Network Forums Yankees Giants ready to make some big moves - Mad Bum...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 7 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Giants ready to make some big moves - Mad Bum and Belt available?
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:07PM #61
RobS44
Posts: 5,608

Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:57PM, jimwest wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:46PM, thestraw44 wrote:


JD Martinez was always a streaky hitter with some power. It seems like he only showed up every other season before the redscrubs and I was reluctant to put him on my fantasy team one year bc of it. Now he’s this world beater mashing homers left and right with a ridiculous avg (PEDs?). It won’t last. Martinez is gonna have a crappy second half of the season while a lot of our low avg guys should be doin the opposite after the all star break. The redsux will come back down to earth by seasons end just in time for us to pull another Bucky Dent on them 




I sure hope so, straw. I have felt all along the Boston was not really this good, and honestly feel the Yankees overall are the superior team.


We keep waiting for the Red Sox to start coming down to earth, but so far they are not. It has been discouraging seeing them win almost every game in these series vs the bad teams, even on the road. 




Right now the Red Sox ARE the better team.  They are scoring more runs more consistently and are getting much better starting pitching.   Will they cool off at some point?  Almost certainly.  But the key point is that they are beating up the below .500 teams consisently, while the Yanks are struggling against them.  For ex, RS are 9-1 vs Baltimore.  Yanks are 4-5.  There is the RS lead.  RS are 25-7 vs Balt, Tampa & Tor while Yanks are 18-12.


Somebidy suggested in another post that maybe they have trouble "getting up" for the bad teams.  If that is the case, then yes, the RS really are very much better right now.

2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:26PM #62
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 17,817

Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:58AM, RobS44 wrote:





I was aware of those reasons for the Stanton deal. But Torres natural position is shortstop, not second, and they could easily have moved Castro in another trade. Didi may end up being moved this offseason if his $ demands are too high, especially given how good Torres has been.


Was not a fan of getting Stanton somewhat due to the dollars, but mainly due to the length of his contract. It is because of contracts like his, and Ellsbury's, that the Yankees are somewhat limited in absorbing money now, to stay under the $197m threshold CBT.




He can demand all he wants, but his salary will be determined for the next 2 years by arbitration.




You mean next year.  Unrestricted free agent in 2020

2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:38PM #63
Lulu
Posts: 3,341
So sick of the hate for Bird.
Listen people and listen good. If they DFA him he would get claimed immediately.And you haters would be belly aching.
You are the same bunch who wanted to give up on Judge, as I recall.
Impatient fans.
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:42PM #64
LiferYank
Posts: 6,728

Jul 11, 2018 -- 12:38PM, Lulu wrote:

So sick of the hate for Bird. Listen people and listen good. If they DFA him he would get claimed immediately.And you haters would be belly aching. You are the same bunch who wanted to give up on Judge, as I recall. Impatient fans.



Being critical of a player does not equate to hate.



Bird was amazing when he was first called up years ago and has not done a damn thing since to earn playing time.

2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:44PM #65
mikedorb
Posts: 1,354


Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:58AM, RobS44 wrote:





I was aware of those reasons for the Stanton deal. But Torres natural position is shortstop, not second, and they could easily have moved Castro in another trade. Didi may end up being moved this offseason if his $ demands are too high, especially given how good Torres has been.


Was not a fan of getting Stanton somewhat due to the dollars, but mainly due to the length of his contract. It is because of contracts like his, and Ellsbury's, that the Yankees are somewhat limited in absorbing money now, to stay under the $197m threshold CBT.




He can demand all he wants, but his salary will be determined for the next 2 years by arbitration.




Yes the Stanton contract has great potential to turn out bad. Both the dollars and especially the years.He may make the Ellsbury contract look like nothing. I know Stanton fell into our laps but that may not have necessarily turn out to be a good thing. Especially since I don't think Stanton is the kind of player who will age well. 

2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:48PM #66
mikedorb
Posts: 1,354

Jul 11, 2018 -- 12:07PM, RobS44 wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:57PM, jimwest wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:46PM, thestraw44 wrote:


JD Martinez was always a streaky hitter with some power. It seems like he only showed up every other season before the redscrubs and I was reluctant to put him on my fantasy team one year bc of it. Now he’s this world beater mashing homers left and right with a ridiculous avg (PEDs?). It won’t last. Martinez is gonna have a crappy second half of the season while a lot of our low avg guys should be doin the opposite after the all star break. The redsux will come back down to earth by seasons end just in time for us to pull another Bucky Dent on them 




I sure hope so, straw. I have felt all along the Boston was not really this good, and honestly feel the Yankees overall are the superior team.


We keep waiting for the Red Sox to start coming down to earth, but so far they are not. It has been discouraging seeing them win almost every game in these series vs the bad teams, even on the road. 




Right now the Red Sox ARE the better team.  They are scoring more runs more consistently and are getting much better starting pitching.   Will they cool off at some point?  Almost certainly.  But the key point is that they are beating up the below .500 teams consisently, while the Yanks are struggling against them.  For ex, RS are 9-1 vs Baltimore.  Yanks are 4-5.  There is the RS lead.  RS are 25-7 vs Balt, Tampa & Tor while Yanks are 18-12.


Somebidy suggested in another post that maybe they have trouble "getting up" for the bad teams.  If that is the case, then yes, the RS really are very much better right now.




I have some news for you Rob. By saying the Red Sox are better than the Yankees everybody here is going to call you a troll. 

2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 12:53PM #67
Jpep
Posts: 942

Game after game after game after game of Bird, and Walker's under .200 averages, and the Yankees insistence on playing them instead of getting them on track, (they pay coaches don't they, then coach!) and having two of them hovering around the .200 mark or under, still, is really not helping.  Bird has picked up some, and last night he was the offense basically, so imagine if he had been helped earlier than this, if he has finally come alive that is. I hope so.


Take a look at Boston's starting players averages and look at the Yankees.  Yeah, I know, we hit home runs. Yippee.  So does Boston, but they HIT  and make productive outs with men on base,, they make contact and we don't or at least we haven't. lately..  Bases loaded or two men on 2nd and third, and lead off doubles, with no scoring has just caught up to us against a team that stinks, but they hit when it counted, they pitched our guys outside every game and no one on this team adjusted to that.  Not one of them. So we lost, to a bad team, twice. And it ain't over yet.  Hopefully the Yankees were shamed into playing like they are capable of.  We will see. Gotta get going and now!

2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 1:02PM #68
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Jul 11, 2018 -- 12:53PM, Jpep wrote:


Game after game after game after game of Bird, and Walker's under .200 averages, and the Yankees insistence on playing them instead of getting them on track, (they pay coaches don't they, then coach!) and having two of them hovering around the .200 mark or under, still, is really not helping.  Bird has picked up some, and last night he was the offense basically, so imagine if he had been helped earlier than this, if he has finally come alive that is. I hope so.


Take a look at Boston's starting players averages and look at the Yankees.  Yeah, I know, we hit home runs. Yippee.  So does Boston, but they HIT  and make productive outs with men on base,, they make contact and we don't or at least we haven't. lately..  Bases loaded or two men on 2nd and third, and lead off doubles, with no scoring has just caught up to us against a team that stinks, but they hit when it counted, they pitched our guys outside every game and no one on this team adjusted to that.  Not one of them. So we lost, to a bad team, twice. And it ain't over yet.  Hopefully the Yankees were shamed into playing like they are capable of.  We will see. Gotta get going and now!




I said basically the same thing yesterday. Every game there seems that there's at least 2 guys hitting around or below .200. Its amazing they score as many runs as I do. 

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 1:05PM #69
BigGuy
Posts: 66,015

Rob's right. The Red Sox are better and the records prove it. Top teams don't lose 2 of 3 to a team on a pace for 43 wins this year. That's a disgrace. And they have Sonny Gray going tonight. 

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2018 - 1:43PM #70
yankoldfan
Posts: 9,112

Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:11AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:09AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:07AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:05AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:01AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 11:00AM, Cocopugg wrote:


Jul 11, 2018 -- 6:53AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:30PM, jimwest wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:19PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:15PM, jimwest wrote:


Jul 10, 2018 -- 11:07PM, Cocopugg wrote:


If the Blosox go on to win the division, JD Martinez will be the reason why. Yes, anytime a team gets a championship banner courtesy of a free agent signing, the deal was a steal.



The guy is a beast this year, but he also has had a very good track record career-wise. If his 2019 is anything like this season, he will likely opt out of his deal.


He didn't sign until February 26th; I was somewhat surprised the Yankees never seemed to show any interest in him. Much cheaper, and a shorter deal than Stanton.




The reason they didn't show interest in JD was because Cashman felt the Stanton deal made more sense, since it cleared the way for bringing Torres to the Bronx, as Castro went to Miami for Stanton. Once that deal was made, and the Yankees picked up Stanton's huge contract...no way they would've even contemplated getting JD for the kind of money he was asking.




I was aware of those reasons for the Stanton deal. But Torres natural position is shortstop, not second, and they could easily have moved Castro in another trade. Didi may end up being moved this offseason if his $ demands are too high, especially given how good Torres has been.


Was not a fan of getting Stanton somewhat due to the dollars, but mainly due to the length of his contract. It is because of contracts like his, and Ellsbury's, that the Yankees are somewhat limited in absorbing money now, to stay under the $197m threshold CBT.




I know it was great to get the MVP of the NL from the previous year, but I don't like this trade, he's not a good hitter, he's a homerun hitter but he has too many bad at bats for me.. Last night he looked completely lost, swinging at pitches he couldn't even reach.. To me he's a guess hitter and if he doesn't guess right, he strikes out..


Call the Angels Ca$hman, I have a trade idea, and I'm betting the Angels would turn it down, trade both Stanton and Judge for Trout and pay a third of Stantons contract.. How many on this board would do that deal ???




Only the idiots. You want to trade the best on base hitter the Yankees have, and the best chance at driving him in, and trade them both for 1 player, who if he gets hurt, that will be it for the team. Not to mention the fact that the Yankees would have to be mighty stupid to not only continue to pay a chunk of Stanton's contract, while also having to pay for Trout's too? Total insanity...The Yankees are close to winning it all right now, but if they made that trade, they would become a .500 team (at best maybe 10 games over) for the next 5 yrs.




I think he was joking around.  Or maybe not ... I'm not sure.




No, I wasn't !!!! 


I would rather have one of Trout than both of Judge-Stanton... I see as a trade for Judge for Trout, Stanton isn't a plus or minus on this team, too many bat at bats.. I'd take the gamble with a better contact hitter to take his spot.. Like I said you can all get on my back but that's the way I feel...




I think the losing is getting to you ... I wouldn't do that deal in a million years.




First thing I'm going to say is, I bet the Angels wouldn't either ?? 2nd tell me your reason you wouldn't ???




It's simple ... Judge and Stanton are better than one Mike Trout ... you need to get a grip.




I'm a little late in aswering your question Mo, someone came to the door..


Here's my reason, and I honestly don't think I need to get a grip... First off in my opinion Trout is better than Judge, he's a more complete hitter, he can hit for average as well as power and will diffenetly strike out a lot less, maybe the two are close in defense, I'll give the edge to Judge with his throwing arm, but that's the only edge I give to Judge.. Now for Stanton, yes he's a power hitter, and was a MVP, but in saying that, I think we could get a hitter that again would be a better average hitter, most likely won't come close to hitting as many homeruns as Stanton does, but he'll strike out a hell of a lot less... Now the next point I want to make, take Stanton's money and you could probably get at least one and a half quality players for what he's costing us.. Next I know we have team control for Judge for a few years but by the time he's going to become elegable for a rainse he's going to get a big one..


These are the main points why I would make a trade like this... But again because I'm on the right track, and you won't agree with me, I'm betting the Angels wouldn't do that trade either because think we would be getting the best of that trade ?? So no need to worry it ain't happening anyways, but again I'd go for this and I'd almost bet Ca$hman would too ???




Page 7 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Giants ready to make some big moves - Mad Bum...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum