Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Flaherty interested ...
11 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2017 - 6:21PM #1
NW
Posts: 13,043
Maybe not for manager, but I'd definitely consider him as a bench coach.  He knows more about baseball than any announcer I've ever heard.  His delivery is a bit dry, but he knows the game better than most.



John Flaherty says his agent has contacted Cashman about interest in NYY mgr job. No response yet. But Flash at point where he’s considering returning to field as coach or manager.


 
11 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2017 - 7:03PM #2
Cocopugg
Posts: 6,000

Nov 8, 2017 -- 6:21PM, NW wrote:

Maybe not for manager, but I'd definitely consider him as a bench coach.  He knows more about baseball than any announcer I've ever heard.  His delivery is a bit dry, but he knows the game better than most.



John Flaherty says his agent has contacted Cashman about interest in NYY mgr job. No response yet. But Flash at point where he’s considering returning to field as coach or manager.


 



Hire this man!

11 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2017 - 7:48PM #3
hampfan
Posts: 3,099

Nov 8, 2017 -- 7:03PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Nov 8, 2017 -- 6:21PM, NW wrote:

Maybe not for manager, but I'd definitely consider him as a bench coach.  He knows more about baseball than any announcer I've ever heard.  His delivery is a bit dry, but he knows the game better than most.



John Flaherty says his agent has contacted Cashman about interest in NYY mgr job. No response yet. But Flash at point where he’s considering returning to field as coach or manager.


 



Hire this man!




I like JF and thinks he's as baseball-smart as anyone. Still, he seems to have a personality closely reminding me of cardboard. I think it's about time we had a manager with a sense of humor, or at least the potential for such. As a bench coach, then? Maybe. But I also think that if Cashman chooses a youngish manager (e.g., a Hairston, Jr. or an Ausmus), someone like Pedrique, who knows the potential of so many of our former and upcoming minor-league talents, should then assume the bench-coach role.

11 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2017 - 7:50PM #4
hampfan
Posts: 3,099



Hire this man!




I like JF and thinks he's as baseball-smart as anyone. Still, he seems to have a personality closely reminding me of cardboard. I think it's about time we had a manager with a sense of humor, or at least the potential for such. As a bench coach, then? Maybe. But I also think that if Cashman chooses a youngish manager (e.g., a Hairston, Jr. or an Ausmus), someone like Pedrique, who knows the potential of so many of our former and upcoming minor-league talents, should then assume the bench-coach role.




Correction: I like and think he's....

11 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2017 - 7:51PM #5
Bats
Posts: 7,984

LOL...another catcher.


Ha Ha Ha....I actually wouldn't mind this at all. 


I just wonder if he'll get his interview, before I do.

11 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2017 - 8:35PM #6
kyloren
Posts: 3,520

I wouldnt mind John as a manager!

11 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2017 - 9:12PM #7
newinn
Posts: 30,877

I brought him up right after Girardi was let go. The ood news it would get him out of the booth. He's a tough listen forme.The bad news is he certainly doesn'tstrike me as some warm and fuzzy guy. Seems lacking in the personality dept and every bit as intense as Girardi.

11 months ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 2:19AM #8
laurenfrances
Posts: 30,820

I also read Cone expressing his interest for the job. If they are looking for someone to incorporate sabermetrics, Cone might be your guy....just a thought if they are also searching for someone to dial down the intensity with communication skills.


www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yank...

Always proud to be a Yankee fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket
11 months ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 3:33AM #9
Yankees
Posts: 6,607

Never gonna happen.

Tonberry Pictures, Images and Photos
11 months ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 3:50AM #10
NW
Posts: 13,043

Nov 9, 2017 -- 2:19AM, laurenfrances wrote:


I also read Cone expressing his interest for the job. If they are looking for someone to incorporate sabermetrics, Cone might be your guy....just a thought if they are also searching for someone to dial down the intensity with communication skills.


www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yank...




Cone dialing down intensity?  Did you see the guy pitch?  Nobody could talk to him on gameday.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum