Network Forums Yankees Omg..Yankees express interest in Machado
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next
Omg..Yankees express interest in Machado
1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 7:49AM #41
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 76,918

Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:19AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:16AM, xnewyorker wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:51AM, laurenf2 wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:34AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

The rumors are Frazier, Drury, and German for Machado and Britton who are both free agents at the end of the year. That’s absurd. Now we are told the Red Sox could trade Devers or Benintendi for for him. I hope they do.



Wow, for a two month rental? You gotta know Boras will want him to test the free market...Let someone else get him.





I thought someone posted that Boarass is not his agent ?? I don't remember who they said it was but maybe they'll read this a say ??




Yes I did as a matter of fact....Dan Lozano is his agent not Boras.


That rumor of Frazier, Drury and German was only something that a sports analyst came up with.




As much as we need pitching, I just don't see Ca$hman dealing a player like German, I could be wrong, maybe for the right deal, but I'd hope we can get what we want from our overabundance of position players ??




I think German gets dealt in a heartbeat.

1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 10:36AM #42
yankoldfan
Posts: 8,162

Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:49AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:19AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:16AM, xnewyorker wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:51AM, laurenf2 wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:34AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

The rumors are Frazier, Drury, and German for Machado and Britton who are both free agents at the end of the year. That’s absurd. Now we are told the Red Sox could trade Devers or Benintendi for for him. I hope they do.



Wow, for a two month rental? You gotta know Boras will want him to test the free market...Let someone else get him.





I thought someone posted that Boarass is not his agent ?? I don't remember who they said it was but maybe they'll read this a say ??




Yes I did as a matter of fact....Dan Lozano is his agent not Boras.


That rumor of Frazier, Drury and German was only something that a sports analyst came up with.




As much as we need pitching, I just don't see Ca$hman dealing a player like German, I could be wrong, maybe for the right deal, but I'd hope we can get what we want from our overabundance of position players ??




I think German gets dealt in a heartbeat.




You could very well be right Mo, I'm just hoping we can hold onto our young arms and see where they take us ?? Sheffield is another arm I's like to hang onto, but someone like the Mets or the Giants if we would get a deGrom or a Bumgarner, I'm sure would want at least on pitching prospect back ?? Personally, I think either pitcher coming here is wishful thinking on our part ??

1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 10:40AM #43
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 76,918

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:36AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:49AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:19AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:16AM, xnewyorker wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:51AM, laurenf2 wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:34AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

The rumors are Frazier, Drury, and German for Machado and Britton who are both free agents at the end of the year. That’s absurd. Now we are told the Red Sox could trade Devers or Benintendi for for him. I hope they do.



Wow, for a two month rental? You gotta know Boras will want him to test the free market...Let someone else get him.





I thought someone posted that Boarass is not his agent ?? I don't remember who they said it was but maybe they'll read this a say ??




Yes I did as a matter of fact....Dan Lozano is his agent not Boras.


That rumor of Frazier, Drury and German was only something that a sports analyst came up with.




As much as we need pitching, I just don't see Ca$hman dealing a player like German, I could be wrong, maybe for the right deal, but I'd hope we can get what we want from our overabundance of position players ??




I think German gets dealt in a heartbeat.




You could very well be right Mo, I'm just hoping we can hold onto our young arms and see where they take us ?? Sheffield is another arm I's like to hang onto, but someone like the Mets or the Giants if we would get a deGrom or a Bumgarner, I'm sure would want at least on pitching prospect back ?? Personally, I think either pitcher coming here is wishful thinking on our part ??




I'll be shocked if Cashman pulls off a deal of deGrom or Bumgarner ... and if he does, expect there to be pain.

1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 11:17AM #44
mikedorb
Posts: 1,352


Jul 10, 2018 -- 8:15AM, laurenf2 wrote:

Come on if Yankees can't find a difference maker pitcher, reserve available funds to sign their own when they reach FA. Didi is a valuable SS. Don't fix what is not broken.



The problem is there isn't very likely to be an impact starting pitcher available. Meaning not a 1 or even a 2. I think they will trade for a starting pitcher but this pitcher at best will most likely be at the level of Tanaka or Sabathia. I don't see any pitcher they get in a trade being a difference maker who will greatly change the balance of power in the AL East. That may be the reason they are even considering Machado. Even though he isn't a pitcher he is a player who is a difference maker that would make any team better. But I have a feeling this trading deadline with all of the hype is going to turn into a dud at least for the Yankees. I don't think we are trading for anybody who is going to get us excited. We will get somebody I am sure but I think most of us will just say OK maybe he can help us a little bit. Or I hope he helps us.   

1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 11:31AM #45
mikedorb
Posts: 1,352

Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:40AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:36AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:49AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:19AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:16AM, xnewyorker wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:51AM, laurenf2 wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:34AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

The rumors are Frazier, Drury, and German for Machado and Britton who are both free agents at the end of the year. That’s absurd. Now we are told the Red Sox could trade Devers or Benintendi for for him. I hope they do.



Wow, for a two month rental? You gotta know Boras will want him to test the free market...Let someone else get him.





I thought someone posted that Boarass is not his agent ?? I don't remember who they said it was but maybe they'll read this a say ??




Yes I did as a matter of fact....Dan Lozano is his agent not Boras.


That rumor of Frazier, Drury and German was only something that a sports analyst came up with.




As much as we need pitching, I just don't see Ca$hman dealing a player like German, I could be wrong, maybe for the right deal, but I'd hope we can get what we want from our overabundance of position players ??




I think German gets dealt in a heartbeat.




You could very well be right Mo, I'm just hoping we can hold onto our young arms and see where they take us ?? Sheffield is another arm I's like to hang onto, but someone like the Mets or the Giants if we would get a deGrom or a Bumgarner, I'm sure would want at least on pitching prospect back ?? Personally, I think either pitcher coming here is wishful thinking on our part ??




I'll be shocked if Cashman pulls off a deal of deGrom or Bumgarner ... and if he does, expect there to be pain.




I would be shocked as well at least by the trading deadline. Bumgarner could be more of a possibility during the offseason but as you said the price would be very high. But at least there would be a chance however small it could happen. deGrom will never be traded to the Yankees.  If the Mets ever trade him which I think would be unlikely unless something there drastically changes I believe they would take less from another team than trade him to the Yankees. I would bet every dollar I have that the only way deGrom ever becomes a Yankee is if he signs with them as a free agent. So forget about deGrom at least for the next two years.   

1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 11:35AM #46
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 76,918

Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:31AM, mikedorb wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:40AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 10:36AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:49AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:19AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 7:16AM, xnewyorker wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:56AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:51AM, laurenf2 wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:34AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

The rumors are Frazier, Drury, and German for Machado and Britton who are both free agents at the end of the year. That’s absurd. Now we are told the Red Sox could trade Devers or Benintendi for for him. I hope they do.



Wow, for a two month rental? You gotta know Boras will want him to test the free market...Let someone else get him.





I thought someone posted that Boarass is not his agent ?? I don't remember who they said it was but maybe they'll read this a say ??




Yes I did as a matter of fact....Dan Lozano is his agent not Boras.


That rumor of Frazier, Drury and German was only something that a sports analyst came up with.




As much as we need pitching, I just don't see Ca$hman dealing a player like German, I could be wrong, maybe for the right deal, but I'd hope we can get what we want from our overabundance of position players ??




I think German gets dealt in a heartbeat.




You could very well be right Mo, I'm just hoping we can hold onto our young arms and see where they take us ?? Sheffield is another arm I's like to hang onto, but someone like the Mets or the Giants if we would get a deGrom or a Bumgarner, I'm sure would want at least on pitching prospect back ?? Personally, I think either pitcher coming here is wishful thinking on our part ??




I'll be shocked if Cashman pulls off a deal of deGrom or Bumgarner ... and if he does, expect there to be pain.




I would be shocked as well at least by the trading deadline. Bumgarner could be more of a possibility during the offseason but as you said the price would be very high. But at least there would be a chance however small it could happen. deGrom will never be traded to the Yankees.  If the Mets ever trade him which I think would be unlikely unless something there drastically changes I believe they would take less from another team than trade him to the Yankees. I would bet every dollar I have that the only way deGrom ever becomes a Yankee is if he signs with them as a free agent. So forget about deGrom at least for the next two years.   




I agree with you ... the Mets would never trade deGrom to the Yankees ... the hatred goes both ways.

1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:12PM #47
luvdayanks
Posts: 27,033

Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:17AM, mikedorb wrote:



Jul 10, 2018 -- 8:15AM, laurenf2 wrote:

Come on if Yankees can't find a difference maker pitcher, reserve available funds to sign their own when they reach FA. Didi is a valuable SS. Don't fix what is not broken.



The problem is there isn't very likely to be an impact starting pitcher available. Meaning not a 1 or even a 2. I think they will trade for a starting pitcher but this pitcher at best will most likely be at the level of Tanaka or Sabathia. I don't see any pitcher they get in a trade being a difference maker who will greatly change the balance of power in the AL East. That may be the reason they are even considering Machado. Even though he isn't a pitcher he is a player who is a difference maker that would make any team better. But I have a feeling this trading deadline with all of the hype is going to turn into a dud at least for the Yankees. I don't think we are trading for anybody who is going to get us excited. We will get somebody I am sure but I think most of us will just say OK maybe he can help us a little bit. Or I hope he helps us.   




 That makes sense, I totally agree.

1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:29PM #48
Lulu
Posts: 3,341
First of all, Os  will not trade to the Yankees.
Second   we have no  need for a guy who wants 30/10years.
Third, we got DiDi , Torres, Andjaur.
This is fake news by the media.
1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:33PM #49
Lulu
Posts: 3,341
And the Mets will never trade Degrom who is already 30, not 24 like Servy.
Giants will want a king's  ransom for Bumgardner.
Pass!
1 year ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:34PM #50
LiferYank
Posts: 6,708

Jul 11, 2018 -- 12:29PM, Lulu wrote:

First of all, Os will not trade to the Yankees. Second we have no need for a guy who wants 30/10years. Third, we got DiDi , Torres, Andjaur. This is fake news by the media.




Different ownership group now.


Machado 3b


Torres 2nd


Didi SS


Andujar



You only move one player and it makes the entire IF better.

Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Omg..Yankees express interest in Machado
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum