Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
About this Series Loss.....
2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 3:34PM #1
Bats
Posts: 7,985
Hello YES Messageboard people,

I know you are all reeling from the devasting series loss to the Red Sox, because I am, as well. However, it's ok ..... because the team is heading in the right direction.

I have said this, time and time before, again and again.....PITCHING , PITCHING, PITCHING! Pitching is what wins. It's a 100% certainty! We just didn't have the pitching, that's all. The only pitcher that showed up was Masahiro Tanaka and that should be of no surprise to anyone. Tanaka can go 0-20 in the regular season, but when he goes up against a great pitcher , he pitches like he is 20-0. IMO, I think he gets bored during the regular season, but when it matters, he shows up. I am very disappointed with Luis Severino. Sevy should have performed better and he should have battled better. Regular season pitchers are not the same as post season pitchers. We need post season pitchers. However, this does not mean that the Yankees need to stray from it's current course and start buying free agent pitchers again. Remember when the Star Wars Guy wanted the Yankees to "buy" Yu Darvish? LOL..no, no, no. Over 35 years of Yankee fandom tells, me that not all star pitchers can pitch well, wearing the Yankee uniform.

Look,...who am I kidding? I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees go out and sign Harper and/or Machado, because historically that what they do. However, if those guys were on our team, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of this series. Spend the money on pitching!

Also, Aaron Boone has done a magnificent job in his YEAR ONE, as Yankee manager. LOL...One hundred WINS, from a guy who most people said was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Inexperienced to be any good as a manager.

I was not able to comment on this before, so I'll do so now. I love the transacations Cashman pulled before and after the trade deadline. For the exception of Zach Britton, I would offer all the 2018 newcomers one year deals, if we need them. As for our vets, Gardy is okay to "extend" because it would only be for a year. If the Yankees chose not to do so, that would be fine with me. CC has to be okay to take another one year deal, or else his career in pinstripes will have to be over.

As we approach the MLB offseason, we will need to "step back" in order to make a giant leap forward in terms of the roster. I have said this before and I'll say it again, it's okay going into the season with an incomplete team. That is what the trade deadline, in July, is for....to complete the team. The Yankees need to evaluate the players and cut loose all those who will expectedly experience skill erosion in the upcoming years. Trade them, so we can get prospects back. On the flipside, we need to look carefully scope the pool of young MLB players who are obtainable via trade, and be ready to trade our prospects for them. For the Yankees to win World Series year after year....they need the pitching. For me, I want #1 strikeout pitchers.

LOL...this fantasy of a new "Murderer's ROW" will never ever ever happen.

PITCHING!!!!  Grrrrr......


We also can't have this mentality or policy of "going with the kids", because it has never proven to work. We also can't have the mentality or policy of "buy free agents" because that too, doesn't work. The last thing we want/need is for the Yankees to spend a half billion dollars on a player, who will end up being useless. Hal should stick to a "loose" budget again this offseason. In that way, Cash will have the fun task of letting players go, in order to bring some player(s) in. It worked very well this season. It will continue to work well....EVERY SEASON.

To be honest, I haven't been able to watch much of Yankee baseball because....

I am now an Assistant US Attorney! After I got back from vacay a few months ago, I was offered this incredible opportunity that I accepted. So, instead of being a defense a corporate (and personal) defense attorney, I am now going to go after BAD GUYS with the backing of the United States Government. I was wondering, was it because of my impeccable and impressive WINS and Settlements record? Was it because of the fact that, I am a ferocious litigator, one who brings a mixture intimidation and intensity to the courthouse, that leaves my adversaries peeing in their pants? LOL...maybe. Maybe if I have enough experiences in this job, I'll one day write a book about a guy named Bats going after bad guys. LOL...I'm joking. I can be such a joker, ya know. I have always look at YES Board as another "family" of mine. I know who the trolls are and I know who are the "Good Guys."Even though, I disagree with a lot of Yankee fans here in the boards because they were wrong and proven to be wrong later (while I was right along), I consider them one of the "Good Guys." I am giving you guys this information for a reason. Hint* Hint* If any of you ever need help for anything, you know where to find or summon me...or should I make some kind of signal for you?


-Bats out
2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 4:54PM #2
newinn
Posts: 31,553

Congrats Bats.  Go get them bad guys

2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 4:58PM #3
Lulu
Posts: 3,168

Bernie and Kay are right . A  homerun dependent team is not  going to win  in the post season.

2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 7:55PM #4
Jeff Edwards
Posts: 607

We lost to the much better team. We will not win a ws unless we have strikeout big game pitchers. Severino is a joke and should be a # 3 at best. He should be starting game 3 or 4 of series. If we do not win next season, than I am afraid our window will close. THis Red Sox team will only improve. 



We do need a mre balanced lineup, but more importantly, we need aces. The only pitcher on our staff that is worth a damn is Tanaka. CC was good too, but age caught up to him.

2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 8:02PM #5
Cocopugg
Posts: 6,357

Oct 10, 2018 -- 3:34PM, Bats wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees go out and sign Harper and/or Machado



It wouldn't surprise me either, since this is what management always does when they can't land an ace in order to disguise the team's problems. This way fans will still pack the seats, and come playoff time, without 2 #1 aces, the team will choke yet again.

2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 8:03PM #6
Cocopugg
Posts: 6,357

Oct 10, 2018 -- 4:54PM, newinn wrote:


Congrats Bats.  Go get them bad guys




He IS the bad guy now, without knowing it.

2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 8:30PM #7
luvdayanks
Posts: 25,033

Oct 10, 2018 -- 8:02PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Oct 10, 2018 -- 3:34PM, Bats wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees go out and sign Harper and/or Machado



It wouldn't surprise me either, since this is what management always does when they can't land an ace in order to disguise the team's problems. This way fans will still pack the seats, and come playoff time, without 2 #1 aces, the team will choke yet again.




The  season  is over I thought you  were  going  fishing? Go.

2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 8:37PM #8
Cocopugg
Posts: 6,357

Oct 10, 2018 -- 8:30PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Oct 10, 2018 -- 8:02PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Oct 10, 2018 -- 3:34PM, Bats wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees go out and sign Harper and/or Machado



It wouldn't surprise me either, since this is what management always does when they can't land an ace in order to disguise the team's problems. This way fans will still pack the seats, and come playoff time, without 2 #1 aces, the team will choke yet again.




The  season  is over I thought you  were  going  fishing? Go.




No, you minsunderstood, I said the Yankees would be fishing after Boonehead decided not to play Andujar (in favor of Walker), and on top of that genius move he also benched Cutch as well...just more of his brilliance (to add to letting CC go longer than he should've, which was to be expected). Now I can go! Cool

2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 8:40PM #9
hampfan
Posts: 3,217

Oct 10, 2018 -- 8:30PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Oct 10, 2018 -- 8:02PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Oct 10, 2018 -- 3:34PM, Bats wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees go out and sign Harper and/or Machado



It wouldn't surprise me either, since this is what management always does when they can't land an ace in order to disguise the team's problems. This way fans will still pack the seats, and come playoff time, without 2 #1 aces, the team will choke yet again.




The  season  is over I thought you  were  going  fishing? Go.




Machado's irrelevant on this team--Andujar should've been in the starting lineup at the end, what nonsense not to let him--but if we sign Harper, we'll take down the Red Sox HARD next year. I firmly believe that. Of course, as you constantly say we need another shut-down starter, whether it's Corbin and/or Happ (who'll beat the Sox next time around). And we can hope that Martinzz opts out and leaves the Sox bereft of the power that let them win.

2 months ago  ::  Oct 10, 2018 - 8:49PM #10
Cocopugg
Posts: 6,357

Oct 10, 2018 -- 8:40PM, hampfan wrote:


Oct 10, 2018 -- 8:30PM, luvdayanks wrote:


Oct 10, 2018 -- 8:02PM, Cocopugg wrote:


Oct 10, 2018 -- 3:34PM, Bats wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees go out and sign Harper and/or Machado



It wouldn't surprise me either, since this is what management always does when they can't land an ace in order to disguise the team's problems. This way fans will still pack the seats, and come playoff time, without 2 #1 aces, the team will choke yet again.




The  season  is over I thought you  were  going  fishing? Go.




Machado's irrelevant on this team--Andujar should've been in the starting lineup at the end, what nonsense not to let him--but if we sign Harper, we'll take down the Red Sox HARD next year. I firmly believe that. Of course, as you constantly say we need another shut-down starter, whether it's Corbin and/or Happ (who'll beat the Sox next time around). And we can hope that Martinzz opts out and leaves the Sox bereft of the power that let them win.




Always nice to see how delusional our fan base continues to be, thinking signing Harper or Machado (or both) will stop Sale, Evoldi, or Porcello in the post season, when we saw how well we did this off-season. And don't get me started on Verlander, Cole, and whoever else the Astros may have. Let's face it, the Yankees are buried in this point in history with being the 3rd or 4th best team in baseball, living in the shadows of the Sox and Astros for at least another 2 or 3 more yrs. Let's hope our guys aren't too old, and we come across a couple of dominant aces by then and maybe, just maybe, we might be able to steal a World Championship by 2025.

Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum