined no hitter. 

.
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2017 - 10:49AM #16
Max
Posts: 40,532

Mar 18, 2017 -- 4:50PM, newinn wrote:


Mar 18, 2017 -- 4:42PM, Yankees wrote:


They're better than they are last year.  I think they will will "surprise" us and contend for minimum a wild card spot.




I think they're more exciting than last year. I just don't think we can expect Sanchez to carry them like he did last year. If the kids really come on they just might surprise us and Pineda has to be better then he has been since he's been here. Just a lot of question marks but going into the season, nothing wrong being optimistic. Should be fun either way




No one should expect Sanchez to hit like he did last season. But Bird should help him out, Judge too if he can cut down on his K's. 

.
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2017 - 10:52AM #17
Max
Posts: 40,532

Mar 18, 2017 -- 10:34PM, laurenfrances wrote:


I just hope Yankees give Bird and Judge every opportunity to succeed.  Let Bird play everyday. This business of making considerations for Carter should be in the back burner if Bird needs a game off on occasions. Judge and Bird is not going to improve if they don't have consistency to get in as many games as possible. Hicks will get his turn playing in all oldfield positions.


I'm excited with the coming season.  Contenders or otherwise, it's fun to see Yankees developing players and to watch them grow in the seasons ahead.




I agree both Judge and Bird should play every day. 

.
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2017 - 11:41AM #18
BigGuy
Posts: 65,715

Mar 19, 2017 -- 10:52AM, Max wrote:


Mar 18, 2017 -- 10:34PM, laurenfrances wrote:


I just hope Yankees give Bird and Judge every opportunity to succeed.  Let Bird play everyday. This business of making considerations for Carter should be in the back burner if Bird needs a game off on occasions. Judge and Bird is not going to improve if they don't have consistency to get in as many games as possible. Hicks will get his turn playing in all oldfield positions.


I'm excited with the coming season.  Contenders or otherwise, it's fun to see Yankees developing players and to watch them grow in the seasons ahead.




I agree both Judge and Bird should play every day. 




Nobody cares what you think.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2017 - 11:46AM #19
Raymond757
Posts: 9,295
Lol. And I thought I miss you!
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2017 - 11:49AM #20
BigGuy
Posts: 65,715

Mar 19, 2017 -- 11:46AM, Raymond757 wrote:

Lol. And I thought I miss you!



You know deep down you did. lol

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum