Network Forums Sport of Politics How Often Do People Use Guns In Self-Defense?
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 Next
How Often Do People Use Guns In Self-Defense?
1 year ago  ::  Apr 19, 2018 - 3:51PM #41
yankoldfan
Posts: 7,957

Apr 19, 2018 -- 2:07PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Apr 18, 2018 -- 4:03PM, yankoldfan wrote:



.. I agree there ain't nothing in my home that valuable that I would kill someone for..




for the sake of your family I hope you live alone...




Yep, try shooting the intruder and if I fail, the whole family gets killed.. I doubt the intruder is going to start shooting unless I give him a reason and if I'm toating a gun, that just might be the reason for him to start shooting... But you're the tough guy art, or maybe it's tough to look at guy ?? 

1 year ago  ::  Apr 19, 2018 - 4:03PM #42
dixieyank
Posts: 5,746

Apr 19, 2018 -- 3:51PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Apr 19, 2018 -- 2:07PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Apr 18, 2018 -- 4:03PM, yankoldfan wrote:



.. I agree there ain't nothing in my home that valuable that I would kill someone for..




for the sake of your family I hope you live alone...




Yep, try shooting the intruder and if I fail, the whole family gets killed.. I doubt the intruder is going to start shooting unless I give him a reason and if I'm toating a gun, that just might be the reason for him to start shooting... But you're the tough guy art, or maybe it's tough to look at guy ?? 




I hope you never have someone break in on you and yours. Your attitude on the situation worries me. 


1 year ago  ::  Apr 19, 2018 - 4:06PM #43
yankoldfan
Posts: 7,957

Apr 19, 2018 -- 4:03PM, dixieyank wrote:


Apr 19, 2018 -- 3:51PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Apr 19, 2018 -- 2:07PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Apr 18, 2018 -- 4:03PM, yankoldfan wrote:



.. I agree there ain't nothing in my home that valuable that I would kill someone for..




for the sake of your family I hope you live alone...




Yep, try shooting the intruder and if I fail, the whole family gets killed.. I doubt the intruder is going to start shooting unless I give him a reason and if I'm toating a gun, that just might be the reason for him to start shooting... But you're the tough guy art, or maybe it's tough to look at guy ?? 




I hope you never have someone break in on you and yours. Your attitude on the situation worries me. 





Thanks for worrying about me dixie, and with art standing outside my door in the bushes with a gun, I'll sleep better from now on...

1 year ago  ::  Apr 19, 2018 - 4:25PM #44
dixieyank
Posts: 5,746

Ever been robbed? Had your home invaded? Just wondering.


I have, and it changed my views drastically. 

1 year ago  ::  Apr 19, 2018 - 9:53PM #45
yankoldfan
Posts: 7,957

Apr 19, 2018 -- 4:25PM, dixieyank wrote:


Ever been robbed? Had your home invaded? Just wondering.


I have, and it changed my views drastically. 




Hell dixxie I don't even lock my doors...

1 year ago  ::  Apr 20, 2018 - 12:08AM #46
NW
Posts: 13,163

Apr 19, 2018 -- 9:53PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Apr 19, 2018 -- 4:25PM, dixieyank wrote:


Ever been robbed? Had your home invaded? Just wondering.


I have, and it changed my views drastically. 




Hell dixxie I don't even lock my doors...




I don't lock my doors either but you'd have to be nuts to come through my door with the 75 pound protective pitbull and both my girlfriend and I train with our weapons regularly.  


As far as protecting my property is concerned, that's my right as an American citizen.  As far as the emotional toll of killing an intruder, taking someone's life is always a sentinel incident (or at least it should be, if you're not a psycho).  However, you must consider the situation.  Is that intruder there to take your TV or your life?  You really don't know and if you wait to find out, your tactical advantage will be lost.  I'd also rather deal with the emotional toll of my son seeing someone shot than having him live life vulerable and afraid, or for that matter, having to bury him.

1 year ago  ::  Apr 20, 2018 - 7:11AM #47
yankoldfan
Posts: 7,957

Apr 20, 2018 -- 12:08AM, NW wrote:


Apr 19, 2018 -- 9:53PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Apr 19, 2018 -- 4:25PM, dixieyank wrote:


Ever been robbed? Had your home invaded? Just wondering.


I have, and it changed my views drastically. 




Hell dixxie I don't even lock my doors...




I don't lock my doors either but you'd have to be nuts to come through my door with the 75 pound protective pitbull and both my girlfriend and I train with our weapons regularly.  


As far as protecting my property is concerned, that's my right as an American citizen.  As far as the emotional toll of killing an intruder, taking someone's life is always a sentinel incident (or at least it should be, if you're not a psycho).  However, you must consider the situation.  Is that intruder there to take your TV or your life?  You really don't know and if you wait to find out, your tactical advantage will be lost.  I'd also rather deal with the emotional toll of my son seeing someone shot than having him live life vulerable and afraid, or for that matter, having to bury him.




Just because someone walked into my house with a pitbull dog, I don't think I could kill someone, I guess you say you could, not sure that's worth killing anyone or not.. I also can't believe anyone that I know would want to kill me for any reason ?? 


So do you watch TV with your AR-15 or your automatic pistol by your side ?? If someone came in the door and I starting running for my basement and tried to get my guns out of a locked gun safe, I'm sure my chances of getting shot are a lot higher than if I just put my hands up and told him you can have anything you want sir ???

1 year ago  ::  Apr 20, 2018 - 9:22AM #48
MajorYankFan
Posts: 32,868

Alex Jones, Backtracking, Now Says Sandy Hook Shooting Did Happen


 wshu.org/post/alex-jones-backtracking-no...

Talk show host Alex Jones has responded to a lawsuit from the parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. Jones has repeatedly claimed on his website, Infowars, that the shooting was staged. 

In a YouTube video, Jones said he now believes the shooting really happened, and that the families are being used by the Democratic Party and the news media. Jones invited the parents onto his program for a discussion about guns 

1 year ago  ::  Apr 20, 2018 - 12:56PM #49
NW
Posts: 13,163

Apr 20, 2018 -- 7:11AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Apr 20, 2018 -- 12:08AM, NW wrote:


Apr 19, 2018 -- 9:53PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Apr 19, 2018 -- 4:25PM, dixieyank wrote:


Ever been robbed? Had your home invaded? Just wondering.


I have, and it changed my views drastically. 




Hell dixxie I don't even lock my doors...




I don't lock my doors either but you'd have to be nuts to come through my door with the 75 pound protective pitbull and both my girlfriend and I train with our weapons regularly.  


As far as protecting my property is concerned, that's my right as an American citizen.  As far as the emotional toll of killing an intruder, taking someone's life is always a sentinel incident (or at least it should be, if you're not a psycho).  However, you must consider the situation.  Is that intruder there to take your TV or your life?  You really don't know and if you wait to find out, your tactical advantage will be lost.  I'd also rather deal with the emotional toll of my son seeing someone shot than having him live life vulerable and afraid, or for that matter, having to bury him.




Just because someone walked into my house with a pitbull dog, I don't think I could kill someone, I guess you say you could, not sure that's worth killing anyone or not.. I also can't believe anyone that I know would want to kill me for any reason ?? 


So do you watch TV with your AR-15 or your automatic pistol by your side ?? If someone came in the door and I starting running for my basement and tried to get my guns out of a locked gun safe, I'm sure my chances of getting shot are a lot higher than if I just put my hands up and told him you can have anything you want sir ???




First, there is no such thing as an automatic pistol.  Second, I'm pretty sure my dog could keep an intruder at bay for the 10 seconds or less it would take me to get to my 9mm.  My rifles and shotguns are in the basement, but my 9mm is always close at hand.

1 year ago  ::  Apr 20, 2018 - 2:11PM #50
bertram
Posts: 9,373

Enough is enough!  The kids are right...


The National School Walkout was organized to encourage young people to also push for legislation at the state level if Congress doesn't act.



"The federal government can set standards and practices that apply to all states around gun safety. But states have the option of passing additional measures to protect their own residents from gun violence," the website says.


Such measures could include:


  • Banning assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and bump stocks
  • Mandating universal background checks
  • Placing a minimum age of 21 on all gun purchases
  • Implementing waiting periods between a gun purchase and gun transfer
  • Allowing families to petition a court to remove guns from individuals at risk of injuring themselves or others through extreme risk protective orders (ERPOs)



IMO, this is what Congress should be working on right now.










Page 5 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics How Often Do People Use Guns In Self-Defense?
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum