Network Forums Sport of Politics Rep. Chris Collins indicted on insider trading...
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Rep. Chris Collins indicted on insider trading charges
3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 2:10PM #1
laurenf2
Posts: 7,376

www.cnn.com/2018/08/08/politics/chris-co...

As Collins is indicted for inside trading, can he continue to serve as a Congressman from NY?  If he's removed or resigns then It's up to our Governor to replace him.  This should be interesting....

 As reported...

The GOP would have a "crisis" on its hands if Collins gets convicted this year while running for re-election, and the representative will likely face pressure to resign, said John Coffee, a professor at Columbia Law School.


Vacancies in the Senate. While the U.S. Constitution does not mandate a method by which vacancies in the Senate are to be handled, vacancies can be filled almost immediately by the governor of the former senator's state. The laws of some states require the governor to call a special election to replace U.S. senators.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 2:24PM #2
craner7
Posts: 21,671
Yep my congressman. Really disappointing hope he resigns to give another candidate a shot because democrats are salivating thinking they can steal this solid GOP seat.

See this is what happens if your name isn't Clinton. Should've said he was a cousin of Hillary
3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 2:33PM #3
newinn
Posts: 31,218

yeah, yeah, Hilary, Obama,  those damn Libs and rhinos

3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 2:36PM #4
Max
Posts: 39,902

Aug 8, 2018 -- 2:10PM, laurenf2 wrote:


www.cnn.com/2018/08/08/politics/chris-co...

As Collins is indicted for inside trading, can he continue to serve as a Congressman from NY?  If he's removed or resigns then It's up to our Governor to replace him.  This should be interesting....

 As reported...

The GOP would have a "crisis" on its hands if Collins gets convicted this year while running for re-election, and the representative will likely face pressure to resign, said John Coffee, a professor at Columbia Law School.


Vacancies in the Senate. While the U.S. Constitution does not mandate a method by which vacancies in the Senate are to be handled, vacancies can be filled almost immediately by the governor of the former senator's state. The laws of some states require the governor to call a special election to replace U.S. senators.




.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 2:46PM #5
MajorYankFan
Posts: 29,209

‘Completely idiotic — the dumbest insider trading crime I’ve ever seen’: CNN analyst examines allegations against Chris Collins


“It’s completely idiotic,” said CNN legal analyst Paul Callan. “It’s the dumbest insider trading crime I’ve ever seen.”


Given an unencrypted cell phone was apparently used from the grounds of the White House, the details almost defy believability, said CNN’s Dana Bash.

3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 2:49PM #6
Max
Posts: 39,902

Aug 8, 2018 -- 2:24PM, craner7 wrote:

Yep my congressman. Really disappointing hope he resigns to give another candidate a shot because democrats are salivating thinking they can steal this solid GOP seat. See this is what happens if your name isn't Clinton. Should've said he was a cousin of Hillary





(borrowed but it fits here) Yeah that's it, play the Hillary card AGAIN, when you have no actual argument even though she's no longer in political office and has nothing to do with this topic. 

.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 2:54PM #7
MajorYankFan
Posts: 29,209

Aug 8, 2018 -- 2:49PM, Max wrote:


Aug 8, 2018 -- 2:24PM, craner7 wrote:

Yep my congressman. Really disappointing hope he resigns to give another candidate a shot because democrats are salivating thinking they can steal this solid GOP seat. See this is what happens if your name isn't Clinton. Should've said he was a cousin of Hillary





(borrowed but it fits here) Yeah that's it, play the Hillary card AGAIN, when you have no actual argument even though she's no longer in political office and has nothing to do with this topic. 




Craner has a bad case of Clinton Derangement Syndrome: Proof be damned,


she has to be guilty of something.


3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 3:11PM #8
MajorYankFan
Posts: 29,209
Trump Cabinet Member Wilbur Ross accused of stealing more than $120 million in financial fees: Report

3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 3:17PM #9
Max
Posts: 39,902

Remember when House Republicans vowed to have 'zero tolerance' for ethics scandals?



Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI) did not call on indicted Rep. Chris Collins to step down.






thinkprogress.org/house-gop-broken-promi... via @thinkprogress

.
3 months ago  ::  Aug 08, 2018 - 3:30PM #10
Max
Posts: 39,902

Indicted Rep. Chris Collins shows why members of Congress should not trade stocks



nordic.businessinsider.com/chris-collins...

.
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics Rep. Chris Collins indicted on insider trading...
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum