Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
To all the Girardi haters
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 12:23PM #71
taurus
Posts: 809

Oct 29, 2017 -- 10:54AM, Lulu wrote:

Rumors are running amuck. This proves that Cash now how total control.


Are you saying Cash has total control or lost total control ?

2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 12:33PM #72
Paterson
Posts: 6,383

Oct 29, 2017 -- 10:30AM, Lulu wrote:

Sanchez needed to be called out and he had no right to throw a hiissy fight. He is barely in his second year in the majors.



   "Calling out" a player is always resented in the clubhouse. The manager always has the right to make up the lineup card to show his displeasure. I think guys understand that. Calling out a guy in his first full year in the league who does not even had a good ommand of the language and has been nothing but a baseball player since he left home at the age of 16 ? 


    Pointing out a mistake is not a condemnation of a manager. In hindsight everything is easier. Having to deal with the media every day after every game has made the job so much harder than in the past. Maybe the GM should have to do it too ? The owner ? Calling out Sanchez was not good, but I don't think that is what cost Girardi his job. 

2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 12:33PM #73
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

Oct 27, 2017 -- 5:19PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Oct 27, 2017 -- 2:38PM, kyloren wrote:


Oct 27, 2017 -- 1:02PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


10 years - 6 playoff appearances, World Series title...  lot's of teams would take that...


looking back at the past 23 years (that's almost a quarter of a century folks) we missed the playoffs 4 times.....   let's enjoy this ride!




But were Yankees fans were spoiled When I was a teenager It seemed we won the world Series every year. Theres the Yankees and theres everybody else. Like It or not there are different expectations for the New York Yankees thats just the way it is. 




I'm sure management is not happy with how the 21st century has turned out for the Yankees so far (only 1 world championship...and yes, the year 2000 does NOT count as the 21st century, since there was never a year 0). So far in the 21st century, if people want to consider the closest thing to a dynasty, the  Red Sox and Giants have both won 3 World Series titles, and the St. Louis Cardinals have won 2. All other teams (including the Yankees) that have gone to the WS in the 21st century, have only won once. This presents a problem for Yankee management, especially since the Red Sox, Giants AND Cardinals are all Yankee foes. In other words, I'm sure management is looking to turn the 21st century Yankees, into the championship machine the 20th century Yankees were...not an east task today, with all the rules, regulations, luxury taxes, and the playoff structure that exist, which didn't exist for the most part, during the 20th century.




A century is 100 years.  Most people agree that the 21st century began on 1/1/2000.  The 'there was no year zero' argument is pointless.  It's not like time began in year one.  With that logic then the 90s does not include 1990....  

2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 12:55PM #74
bomberhojoe
Posts: 14,846
How did Girardi "call out" Sanchez? I recall him saying that Sanchez needed to focus more on his defense. Was there more, because I don't see that as anything worthy of anyone getting ticked off over.
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 1:06PM #75
luvdayanks
Posts: 26,935

Oct 29, 2017 -- 12:18PM, Lola wrote:


Oct 29, 2017 -- 11:26AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Oct 29, 2017 -- 10:54AM, Lulu wrote:

Rumors are running amuck. This proves that Cash now how total control.




 How do RUMORS prove he has lost total control??? Rumors prove nothing!




Lol!... I can't!




2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 1:47PM #76
Cocopugg
Posts: 6,641

Oct 29, 2017 -- 12:33PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Oct 27, 2017 -- 5:19PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Oct 27, 2017 -- 2:38PM, kyloren wrote:


Oct 27, 2017 -- 1:02PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


10 years - 6 playoff appearances, World Series title...  lot's of teams would take that...


looking back at the past 23 years (that's almost a quarter of a century folks) we missed the playoffs 4 times.....   let's enjoy this ride!




But were Yankees fans were spoiled When I was a teenager It seemed we won the world Series every year. Theres the Yankees and theres everybody else. Like It or not there are different expectations for the New York Yankees thats just the way it is. 




I'm sure management is not happy with how the 21st century has turned out for the Yankees so far (only 1 world championship...and yes, the year 2000 does NOT count as the 21st century, since there was never a year 0). So far in the 21st century, if people want to consider the closest thing to a dynasty, the  Red Sox and Giants have both won 3 World Series titles, and the St. Louis Cardinals have won 2. All other teams (including the Yankees) that have gone to the WS in the 21st century, have only won once. This presents a problem for Yankee management, especially since the Red Sox, Giants AND Cardinals are all Yankee foes. In other words, I'm sure management is looking to turn the 21st century Yankees, into the championship machine the 20th century Yankees were...not an east task today, with all the rules, regulations, luxury taxes, and the playoff structure that exist, which didn't exist for the most part, during the 20th century.




A century is 100 years.  Most people agree that the 21st century began on 1/1/2000.  The 'there was no year zero' argument is pointless.  It's not like time began in year one.  With that logic then the 90s does not include 1990....  




Correct...the 90's were from 1991-2000...the last Yankees dynasty decade.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=fofcLXshq_8

2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 3:14PM #77
tnyank
Posts: 146

Oct 29, 2017 -- 9:47AM, Marvin wrote:


Oct 29, 2017 -- 8:24AM, tnyank wrote:

I think he was not retained because players, mainly the young players, had soured on him. Throwing Sanchez under the bus publicly, earlier this year was not a good move on his part. Take into account some of his line ups, batting orders, pitching changes, and a habit of leaving pitchers in too long, and he may have lost this team at some point. Yeah they still played hard, but in the end, they wanted to win. If the front office is really going to follow this analytics model, they’re setting themselves up for disappointment. It’s a terrible model for winning championships.



Just curious: what specifically about his lineups either lost the team or was unanalytical? I know a lot of people questioned him batting Judge second but according to the SABR writers, it's better to have your best, or one of your best  hitters in the second spot instead of 3rd or 4th since he'll get more ABs in that spot. Did the team rebel because, say, Hicks or Castro didn't bat second?




Things like batting Judge second, sticking with Hicks over Clint, not even giving Ells a chance in the postseason. This sabermateics stuff is pure BS. Baseball is not a game for robots. It’s a game of strategy and evaluation of the circumstances and then adjusting to it. I guess the analytics comes from Billy Beane. Well, what the heck has he ever won in Oakland? Seriously? How many championships? If this is the case, that Joe was hamstrings by the front office, then we Ford the wrong guy. But I don’t think it’s the case. He just wasn’t a good in game manager. And I believe Tex was right about him not relating well to the younger players. Hate it for Joe. He was a good guy. Just not the best coach when it mattered. 

2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 3:22PM #78
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

Oct 29, 2017 -- 1:47PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Oct 29, 2017 -- 12:33PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Oct 27, 2017 -- 5:19PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Oct 27, 2017 -- 2:38PM, kyloren wrote:


Oct 27, 2017 -- 1:02PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


10 years - 6 playoff appearances, World Series title...  lot's of teams would take that...


looking back at the past 23 years (that's almost a quarter of a century folks) we missed the playoffs 4 times.....   let's enjoy this ride!




But were Yankees fans were spoiled When I was a teenager It seemed we won the world Series every year. Theres the Yankees and theres everybody else. Like It or not there are different expectations for the New York Yankees thats just the way it is. 




I'm sure management is not happy with how the 21st century has turned out for the Yankees so far (only 1 world championship...and yes, the year 2000 does NOT count as the 21st century, since there was never a year 0). So far in the 21st century, if people want to consider the closest thing to a dynasty, the  Red Sox and Giants have both won 3 World Series titles, and the St. Louis Cardinals have won 2. All other teams (including the Yankees) that have gone to the WS in the 21st century, have only won once. This presents a problem for Yankee management, especially since the Red Sox, Giants AND Cardinals are all Yankee foes. In other words, I'm sure management is looking to turn the 21st century Yankees, into the championship machine the 20th century Yankees were...not an east task today, with all the rules, regulations, luxury taxes, and the playoff structure that exist, which didn't exist for the most part, during the 20th century.




A century is 100 years.  Most people agree that the 21st century began on 1/1/2000.  The 'there was no year zero' argument is pointless.  It's not like time began in year one.  With that logic then the 90s does not include 1990....  




Correct...the 90's were from 1991-2000...the last Yankees dynasty decade.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=fofcLXshq_8




Jerry was wrong!  When were all the cool parties?  News Years Eve 1999!  End of the century!  Got to follow the party!

2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 3:39PM #79
Paterson
Posts: 6,383

Oct 29, 2017 -- 12:55PM, bomberhojoe wrote:

How did Girardi "call out" Sanchez? I recall him saying that Sanchez needed to focus more on his defense. Was there more, because I don't see that as anything worthy of anyone getting ticked off over.




   When you say it to Sanchez, that is coaching. When you say it to the press...that is calling someone out. And when the target  is a kid who is not media savvy it is a recipe for something bad. Sanchez handled it well, or maybe the guy who 'translates' for him did. Players know their weaknesses and most want to improve, even for only selfish reasons. Judge knows he strikes out too much, Bird knows he is slow, Castro knows how poor his lateral movement is, etc. ...They don't need to hear about if from Suzyn or Meredith after a loss.  And they don't like it coming from the manager.  


   


2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2017 - 4:00PM #80
bomberhojoe
Posts: 14,846
Paterson, as always, I respect your opinion. But I don't see anything wrong with the way Girardi said this.
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum