Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Fighters posting Otani
2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 2:37PM #11
Joeybagadonutz
Posts: 8,178

How long do they have before they announce the winning bidder?

 photo Signature small_zpsipxz034e.jpg
2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 2:41PM #12
NYC_Mike7
Posts: 101

Nov 10, 2017 -- 12:43PM, kyloren wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 11:45AM, NYC_Mike7 wrote:


Rangers are favorites. They almost signed him when he was 18 and he decided to stay in japan. He's expressed in interviews that the rangers where the closest club to him. Now the rangers lead in international signing bonus money is no coincidence. He also wants a club that will let him hit and pitch with no evaluation, he just wants to do it. It seems Rangers offer that. Let's see though.




All the Experts on MLB Network and ESPN, Baseball writers and such Say the Yankees are heavy Favorites, Rangers will be In Play but they all think Yankees will get him. The new Posting rules are the bids cant exceed 20 million, and anyone that bids 20 million has the rights to talk to him or the 3 highest bids get to talk to him. I believe the Yankees bid 20 million on Tanaka and were one of the three teams that won the winning bid. Again If you bid 20 million you get the right to negosiate with him. Yankees will bid 20 million bank on it then we give him Cash and he Is ours! Yankees have a lot of cap space in international spending so money Is not an isue and If I remember If you win the bid and sign him the !20 million does not affect revenue sharing, and Cap Space in international signings or  anything like that and Otani Is a huge Yankees fan growing up, He wants to be a Yankee, The ball Is In the Yankees court...




I would love for the Yankees to get him. But bypassing the Rangers who where favorite to land him when he was 18 and now lead in signing bonus probably for him, is no coincidence.  Don't really care what experts say, if you followed him from young you will see the Ranger connection. But I hope yanks steal him. And if you want to speak about money, he could just wait until he's 25 and make a ton.

2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 2:49PM #13
kyloren
Posts: 2,503

Nov 10, 2017 -- 2:41PM, NYC_Mike7 wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 12:43PM, kyloren wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 11:45AM, NYC_Mike7 wrote:


Rangers are favorites. They almost signed him when he was 18 and he decided to stay in japan. He's expressed in interviews that the rangers where the closest club to him. Now the rangers lead in international signing bonus money is no coincidence. He also wants a club that will let him hit and pitch with no evaluation, he just wants to do it. It seems Rangers offer that. Let's see though.




All the Experts on MLB Network and ESPN, Baseball writers and such Say the Yankees are heavy Favorites, Rangers will be In Play but they all think Yankees will get him. The new Posting rules are the bids cant exceed 20 million, and anyone that bids 20 million has the rights to talk to him or the 3 highest bids get to talk to him. I believe the Yankees bid 20 million on Tanaka and were one of the three teams that won the winning bid. Again If you bid 20 million you get the right to negosiate with him. Yankees will bid 20 million bank on it then we give him Cash and he Is ours! Yankees have a lot of cap space in international spending so money Is not an isue and If I remember If you win the bid and sign him the !20 million does not affect revenue sharing, and Cap Space in international signings or  anything like that and Otani Is a huge Yankees fan growing up, He wants to be a Yankee, The ball Is In the Yankees court...




I would love for the Yankees to get him. But bypassing the Rangers who where favorite to land him when he was 18 and now lead in signing bonus probably for him, is no coincidence.  Don't really care what experts say, if you followed him from young you will see the Ranger connection. But I hope yanks steal him. And if you want to speak about money, he could just wait until he's 25 and make a ton.




well now the Yankees are the favorites. The Posting system is different Its like it was when we got Tanaka all a team has to do to win the bid Is bid 20 million dollars the 20 million dollors doesnt affect the cap for international Signings. So more then one team can and will win the bid then its just about talking Dolars I dont see how the Yankees lose out here. The Yankees have a ton of money in International cap space there last big splash in the international pool was Tanaka In 2014! 

2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 2:53PM #14
kyloren
Posts: 2,503

Also the maximum ammount a team can bid Is 20 million Dollars you cant bid more then 20 million, This helps the Yankees If they bid 20 million Its not really a blind bid, 20 Million to the Yankees Is chump change Its nothing and the 20 million doesnt count against the cap, AGAIN THE 20 MILLION DOESNT COUNT AGAINST THE CAP. 

2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 2:58PM #15
NYC_Mike7
Posts: 101

Nov 10, 2017 -- 2:49PM, kyloren wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 2:41PM, NYC_Mike7 wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 12:43PM, kyloren wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 11:45AM, NYC_Mike7 wrote:


Rangers are favorites. They almost signed him when he was 18 and he decided to stay in japan. He's expressed in interviews that the rangers where the closest club to him. Now the rangers lead in international signing bonus money is no coincidence. He also wants a club that will let him hit and pitch with no evaluation, he just wants to do it. It seems Rangers offer that. Let's see though.




All the Experts on MLB Network and ESPN, Baseball writers and such Say the Yankees are heavy Favorites, Rangers will be In Play but they all think Yankees will get him. The new Posting rules are the bids cant exceed 20 million, and anyone that bids 20 million has the rights to talk to him or the 3 highest bids get to talk to him. I believe the Yankees bid 20 million on Tanaka and were one of the three teams that won the winning bid. Again If you bid 20 million you get the right to negosiate with him. Yankees will bid 20 million bank on it then we give him Cash and he Is ours! Yankees have a lot of cap space in international spending so money Is not an isue and If I remember If you win the bid and sign him the !20 million does not affect revenue sharing, and Cap Space in international signings or  anything like that and Otani Is a huge Yankees fan growing up, He wants to be a Yankee, The ball Is In the Yankees court...




I would love for the Yankees to get him. But bypassing the Rangers who where favorite to land him when he was 18 and now lead in signing bonus probably for him, is no coincidence.  Don't really care what experts say, if you followed him from young you will see the Ranger connection. But I hope yanks steal him. And if you want to speak about money, he could just wait until he's 25 and make a ton.




well now the Yankees are the favorites. The Posting system is different Its like it was when we got Tanaka all a team has to do to win the bid Is bid 20 million dollars the 20 million dollors doesnt affect the cap for international Signings. So more then one team can and will win the bid then its just about talking Dolars I dont see how the Yankees lose out here. The Yankees have a ton of money in International cap space there last big splash in the international pool was Tanaka In 2014! 




The posting system is money for his old team. From my understanding it has nothing to do with Otani, just leverage on what team is willing to negotiate.  Since he is under 25, he is subject to the teams international money. If he was 25 he can negotiate as if he was a free agent. I've read something about MLB waiving certain rules for him, but apparently his contract will be subjected to very low, money wise, but teams can give him a signing bonus. Seems like MLB and him working out exactly what he can and cannot do.

2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 3:09PM #16
kyloren
Posts: 2,503

Nov 10, 2017 -- 2:58PM, NYC_Mike7 wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 2:49PM, kyloren wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 2:41PM, NYC_Mike7 wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 12:43PM, kyloren wrote:


Nov 10, 2017 -- 11:45AM, NYC_Mike7 wrote:


Rangers are favorites. They almost signed him when he was 18 and he decided to stay in japan. He's expressed in interviews that the rangers where the closest club to him. Now the rangers lead in international signing bonus money is no coincidence. He also wants a club that will let him hit and pitch with no evaluation, he just wants to do it. It seems Rangers offer that. Let's see though.




All the Experts on MLB Network and ESPN, Baseball writers and such Say the Yankees are heavy Favorites, Rangers will be In Play but they all think Yankees will get him. The new Posting rules are the bids cant exceed 20 million, and anyone that bids 20 million has the rights to talk to him or the 3 highest bids get to talk to him. I believe the Yankees bid 20 million on Tanaka and were one of the three teams that won the winning bid. Again If you bid 20 million you get the right to negosiate with him. Yankees will bid 20 million bank on it then we give him Cash and he Is ours! Yankees have a lot of cap space in international spending so money Is not an isue and If I remember If you win the bid and sign him the !20 million does not affect revenue sharing, and Cap Space in international signings or  anything like that and Otani Is a huge Yankees fan growing up, He wants to be a Yankee, The ball Is In the Yankees court...




I would love for the Yankees to get him. But bypassing the Rangers who where favorite to land him when he was 18 and now lead in signing bonus probably for him, is no coincidence.  Don't really care what experts say, if you followed him from young you will see the Ranger connection. But I hope yanks steal him. And if you want to speak about money, he could just wait until he's 25 and make a ton.




well now the Yankees are the favorites. The Posting system is different Its like it was when we got Tanaka all a team has to do to win the bid Is bid 20 million dollars the 20 million dollors doesnt affect the cap for international Signings. So more then one team can and will win the bid then its just about talking Dolars I dont see how the Yankees lose out here. The Yankees have a ton of money in International cap space there last big splash in the international pool was Tanaka In 2014! 




The posting system is money for his old team. From my understanding it has nothing to do with Otani, just leverage on what team is willing to negotiate.  Since he is under 25, he is subject to the teams international money. If he was 25 he can negotiate as if he was a free agent. I've read something about MLB waiving certain rules for him, but apparently his contract will be subjected to very low, money wise, but teams can give him a signing bonus. Seems like MLB and him working out exactly what he can and cannot do.




bottome line all the yankees have to do to win the bid is bid 20 million or really close to 20 million. 

2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 3:12PM #17
kyloren
Posts: 2,503

this same posting system is the same posting system that was in place in 2014 when we got Tanaka it totally benifits the Yankees trust me on this I would be really surprised if we dont get Otani. 

2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 3:13PM #18
Joeybagadonutz
Posts: 8,178

It's essentially up to Otani where he signs. Several teams will post the $20 Million for a chance to negotiate with him. The only other teams that I would have worried about would have been the Dodgers but they only have $300,000 to offer, same for the Astros. NY should be an easy choice for Otani. Tanaka is here, it's the biggest stage, we went deep into the playoffs andhave a good core of young talent. He'd be nuts to go anywhere else. 

 photo Signature small_zpsipxz034e.jpg
2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 3:14PM #19
kyloren
Posts: 2,503

Nov 10, 2017 -- 3:13PM, Joeybagadonutz wrote:


It's essentially up to Otani where he signs. Several teams will post the $20 Million for a chance to negotiate with him. The only other teams that I would have worried about would have been the Dodgers but they only have $300,000 to offer, same for the Astros. NY should be an easy choice for Otani. Tanaka is here, it's the biggest stage, we went deep into the playoffs andhave a good core of young talent. He'd be nuts to go anywhere else. 




I totally agree and also In Cuba and Japan they love the Yankees. 

2 weeks ago  ::  Nov 10, 2017 - 3:19PM #20
NYC_Mike7
Posts: 101

Nov 10, 2017 -- 3:12PM, kyloren wrote:


this same posting system is the same posting system that was in place in 2014 when we got Tanaka it totally benifits the Yankees trust me on this I would be really surprised if we dont get Otani. 




Wrong, totally different. Tanaka was able to negotiate a free agent contract, Otani is not. They put the age at 25, Otani is 23. Like I said I would love to have him but he has always expressed and been linked to the rangers. To bypass them and say he is favorite to land with the yanks is wrong. Rangers-Yankees battle.

Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum