Network Forums Yankees Olney says Yanks seem to be the favorite to...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Olney says Yanks seem to be the favorite to land Otani
1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 10:07AM #1
Lulu
Posts: 2,369
Speaking on Kay show Wednesday.
He figures if he posts for next year and delays coming for 2 more years to get up to 200 million, he would  get at the most 4 million. This would allow all or most of the 30 teams to bid on him.
He also said it is unlikely he signs with a NL team, since there is no DH.
But, in that case, he is hearing the Yanks are the favorite.
Olney also said he throws at 100mph and was clocked  running down to first at 3.8 seconds.
1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 10:32AM #2
MAX
Posts: 34,273

Nov 9, 2017 -- 10:07AM, Lulu wrote:

Speaking on Kay show Wednesday. He figures if he posts for next year and delays coming for 2 more years to get up to 200 million, he would get at the most 4 million. This would allow all or most of the 30 teams to bid on him. He also said it is unlikely he signs with a NL team, since there is no DH. But, in that case, he is hearing the Yanks are the favorite. Olney also said he throws at 100mph and was clocked running down to first at 3.8 seconds.





If Otani is the real deal he's a perfect fit for the Yankees. He fills two of the Yankees needs (Starting Pitcher, DH). Plus, he's only 23 years old, the Yankees can sign him and still have money leftover while they stay under the luxury tax figure. 

.
1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 10:39AM #3
MAX
Posts: 34,273

Besides his strikeouts to innings pitched ratio, what I like about Otani as a hitter is his OBP the last two seasons. 





.
1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 11:18AM #4
Joeybagadonutz
Posts: 8,172

He's a perfect match.


Maybe we can send McAdoooochshh to China in return. 

 photo Signature small_zpsipxz034e.jpg
1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 11:22AM #5
luvdayanks
Posts: 22,036

Nov 9, 2017 -- 11:18AM, Joeybagadonutz wrote:


He's a perfect match.


Maybe we can send McAdoooochshh to China in return. 




 Please send him as far away as possible...the moon if possible.

1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 12:02PM #6
Joeybagadonutz
Posts: 8,172

Nov 9, 2017 -- 11:22AM, luvdayanks wrote:


Nov 9, 2017 -- 11:18AM, Joeybagadonutz wrote:


He's a perfect match.


Maybe we can send McAdoooochshh to China in return. 




 Please send him as far away as possible...the moon if possible.




That's way too expensive!!! China will be fine and Japan will be happy knowing that the biggest McAdooochsh in the world is in the country that they despise the most.

 photo Signature small_zpsipxz034e.jpg
1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 4:05PM #7
JonahFalcon
Posts: 23,052
Hideki Matsui knew: there's nothing like being a Yankee. You even get a chance to be World Series MVP.
1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 4:34PM #8
ArtVandelay
Posts: 28,398

why does nobody mention the trillions in Japanese revenue this guy will bring...  with Tanaka and him we don't have to worry about the luxury tax!

1 week ago  ::  Nov 09, 2017 - 4:55PM #9
judgernaut
Posts: 247
By people close to him he's been described as someone who's wants to be in the spot light

Get it done!!
1 week ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 11:23AM #10
JonahFalcon
Posts: 23,052

Hal should tell Otani: 


"One word.


Yankeeography."

Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Olney says Yanks seem to be the favorite to...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum