Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Christmas is Back!
2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 10:50AM #71
61in61
Posts: 26,516

Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:34AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:32AM, 61in61 wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 9:27AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people that try to make others feel uncomfortable for saying Merry Christmas ... and the fact that someone is basically saying it's okay to say it again and you don't have to say Happy Holidays is a comfort to many people.  There's a lot of things I don't like about Trump, but his saying Merry Christmas is not one of them.




This is a pointless argument. Nobody can make you feel guilty about saying Merry Christmas except yourself. What some politician says is irrelevant. If somone is offended by the greeting they will still be offended regardless of what Trump says. The term "Happy Holidays" has been used for centuries and how it suddenly became a disparaging term is the work of right wing zealots. The term is simply an all inclusive greeting when someone doesn't know the religion of the other person.




I use Happy Holidays all the time ... but crazy left wingers go insane if someone says Merry Christmas ... that's not right.




Let them go insane, that's not your problem.

2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 10:52AM #72
yankoldfan
Posts: 8,601

Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:44AM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:34AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:32AM, 61in61 wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 9:27AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people that try to make others feel uncomfortable for saying Merry Christmas ... and the fact that someone is basically saying it's okay to say it again and you don't have to say Happy Holidays is a comfort to many people.  There's a lot of things I don't like about Trump, but his saying Merry Christmas is not one of them.




This is a pointless argument. Nobody can make you feel guilty about saying Merry Christmas except yourself. What some politician says is irrelevant. If somone is offended by the greeting they will still be offended regardless of what Trump says. The term "Happy Holidays" has been used for centuries and how it suddenly became a disparaging term is the work of right wing zealots. The term is simply an all inclusive greeting when someone doesn't know the religion of the other person.




I use Happy Holidays all the time ... but crazy left wingers go insane if someone says Merry Christmas ... that's not right.




don't even dare to put up a Manger Scene - liberals like to destroy those, even on your own lawn...  the sight of a Manger Scene triggers them...


here you go libs...  here's my hate speech of the day...








Not sure what you think is right or wrong art, but I have one of these in front of my house... What does that make me ??

2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 11:09AM #73
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:52AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:44AM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:34AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:32AM, 61in61 wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 9:27AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people that try to make others feel uncomfortable for saying Merry Christmas ... and the fact that someone is basically saying it's okay to say it again and you don't have to say Happy Holidays is a comfort to many people.  There's a lot of things I don't like about Trump, but his saying Merry Christmas is not one of them.




This is a pointless argument. Nobody can make you feel guilty about saying Merry Christmas except yourself. What some politician says is irrelevant. If somone is offended by the greeting they will still be offended regardless of what Trump says. The term "Happy Holidays" has been used for centuries and how it suddenly became a disparaging term is the work of right wing zealots. The term is simply an all inclusive greeting when someone doesn't know the religion of the other person.




I use Happy Holidays all the time ... but crazy left wingers go insane if someone says Merry Christmas ... that's not right.




don't even dare to put up a Manger Scene - liberals like to destroy those, even on your own lawn...  the sight of a Manger Scene triggers them...


here you go libs...  here's my hate speech of the day...







Not sure what you think is right or wrong art, but I have one of these in front of my house... What does that make me ??




it makes you a target for the Social Justice Warriors - be careful, they will destroy your manger...

2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 12:16PM #74
Max
Posts: 42,830

Dec 6, 2017 -- 5:54PM, newinn wrote:


so, now that the cons have claimed saying "Merry Christmas" is back (not that it ever left), I'm curious as to how everyones life has changed. I for one feel like I'm living is a brand new world



Children are building snowman on every block in the city even though it hasn't snowed. It's also over 40 degrees the snowmen don't melt. Thank you Donnie Dearest.  

.
2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 12:24PM #75
Max
Posts: 42,830

Dec 6, 2017 -- 7:58PM, newinn wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 7:51PM, 61in61 wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 5:54PM, newinn wrote:


so, now that the cons have claimed saying "Merry Christmas" is back (not that it ever left), I'm curious as to how everyones life has changed. I for one feel like I'm living is a brand new world




I've started watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.




I heard they took out the word Holiday in those movies and replaced it with Christmas





Happy holiday, happy holiday
While the merry bells keep ringing
May your ev'ry wish come true



Happy holiday, happy holiday
May the calendar keep bringing
Happy holidays to you



Somehow in 1942 when that song was written those lyrics weren't a big deal. 
.
2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 12:32PM #76
newinn
Posts: 34,044

Dec 7, 2017 -- 12:24PM, Max wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 7:58PM, newinn wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 7:51PM, 61in61 wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 5:54PM, newinn wrote:


so, now that the cons have claimed saying "Merry Christmas" is back (not that it ever left), I'm curious as to how everyones life has changed. I for one feel like I'm living is a brand new world




I've started watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.




I heard they took out the word Holiday in those movies and replaced it with Christmas





Happy holiday, happy holiday
While the merry bells keep ringing
May your ev'ry wish come true



Happy holiday, happy holiday
May the calendar keep bringing
Happy holidays to you



Somehow in 1942 when that song was written those lyrics weren't a big deal. 



I'm just glad Art's life is now complete and I'm sure ratman ins dancing in the streetsLaughing

2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 12:40PM #77
Max
Posts: 42,830

Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:44AM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:34AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 10:32AM, 61in61 wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 9:27AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people that try to make others feel uncomfortable for saying Merry Christmas ... and the fact that someone is basically saying it's okay to say it again and you don't have to say Happy Holidays is a comfort to many people.  There's a lot of things I don't like about Trump, but his saying Merry Christmas is not one of them.




This is a pointless argument. Nobody can make you feel guilty about saying Merry Christmas except yourself. What some politician says is irrelevant. If somone is offended by the greeting they will still be offended regardless of what Trump says. The term "Happy Holidays" has been used for centuries and how it suddenly became a disparaging term is the work of right wing zealots. The term is simply an all inclusive greeting when someone doesn't know the religion of the other person.




I use Happy Holidays all the time ... but crazy left wingers go insane if someone says Merry Christmas ... that's not right.




don't even dare to put up a Manger Scene - liberals like to destroy those, even on your own lawn...  the sight of a Manger Scene triggers them...


here you go libs...  here's my hate speech of the day...







There are always a handful of jerks. But saying that about all Libs is ridiculous. It would be like saying the only time you would see people of color on a Con's lawn is when it's ceramic figures of The Three Kings/The Three Wise men. 

.
2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 12:40PM #78
laurenfrances
Posts: 36,848

Dec 7, 2017 -- 12:32PM, newinn wrote:


Dec 7, 2017 -- 12:24PM, Max wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 7:58PM, newinn wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 7:51PM, 61in61 wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 5:54PM, newinn wrote:


so, now that the cons have claimed saying "Merry Christmas" is back (not that it ever left), I'm curious as to how everyones life has changed. I for one feel like I'm living is a brand new world




I've started watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.




I heard they took out the word Holiday in those movies and replaced it with Christmas





Happy holiday, happy holiday
While the merry bells keep ringing
May your ev'ry wish come true



Happy holiday, happy holiday
May the calendar keep bringing
Happy holidays to you



Somehow in 1942 when that song was written those lyrics weren't a big deal. 



I'm just glad Art's life is now complete and I'm sure ratman ins dancing in the streets



Next time I see my Jewish, Muslim friends, neighbors, ex-coworkers, I'll make sure to wish them a Merry Christmas....

2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 12:44PM #79
newinn
Posts: 34,044

I'm only kidding about the whole Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays stuff. I thought the whole argument was ridiculous years ago and I still feel the same way

2 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2017 - 12:54PM #80
laurenfrances
Posts: 36,848

Dec 7, 2017 -- 12:44PM, newinn wrote:


I'm only kidding about the whole Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays stuff. I thought the whole argument was ridiculous years ago and I still feel the same way




My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving/4th of July cookouts...getting together to stuff your face with no hyped up frenzy for gift shopping....Laughing 

Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum