Network Forums Yankees Giants ready to make some big moves - Mad Bum...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Giants ready to make some big moves - Mad Bum and Belt available?
10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 6:25PM #21
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 14,754
Instead of Belt I wonder if we could get Posey for C/1B.  This doesn’t mean I am giving up on Sanchez, he would be C/DH and Stanton would get more time in the field
10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 6:29PM #22
RobS44
Posts: 5,540

Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:25PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Instead of Belt I wonder if we could get Posey for C/1B. This doesn’t mean I am giving up on Sanchez, he would be C/DH and Stanton would get more time in the field



Trading Posey would be the SF equivalent of the Yanks trading Jeter during one of the lean years after the 2009 WS.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 6:34PM #23
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 14,754

Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:29PM, RobS44 wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:25PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Instead of Belt I wonder if we could get Posey for C/1B. This doesn’t mean I am giving up on Sanchez, he would be C/DH and Stanton would get more time in the field



Trading Posey would be the SF equivalent of the Yanks trading Jeter during one of the lean years after the 2009 WS.




If Bumgardner is on the table I would think Posey is.  He could last longer in the AL

10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 6:38PM #24
RobS44
Posts: 5,540

Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:13PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:11PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 5:55PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 5:44PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 2:50PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 2:26PM, Lulu wrote:

I am willing to trade Austin, Drury ,Wade and maybe. Frazier.



I like Frazier, but he can't play 1B, so I would be willing to trade him for a proven first baseman (lefty), who can not only field well, but can hit 15+ HRs a yr (which can translate to 25-30+ HRs in pinstripes), while batting at least .280.




You just  described  Greg Bird. Those are the type numbers, plus, he was supposed  to  put up. 




Well he isn't.




That's  my point, some people  want  to get what they supposedly have. But, still waiting for Bird to become that. The clock is ticking, how much  time does  he have ? 




I don't know ... most of us fans are giving up on him ... don't know if the Yankees are or are not.




It is understandable.  He has hit .200 for the season, and still around .200 for July.   Yanks are 5-3 since taking 2 of 3 from the RS but have lost 2.5 games in the standings during those 8 games.   If they had a 7-8 game lead on the RS I think we fans might be a bit more patient.  But when they are losing ground to the RS and a particular player isn't contributing much if anything it is natural to want someone else in there.


As I have said, I'd give him thru July to get going.  If he is still hitting .200, ship him back to SWB and play Drury, Walker Austin or the proverbial player to be named later.  Let Bird do something at SWB to force the issue.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 6:40PM #25
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 74,672

Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:38PM, RobS44 wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:13PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:11PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 5:55PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 5:44PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 2:50PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 2:26PM, Lulu wrote:

I am willing to trade Austin, Drury ,Wade and maybe. Frazier.



I like Frazier, but he can't play 1B, so I would be willing to trade him for a proven first baseman (lefty), who can not only field well, but can hit 15+ HRs a yr (which can translate to 25-30+ HRs in pinstripes), while batting at least .280.




You just  described  Greg Bird. Those are the type numbers, plus, he was supposed  to  put up. 




Well he isn't.




That's  my point, some people  want  to get what they supposedly have. But, still waiting for Bird to become that. The clock is ticking, how much  time does  he have ? 




I don't know ... most of us fans are giving up on him ... don't know if the Yankees are or are not.




It is understandable.  He has hit .200 for the season, and still around .200 for July.   Yanks are 5-3 since taking 2 of 3 from the RS but have lost 2.5 games in the standings during those 8 games.   If they had a 7-8 game led on the RS I think we fans might be a bit more patient.  But when they are los9ng ground to the RS and a particular player isn't contributing much if anything it is natural to want someone else in there.


As I have said, I'd give him thru July to get going.  If he is still hitting .200, ship him back to SWB and play Drury, Walker Austin or the proverbial player to be named later.  Let Bird do something at SWB to force the issue.




The only thing that bothers me is that he's actually good at first base ... I've always been keen on first base defense ... so I would definitely give him until the end of July.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 6:54PM #26
RobS44
Posts: 5,540

Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:34PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:29PM, RobS44 wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:25PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Instead of Belt I wonder if we could get Posey for C/1B. This doesn’t mean I am giving up on Sanchez, he would be C/DH and Stanton would get more time in the field



Trading Posey would be the SF equivalent of the Yanks trading Jeter during one of the lean years after the 2009 WS.




If Bumgardner is on the table I would think Posey is.  He could last longer in the AL




IS Bugarner actually on he table?  Has SF indicated that they would listen to offers for him?

10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 8:04PM #27
BigAnt2191
Posts: 528
This news is pure garbage. Bum is a cult figure out in San Francisco and there is no way in hell they will ship him out. Also, this info is not mentioned by any of the major sports writers. I just feel there are some writers that would write anything to get a story out
10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 9:48PM #28
jimwest
Posts: 1,379

Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:25PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Instead of Belt I wonder if we could get Posey for C/1B. This doesn’t mean I am giving up on Sanchez, he would be C/DH and Stanton would get more time in the field



LL, why would the Yankees want an oft-injured 31 year old who is getting paid $22m per year, (with a $3m buyout for 2022) through 2021?


Those are the types of bad deals they used to make. Hopefully they have learned their lesson as far as giving out or taking on bad contracts.

10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 10:18PM #29
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 14,754

Jul 10, 2018 -- 9:48PM, jimwest wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:25PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Instead of Belt I wonder if we could get Posey for C/1B. This doesn’t mean I am giving up on Sanchez, he would be C/DH and Stanton would get more time in the field



LL, why would the Yankees want an oft-injured 31 year old who is getting paid $22m per year, (with a $3m buyout for 2022) through 2021?


Those are the types of bad deals they used to make. Hopefully they have learned their lesson as far as giving out or taking on bad contracts.




To me Posey is a generational player and I would take 3-4 years of him at around $20 million over Harper or Machado  at twice that for 10 years

10 months ago  ::  Jul 10, 2018 - 10:43PM #30
jimwest
Posts: 1,379

Jul 10, 2018 -- 10:18PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 9:48PM, jimwest wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 6:25PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

Instead of Belt I wonder if we could get Posey for C/1B. This doesn’t mean I am giving up on Sanchez, he would be C/DH and Stanton would get more time in the field



LL, why would the Yankees want an oft-injured 31 year old who is getting paid $22m per year, (with a $3m buyout for 2022) through 2021?


Those are the types of bad deals they used to make. Hopefully they have learned their lesson as far as giving out or taking on bad contracts.




To me Posey is a generational player and I would take 3-4 years of him at around $20 million over Harper or Machado  at twice that for 10 years




Posey's numbers are noticeably down this year, he is on the down slope of his career. It would be bad business to want a guy like him with that albatross contract. I don't want Machado either.


However, the Yankees need more LH power, so Harper, if a reasonable $ and years deal, I would consider. Not 10 years, and not $30m per year. He isn't that good to warrant that imo. 

Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Giants ready to make some big moves - Mad Bum...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum