Network Forums Yankees How as a fan I think the Yankees are trending....
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
How as a fan I think the Yankees are trending. (yep, it is long).
4 months ago  ::  Jul 12, 2018 - 3:37PM #1
Jpep
Posts: 942
Now that the excuse of it's early is out of the way, let's take a look at what this team is for real.  No personal attacks just reality as I see it as a long time Yankee fan..

Position players:
We have two future New All Stars that are pretty much consistently producing. And producing at a higher level than expected this soon. Torres and Andujar are our future. And they are being raised with Yankee class and a team first attitude. Both Trending upward.


Stanton and Judge are our two monster mashers and they are what they have always been.  Homerun hitting Strike out kings with .260 to .280 Averages and a ton of RBI's.. The nod here goes to Judge because of his ability to be an all around All Star player and on base machine.. Stanton is an average defensive outfielder at best.  Judge is an all star outfielder. Judge has a Rocket launcher for an arm. Stanton's arm is average. Judge runs the bases well, Stanton needs coaching. Both can be streaky also. Both these guys are top shelf Yankee team mates and both have the ability to carry the team on their backs, and will Homer seemingly at any time during a game, down or up, a bunch of runs, or in a tight game. Judge would be breaking RBI records if he was not in the 2 hole. They are who we all knew they would be. Trending as expected.

Those 4 players are the best bet for the Yankees offense right now, and have been, and if they aren't producing, the bit players like Hicks, Gardy, and Romine, do have the ability to pick up the slack with power, and have done that. They also have gotten big hits when the big boppers were stale. Great teammates and Gardy leads the charge when the Yankees seem like they need some energy. Team Tough guy. All three Trending upward.


Didi is in a class by himself. He can do anything at anytime or he can go in a coma. Overall this is a player the Yankees count on for his defense, his arm, his jacking up the troops, and at times his magic wand he calls a bat. Just an all around good player, good person, and his smile is contagious. He is the Yankees social media guru and makes the Yankees have fun, win or lose. He is always trending upward even when he is down.

Bird, and Wade are slowly trending upward but not long enough to get a read on who they really are.  Both have the Yankees support, and have been given a lot of chances to get it going. Bird's power is his strong suit, and Wade's speed is his. They need to step it up, and keep it consistent for a time before a trend can be determined IMO. I still don't know who they will be as Yankees or even if they will be Yankees in 2019. As of now, who knows?

Sanchez is a beast but is having a tough time this season. His DL stint could rejuvenate him to the Hitter he was... time will tell.  His defense has a slight trend up, very slight, and only because of his arm.  One of the most missed bats this season of all! Needs to get back to being Gary. His bat has been  really missed all season so far..

Walker is a seasoned Veteran and a great guy and teammate.  However, to be kind, I will say only that he is not needed at this time or anytime on the existing Yankees team.

Drury came to the Yankees as a hopeful producer at third base, went on the DL, and now at best is a good option as a bench player. He is definitely capable of being a starter but no time or place here to display his goods. Bench option is his best bet for now. Doubtful he will be a Yankee in 2018 and people keep forgetting he could be thrown around  in some sort of trade rental, seems to me.  Same with Walker if a team needs an infield replacement due to injury. Walker just may be out right DFA'd.

I'll do the Pitching tomorrow.  This post is already long but I thought it I wanted to voice my opinion on what I see as a fan. Put all this  offense and defense together and this team can win it all but can not afford the inconsistency in the playoffs from the Strikeout Kings should they choose  to go cold. And, truthfully it can happen. Good results with RISP depends on putting the ball in play in a short series, and Strike out kings worry me in that situation. That's why Andujar and Torres are so important.  They put the bat on the ball. I hate the term, but those 4 could be the new core four.
4 months ago  ::  Jul 12, 2018 - 3:42PM #2
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 73,946

Longgggg ... but I read it ... and it's pretty much on the money ... so let's hope that Cashman doesn't do something stupid like trading Andujar.

4 months ago  ::  Jul 12, 2018 - 4:21PM #3
Jpep
Posts: 942

Jul 12, 2018 -- 3:42PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Longgggg ... but I read it ... and it's pretty much on the money ... so let's hope that Cashman doesn't do something stupid like trading Andujar.





Mo, Cash is shrewd.  I just hope he doesn't outsmart himself in the process. This team needs a solid pitcher and him talking about anything other than getting pitching is really non productive for the Yankees. I think this team as is, except for needing some pitching, and possibly 1st base help can win this whole thing. We will get an idea just how good we are, when we play the Indians upcoming series, because those guys are no joke!

4 months ago  ::  Jul 12, 2018 - 4:24PM #4
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 73,946

Jul 12, 2018 -- 4:21PM, Jpep wrote:


Jul 12, 2018 -- 3:42PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Longgggg ... but I read it ... and it's pretty much on the money ... so let's hope that Cashman doesn't do something stupid like trading Andujar.





Mo, Cash is shrewd.  I just hope he doesn't outsmart himself in the process. This team needs a solid pitcher and him talking about anything other than getting pitching is really non productive for the Yankees. I think this team as is, except for needing some pitching, and possibly 1st base help can win this whole thing. We will get an idea just how good we are, when we play the Indians upcoming series, because those guys are no joke!




We're still not full steam ahead ... Torres and Sanchez are still on the DL ... so I don't know how we are going to do against the Indians ... the pitching is going to have to come through.

4 months ago  ::  Jul 12, 2018 - 6:00PM #5
BigGuy
Posts: 65,695

Well you said it was long. So long I didn't even attempt to read it. I'll wait until it comes out on TV.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
4 months ago  ::  Jul 12, 2018 - 6:12PM #6
Jpep
Posts: 942

Jul 12, 2018 -- 6:00PM, BigGuy wrote:


Well you said it was long. So long I didn't even attempt to read it. I'll wait until it comes out on TV.





Why?...I'll have it on DVD by Saturday. No one watches commercial TV anymore.Laughing

4 months ago  ::  Jul 12, 2018 - 6:16PM #7
BigGuy
Posts: 65,695

Jul 12, 2018 -- 6:12PM, Jpep wrote:


Jul 12, 2018 -- 6:00PM, BigGuy wrote:


Well you said it was long. So long I didn't even attempt to read it. I'll wait until it comes out on TV.





Why?...I'll have it on DVD by Saturday. No one watches commercial TV anymore.Laughing




lol  Good one!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
4 months ago  ::  Jul 12, 2018 - 6:24PM #8
Jpep
Posts: 942

Jul 12, 2018 -- 6:16PM, BigGuy wrote:


Jul 12, 2018 -- 6:12PM, Jpep wrote:


Jul 12, 2018 -- 6:00PM, BigGuy wrote:


Well you said it was long. So long I didn't even attempt to read it. I'll wait until it comes out on TV.





Why?...I'll have it on DVD by Saturday. No one watches commercial TV anymore.Laughing




lol  Good one!





Why thank you.  I'll be here all season, and don't forget to tip your waitress.

4 months ago  ::  Jul 13, 2018 - 4:06AM #9
qwik3457
Posts: 11,332

Jul 12, 2018 -- 3:37PM, Jpep wrote:

Now that the excuse of it's early is out of the way, let's take a look at what this team is for real.  No personal attacks just reality as I see it as a long time Yankee fan..

Position players:
We have two future New All Stars that are pretty much consistently producing. And producing at a higher level than expected this soon. Torres and Andujar are our future. And they are being raised with Yankee class and a team first attitude. Both Trending upward.


Stanton and Judge are our two monster mashers and they are what they have always been.  Homerun hitting Strike out kings with .260 to .280 Averages and a ton of RBI's.. The nod here goes to Judge because of his ability to be an all around All Star player and on base machine.. Stanton is an average defensive outfielder at best.  Judge is an all star outfielder. Judge has a Rocket launcher for an arm. Stanton's arm is average. Judge runs the bases well, Stanton needs coaching. Both can be streaky also. Both these guys are top shelf Yankee team mates and both have the ability to carry the team on their backs, and will Homer seemingly at any time during a game, down or up, a bunch of runs, or in a tight game. Judge would be breaking RBI records if he was not in the 2 hole. They are who we all knew they would be. Trending as expected.

Those 4 players are the best bet for the Yankees offense right now, and have been, and if they aren't producing, the bit players like Hicks, Gardy, and Romine, do have the ability to pick up the slack with power, and have done that. They also have gotten big hits when the big boppers were stale. Great teammates and Gardy leads the charge when the Yankees seem like they need some energy. Team Tough guy. All three Trending upward.


Didi is in a class by himself. He can do anything at anytime or he can go in a coma. Overall this is a player the Yankees count on for his defense, his arm, his jacking up the troops, and at times his magic wand he calls a bat. Just an all around good player, good person, and his smile is contagious. He is the Yankees social media guru and makes the Yankees have fun, win or lose. He is always trending upward even when he is down.

Bird, and Wade are slowly trending upward but not long enough to get a read on who they really are.  Both have the Yankees support, and have been given a lot of chances to get it going. Bird's power is his strong suit, and Wade's speed is his. They need to step it up, and keep it consistent for a time before a trend can be determined IMO. I still don't know who they will be as Yankees or even if they will be Yankees in 2019. As of now, who knows?

Sanchez is a beast but is having a tough time this season. His DL stint could rejuvenate him to the Hitter he was... time will tell.  His defense has a slight trend up, very slight, and only because of his arm.  One of the most missed bats this season of all! Needs to get back to being Gary. His bat has been  really missed all season so far..

Walker is a seasoned Veteran and a great guy and teammate.  However, to be kind, I will say only that he is not needed at this time or anytime on the existing Yankees team.

Drury came to the Yankees as a hopeful producer at third base, went on the DL, and now at best is a good option as a bench player. He is definitely capable of being a starter but no time or place here to display his goods. Bench option is his best bet for now. Doubtful he will be a Yankee in 2018 and people keep forgetting he could be thrown around  in some sort of trade rental, seems to me.  Same with Walker if a team needs an infield replacement due to injury. Walker just may be out right DFA'd.

I'll do the Pitching tomorrow.  This post is already long but I thought it I wanted to voice my opinion on what I see as a fan. Put all this  offense and defense together and this team can win it all but can not afford the inconsistency in the playoffs from the Strikeout Kings should they choose  to go cold. And, truthfully it can happen. Good results with RISP depends on putting the ball in play in a short series, and Strike out kings worry me in that situation. That's why Andujar and Torres are so important.  They put the bat on the ball. I hate the term, but those 4 could be the new core four.



Pretty long, but not as long as some of my dissertations.


Mostly on target. I think you underrate Stanton's defense. He's very good in right field, his natural position, but Judge is clearly better. I think he'll be above average in left field as well, one he gets used to making reads off the bat from the new angle in left.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees How as a fan I think the Yankees are trending....
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum