Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Schwarber?
7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 10:41AM #11
101wins
Posts: 843

I only want Schwarber if they can "stick" the Cubs with the dough boy and his never earned  salary!

7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 10:49AM #12
yank0428
Posts: 14,365

Dec 6, 2017 -- 8:36AM, newinn wrote:


Said this a month ago. I love the idea of Schwarber in pinstripes. I would do Betances and Adams in a heartbeat




I like his bat New. I think a team would hopefully getting him cheaper off what I consider a bad year. I think he's a much better hitter then he showed this year.I don't like that he really is a DH. Not a fan of young players with that limitation but his bat still makes me interested.


 He's a young player. Do some posters forget how bad Judge looked in 2016? I think Schwarber has the talent to be a real good hitter.

7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 11:00AM #13
brudy23
Posts: 1

I would liek to see that lefty bat , but there is no way you can give up Adams for him . Betances straight up for him is good enough !!!

7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 11:27AM #14
yank0428
Posts: 14,365

Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:00AM, brudy23 wrote:


I would liek to see that lefty bat , but there is no way you can give up Adams for him . Betances straight up for him is good enough !!!




He's coming off a bad year and has no position. Agreed Betances and some other player but no highly rated pitching prospect. No way Adams. The Yanks need starting pitching, not to trade the one who could be in the rotation.

7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 11:27AM #15
bumper
Posts: 3,638

not sure i want 2 guys striking out 200 times in my lineup. that's a lot of runners not moving over. judge at least takes a lot of walks and is a great fielder.

7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 11:34AM #16
yank0428
Posts: 14,365

Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:27AM, bumper wrote:


not sure i want 2 guys striking out 200 times in my lineup. that's a lot of runners not moving over. judge at least takes a lot of walks and is a great fielder.




He's a DH. You want power from there. He can hit over 30 HR's and drive in a 100 from there.What did the Yanks get from DH last year?I think he could be a monster in the Bronx.


7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 11:35AM #17
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 69,530

Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:34AM, yank0428 wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:27AM, bumper wrote:


not sure i want 2 guys striking out 200 times in my lineup. that's a lot of runners not moving over. judge at least takes a lot of walks and is a great fielder.




He's a DH. You want power from there. He can hit over 30 HR's and drive in a 100 from there.What did the Yanks get from DH last year?I think he could be a monster in the Bronx.





Would be great if we could get him for Betances.

7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 11:47AM #18
Max
Posts: 36,684

Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:27AM, yank0428 wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:00AM, brudy23 wrote:


I would liek to see that lefty bat , but there is no way you can give up Adams for him . Betances straight up for him is good enough !!!




He's coming off a bad year and has no position. Agreed Betances and some other player but no highly rated pitching prospect. No way Adams. The Yanks need starting pitching, not to trade the one who could be in the rotation.




He's coming off a bad year, has a low batting average and high strikeouts. His last season's playing weight I doubt he can play LF in Yankee Stadium. He seems to be a DH. Betances and Acevedo for Schwarber is a fair trade only because of Schwarber's HR potential in Yankee Stadium. 

.
7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 11:52AM #19
kyloren
Posts: 3,017

I brought this up earlier in the off season I would love to make a trade for him but not for Adams or any other top prospect. 

7 months ago  ::  Dec 06, 2017 - 11:53AM #20
yank0428
Posts: 14,365

Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:47AM, Max wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:27AM, yank0428 wrote:


Dec 6, 2017 -- 11:00AM, brudy23 wrote:


I would liek to see that lefty bat , but there is no way you can give up Adams for him . Betances straight up for him is good enough !!!




He's coming off a bad year and has no position. Agreed Betances and some other player but no highly rated pitching prospect. No way Adams. The Yanks need starting pitching, not to trade the one who could be in the rotation.




He's coming off a bad year, has a low batting average and high strikeouts. His last season's playing weight I doubt he can play LF in Yankee Stadium. He seems to be a DH. Betances and Acevedo for Schwarber is a fair trade only because of Schwarber's HR potential in Yankee Stadium. 




 I think thats fair but would try to keep Acevedo out of it. Another player addded but no close good pitching prospects. The Yanks have so much depth in the pen they could afford to trade Betances. He ended the seasoin bad but his stats overall were good. Schwarber was terrible in the begining of last season but was better in the 2qnd half.


He has huge upside as a hitter. He's built like a DH which isn't a good thing but I think he has the potential to be a real good one.


Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum