Network Forums Yankees Yankees coaching positions considered..
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Yankees coaching positions considered..
7 days ago  ::  Dec 05, 2017 - 6:06PM #1
laurenfrances
Posts: 30,762
As reported via King...

Yankees considering minor league coordinators Reggie Willits and Carlos Mendoza for big league coaching positions.
Always proud to be a Yankee fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket
7 days ago  ::  Dec 05, 2017 - 7:13PM #2
kyloren
Posts: 2,625

Willits Is my Age, I was born June 5th 1981 Willits was born May 1981! I feel so old. 

7 days ago  ::  Dec 05, 2017 - 7:47PM #3
hampfan
Posts: 2,918

Dec 5, 2017 -- 7:13PM, kyloren wrote:


Willits Is my Age, I was born June 5th 1981 Willits was born May 1981! I feel so old. 




It's all relative. You and Willits are young. (Enjoy it while you can. Time is not a little like water.) In any case, Boone needs a seriously older guy sitting by his side, bench-coaching, don't you think? Historicized analytics aren't enough. Cashman, if he hires the two mentioned, is risking an "experiment."

7 days ago  ::  Dec 05, 2017 - 8:05PM #4
Bats
Posts: 7,379

Dec 5, 2017 -- 7:47PM, hampfan wrote:


Dec 5, 2017 -- 7:13PM, kyloren wrote:


Willits Is my Age, I was born June 5th 1981 Willits was born May 1981! I feel so old. 




It's all relative. You and Willits are young. (Enjoy it while you can. Time is not a little like water.) In any case, Boone needs a seriously older guy sitting by his side, bench-coaching, don't you think? Historicized analytics aren't enough. Cashman, if he hires the two mentioned, is risking an "experiment."




Risking an experiment? LOL...you don't even know what the coaching position is!  (LOL)


UPDATED***


Dude....baseball has been around for over a hundred years. Some aspects of the game has changed, but overall it's still the same. Aaron Boone has seen it all.  He has seen it from the dugout and on the broadcasting booth. Experience is overrated.  Experience is needed for things like....war, going into a battlefield; or for a doctor doing heart-bypass surgery; or anything that deals with a large amount of stress because of the fear of uncertainty. Baseball is ALMOST the opposite because of the numbers and the matchup. The Yankees may indeed put an older guy to be Boone's bench coat, but it's absolutely un-necessary because the game is NOT overly unpredictable. 


Think about that.

7 days ago  ::  Dec 05, 2017 - 8:09PM #5
hampfan
Posts: 2,918

Dec 5, 2017 -- 8:05PM, Bats wrote:


Dec 5, 2017 -- 7:47PM, hampfan wrote:


Dec 5, 2017 -- 7:13PM, kyloren wrote:


Willits Is my Age, I was born June 5th 1981 Willits was born May 1981! I feel so old. 




It's all relative. You and Willits are young. (Enjoy it while you can. Time is not a little like water.) In any case, Boone needs a seriously older guy sitting by his side, bench-coaching, don't you think? Historicized analytics aren't enough. Cashman, if he hires the two mentioned, is risking an "experiment."




Risking an experiment? LOL...you don't even know what the coaching position is!  






I just love your wise-a$$ remarks. I almost make them just to hear you sing off key, which you do with an absolutely soothing regularity. If only you really looked like your authoritarian cartooon.

7 days ago  ::  Dec 05, 2017 - 8:12PM #6
NW
Posts: 12,470

Mendoza's name came up in the search to replace Denbo.  I've heard that he has significant ties in Venezuela and has hyped up the Yankees in that country when international signings choose where to go.  


Willits doesn't really bring anything to the table in my opinion.

7 days ago  ::  Dec 05, 2017 - 8:18PM #7
kyloren
Posts: 2,625

I am thinking for first base and third base coach not bench coach. I would be fine with someone like Eric Wedge for bench coach to show Boone the ropes...

6 days ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 8:34AM #8
bomberhojoe
Posts: 13,337

I'm totally unimpressed with Wedge. I wouldn't mind seeing Pena in the role, but not sure if Cashman wants someone as close to Girardi filling that spot. It appears Cashman will probably be handpicking all of Boone's coaches.

John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
6 days ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 10:37AM #9
101wins
Posts: 842

Well, Who ever they choose I hope they don't give Boone a wedgie!

Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Yankees coaching positions considered..
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum