Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Go Yanks
8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 9:06AM #1
newinn
Posts: 27,877
Don't think they will be serious contenders but they should be a lot of fun to watch. I think this is the most I've looked forward to a season in the last 4 years. 
8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 11:42AM #2
mic4life
Posts: 123

Best lineup in years. Last year between Tex and Arod the DH slot was practically non existant. I see some complaining about signing  Matt Holliday but he looks good in Pinstripes and can still out produce the aforementioned DHs. Chris Carter who struck out a lot playing everyday I see as striking out a lot more as a platoon player. I see him as another Tex or Arod. He'll run into one occasionally but not the player you want at the plate with the game on the line. His fielding seems more than adequate at first.  Bird is the real deal and perfect for Yankee Stadium though he don't need a short porch to hit it out a lot of his popups will get over that fence. I think it will be a lot better team on the field with the young guys ready to step in if there are any injuries. Time will tell.

8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 12:23PM #3
Raymond757
Posts: 8,183
When Tyler Austin is ready Carter is gone!
8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 12:52PM #4
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 67,158

Go Yankees ... looking forward to 2017!



8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 1:03PM #5
laurenfrances
Posts: 30,364

Dang it, today's home game is not televise due to perference to airing NYC soccer at Yankees Stadium...


Additionally, Tuesday's home game against Red Sox is also not televised for an unexplainable reason.  In it's place is the rebroadcast of NYC Soccer game...strange....  that game is being aired on Wednesday morning  at MLB network.

Always proud to be a Yankee fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket
8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 2:44PM #6
newinn
Posts: 27,877

Mar 18, 2017 -- 1:03PM, laurenfrances wrote:


Dang it, today's home game is not televise due to perference to airing NYC soccer at Yankees Stadium...


Additionally, Tuesday's home game against Red Sox is also not televised for an unexplainable reason.  In it's place is the rebroadcast of NYC Soccer game...strange....  that game is being aired on Wednesday morning  at MLB network.




pretty soon we the regular season starts and we'll get to see them almost everyday. I usually just miss the West Coast games but this year I'll be able to see them too.No more getting up at 5:30 every morning after the next 5/6 weeks

8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 4:42PM #7
Yankees
Posts: 6,289

They're better than they are last year.  I think they will will "surprise" us and contend for minimum a wild card spot.

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 4:50PM #8
newinn
Posts: 27,877

Mar 18, 2017 -- 4:42PM, Yankees wrote:


They're better than they are last year.  I think they will will "surprise" us and contend for minimum a wild card spot.




I think they're more exciting than last year. I just don't think we can expect Sanchez to carry them like he did last year. If the kids really come on they just might surprise us and Pineda has to be better then he has been since he's been here. Just a lot of question marks but going into the season, nothing wrong being optimistic. Should be fun either way

8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 5:18PM #9
tito
Posts: 643

Hey New..if we get some pitching from the starters I think we will contend for a WC. If not I agree..this is the most anticipated season for me in some time.

8 months ago  ::  Mar 18, 2017 - 5:23PM #10
newinn
Posts: 27,877

Mar 18, 2017 -- 5:18PM, tito wrote:


Hey New..if we get some pitching from the starters I think we will contend for a WC. If not I agree..this is the most anticipated season for me in some time.




hey Tito! Yeah one way or the other I think it will be a fun season. I wish they had just a little more speed. Tht would make it even more fun to watch. Perhaps we'll get some exciting base running  out of Gardner and/or Ellsbury

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum