Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Francona vs Girardi
7 days ago  ::  Oct 13, 2017 - 12:30PM #31
newinn
Posts: 27,956

Oct 13, 2017 -- 10:23AM, Bats wrote:


This question posed by Jonuts, should be a SLAM DUNK to answer.

To be honest, NO Yankee fan should ever want Terry Francona to manage their team. Guys, he's 2004!!!! He's part of (perhaps) the darkest moment in Yankee history. Noway, would I want that him wearing Yankee pinstripes.

Part of me, still couldn't remove the sting, that was 2004. Not even the 2009 World Series Championship the Yankees won. I had no problem getting over the stings of 2001 and 2003, but 2004 lingered. Beating Francona and his Indians, down 0-2, helped alot. However, to have him wear pinstripes...that's like Bill Gates running Apple.

Look, I personally think Francona is a great manager. His friendly-fatherly-"I'm your BFF" style of managing a ballclub seems to be very effective. However, no way will I "sleep with the enemy" just to win a World Championship.

Like I said, I think Francona is a great manager. That's why I want to BEAT HIM. I repeat...BEAT HIM. If he, in fact, is the best manager in the League...even better. I want to beat the BEST.

Quite frankly, I would be shocked to hear, see, or read any Yankee fan who would want Francona to manage the Yankees. If Francona manages the Yankees and (say...) wins a World Series, that would be great. If he gets elected to the Hall of Fame, do you know what cap he's going to wear? He's going to wear the Red Sox cap, because he will forver be known as the manager who not only ended the Curse of the Bambino, but did so at the expense of the New York Yankees. Could you live with that? Perhaps if the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry mean nothing to you, then maybe you can.

Like I said, Terry Francona seems to be a very nice guy. GREAT GUY. Perhaps the BEST! However, he should never wear Yankee pinstripes.

The obvious answer here, is Joe Girardi.




That's ridiculous. For crying out loud this is baseball not war.

7 days ago  ::  Oct 13, 2017 - 1:32PM #32
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 8,836
Never Francona.  After the chicken n beer fiasco and his pain killer addiction I would never trust him with the keys to this well tuned machine.
7 days ago  ::  Oct 13, 2017 - 1:36PM #33
Lola
Posts: 17,786

Oct 13, 2017 -- 12:30PM, newinn wrote:


Oct 13, 2017 -- 10:23AM, Bats wrote:


This question posed by Jonuts, should be a SLAM DUNK to answer.

To be honest, NO Yankee fan should ever want Terry Francona to manage their team. Guys, he's 2004!!!! He's part of (perhaps) the darkest moment in Yankee history. Noway, would I want that him wearing Yankee pinstripes.

Part of me, still couldn't remove the sting, that was 2004. Not even the 2009 World Series Championship the Yankees won. I had no problem getting over the stings of 2001 and 2003, but 2004 lingered. Beating Francona and his Indians, down 0-2, helped alot. However, to have him wear pinstripes...that's like Bill Gates running Apple.

Look, I personally think Francona is a great manager. His friendly-fatherly-"I'm your BFF" style of managing a ballclub seems to be very effective. However, no way will I "sleep with the enemy" just to win a World Championship.

Like I said, I think Francona is a great manager. That's why I want to BEAT HIM. I repeat...BEAT HIM. If he, in fact, is the best manager in the League...even better. I want to beat the BEST.

Quite frankly, I would be shocked to hear, see, or read any Yankee fan who would want Francona to manage the Yankees. If Francona manages the Yankees and (say...) wins a World Series, that would be great. If he gets elected to the Hall of Fame, do you know what cap he's going to wear? He's going to wear the Red Sox cap, because he will forver be known as the manager who not only ended the Curse of the Bambino, but did so at the expense of the New York Yankees. Could you live with that? Perhaps if the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry mean nothing to you, then maybe you can.

Like I said, Terry Francona seems to be a very nice guy. GREAT GUY. Perhaps the BEST! However, he should never wear Yankee pinstripes.

The obvious answer here, is Joe Girardi.




That's ridiculous. For crying out loud this is baseball not war.




Are you sure about that.... It sure feels like a war zone at times! Wink


"There is no substiture for victory."


Douglas MacArthur




7 days ago  ::  Oct 13, 2017 - 1:38PM #34
Lola
Posts: 17,786

Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:32PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Never Francona. After the chicken n beer fiasco and his pain killer addiction I would never trust him with the keys to this well tuned machine.



Francona let the inmates run the asylum, in the end it cost him.

7 days ago  ::  Oct 13, 2017 - 1:42PM #35
1961wasfun
Posts: 400

Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:38PM, Lola wrote:


Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:32PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Never Francona. After the chicken n beer fiasco and his pain killer addiction I would never trust him with the keys to this well tuned machine.



Francona let the inmates run the asylum, in the end it cost him.




He never learns Lola.  Same deal happened in Bawston with the drinking in the clubhouse. Cost him his job.

7 days ago  ::  Oct 13, 2017 - 1:46PM #36
Lola
Posts: 17,786

Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:42PM, 1961wasfun wrote:


Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:38PM, Lola wrote:


Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:32PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Never Francona. After the chicken n beer fiasco and his pain killer addiction I would never trust him with the keys to this well tuned machine.



Francona let the inmates run the asylum, in the end it cost him.




He never learns Lola.  Same deal happened in Bawston with the drinking in the clubhouse. Cost him his job.




That's what we're talking about darlin... Francona in Bahston.

7 days ago  ::  Oct 13, 2017 - 2:35PM #37
1961wasfun
Posts: 400

Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:46PM, Lola wrote:


Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:42PM, 1961wasfun wrote:


Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:38PM, Lola wrote:


Oct 13, 2017 -- 1:32PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Never Francona. After the chicken n beer fiasco and his pain killer addiction I would never trust him with the keys to this well tuned machine.



Francona let the inmates run the asylum, in the end it cost him.




He never learns Lola.  Same deal happened in Bawston with the drinking in the clubhouse. Cost him his job.




That's what we're talking about darlin... Francona in Bahston.




sometimes I have time to read the whole thread and sometimes I don't....sorry. Must pay closer attention.

6 days ago  ::  Oct 14, 2017 - 3:04AM #38
Yankees
Posts: 6,298

Oct 13, 2017 -- 9:49AM, 1961wasfun wrote:


Oct 12, 2017 -- 11:25PM, Yankees wrote:


Tito, losing patience with Girardi.




6,263 posts and not one slice of intelligence.... you're a miracle!!!




Let me go cry in a corner after that burn.

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum