Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Split series
4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 12:09AM #1
JonahFalcon
Posts: 23,051
Yanks blow a big one, Red Sox blow a big one, trade 3-0 games.

I don't think the Yanks are very good, but the Red Sox aren't very good either. I suspect neither team would get far in the playoffs, but you never know. A hot team at the right time (see: Yanks this past May).
4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 12:21AM #2
Cocopugg
Posts: 2,634

This division is up for grabs, since Tampa isn't very good either (they blew one themselves earlier). Bottom line, one of those 3 teams WILL win the division, since the other two (Toronto and Baltimore) are bottom tier. The question is, can the Yankees do it, or even finish with a record good enough to get them a wildcard spot (even though we know with no "ace", any playoff appearance this year will probably wind up with the same results as in 2015).

4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 1:49AM #3
JonahFalcon
Posts: 23,051

Keep in mind the Yanks are only 2 GB in the loss column.

4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 5:33AM #4
Raymond757
Posts: 8,260
Ok!
4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 8:41AM #5
EvilEmpire27
Posts: 551
No one showed up for the night cap and they ****ed away friday.  This is one of the worst teams when it comes to fundamentals.
4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 9:32AM #6
luvdayanks
Posts: 22,030

Jul 17, 2017 -- 8:41AM, EvilEmpire27 wrote:

No one showed up for the night cap and they ****ed away friday. This is one of the worst teams when it comes to fundamentals.




Says the poster with the worst comprehension of baseball.

4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 9:46AM #7
EvilEmpire27
Posts: 551
Have you seen how many outs they've made in the bases?  How many botched dps, errors, failed bunt attempts?
4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 10:19AM #8
bruner4329
Posts: 3,521

Right now this team is lacking resources. When you have to start your utility infielder in all 4 games over the weekend that should tell you something. I like Torreyes in his role but not as an every day player. WE did get production in Game 1 yesterday from 1B but quite frankley it has been an eye sore all year. The guy we got from Milwaukee seems a bit over matched. Also if you look at the next 2 games we are starting Mitchell and Cessa back to back. I am a bit concerned to say the least. We are playing short handed to some extent.

4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 10:27AM #9
luvdayanks
Posts: 22,030

Jul 17, 2017 -- 9:46AM, EvilEmpire27 wrote:

Have you seen how many outs they've made in the bases? How many botched dps, errors, failed bunt attempts?




Yes I've seen it and to a large degree it's part of a baseball season and all teams go through it. As Bruner said, they've been playing short handed with players out of position. Mental errors are going to happen, and maybe they've made more than they're share but you're making it sound like the sky is falling.

4 months ago  ::  Jul 17, 2017 - 11:14AM #10
MAX
Posts: 34,253

Jul 17, 2017 -- 10:27AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Jul 17, 2017 -- 9:46AM, EvilEmpire27 wrote:

Have you seen how many outs they've made in the bases? How many botched dps, errors, failed bunt attempts?




Yes I've seen it and to a large degree it's part of a baseball season and all teams go through it. As Bruner said, they've been playing short handed with players out of position. Mental errors are going to happen, and maybe they've made more than they're share but you're making it sound like the sky is falling.




If the Yanks aren't going to sell they need to get a good starter or two. Sonny Gray?


Or maybe Verlander Laughing


Image result for kate upton



.
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum