Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 3 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
$15 living wage
8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 4:46PM #21
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 15,626

Nov 6, 2018 -- 4:38PM, newinn wrote:


Nov 6, 2018 -- 4:35PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Nov 6, 2018 -- 4:32PM, Max wrote:


Meanwhile, while Trump has his supporters distracted by watching the caravan. He should be angry and complaining about what's going on in Wisconsin, especially after the tax break that company got. 




Oops: Trump’s Foxconn Deal Is Creating Wisconsin Jobs for Chinese Workers


After Wisconsin taxpayers gifted the company $4.5 billion in subsidies.


www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11/trumps-f...




Are they earning a living wage?





you put far too much confidence in big business LL. I've seen it from the inside




Not big business, I want to expose the giants to competition from every angle.  I would never want the airline I work for to be "the airline."   The success of competitors is as important to me and my compensation as the success of my employer.  We should be encouraging entrepreneurship.


8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 5:05PM #22
realglenn
Posts: 3,300

Nov 6, 2018 -- 3:46PM, 2BBobby wrote:


Nov 6, 2018 -- 3:38PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Well the minimum wage in Seattle has been a temporary middle class pay cut for anyone under contract or that hasn’t negotiated a wage increase yet.




~~~~~


Gotta tell you LL...if you truly believe there should be no minimum wage then there really isn't any point in further discussion. You're obviously a thinker, but you think only in abstract terms. Your brand of "libertarianism" is unrealistic and unworkable. 




Move to Venezuela. You'll be wildly happy and maybe report back to us how to achieve that Earthly Nirvana. 

8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 5:09PM #23
2BBobby
Posts: 3,912

Nov 6, 2018 -- 4:41PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


If a living wage is so important why can't we get Democrats to agree to national E-Verify?  I would have to think with more than 22 million living in the shadows some of the people "doing jobs that Americans won't do" are being compensated in ways you consider "unrealistic and unworkable." The only thing worse than bad legislation is selective enforcement.




~~~~~~~~~~~
Even a skilled bob & weave boxer must eventually throw a punch to score points...but I'll play along.


If you're suggesting that legit jobs like those in meat packing plants, etc. are being held by people being paid below minimum wage you're wrong. If you believe those jobs are being taken away from American workers...you're wrong. Those companies go begging for workers, and not because of low pay. If you believe the menial, back breaking jobs that are currently being filled by immigrants would realize a rush of American applicants if they weren't here....HA!


The blame for taking advantage of desperate people goes right were it should...the employer.

8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 5:13PM #24
2BBobby
Posts: 3,912

Nov 6, 2018 -- 5:05PM, realglenn wrote:


Move to Venezuela. You'll be wildly happy and maybe report back to us how to achieve that Earthly Nirvana. 




I think I'll stay right here...neanderthals like you don't make the rules, as much as you'd like.


Isn't it about time you checked on your backyard still?

8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 6:22PM #25
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 15,626

Nov 6, 2018 -- 5:09PM, 2BBobby wrote:


Nov 6, 2018 -- 4:41PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


If a living wage is so important why can't we get Democrats to agree to national E-Verify?  I would have to think with more than 22 million living in the shadows some of the people "doing jobs that Americans won't do" are being compensated in ways you consider "unrealistic and unworkable." The only thing worse than bad legislation is selective enforcement.




~~~~~~~~~~~
Even a skilled bob & weave boxer must eventually throw a punch to score points...but I'll play along.


If you're suggesting that legit jobs like those in meat packing plants, etc. are being held by people being paid below minimum wage you're wrong. If you believe those jobs are being taken away from American workers...you're wrong. Those companies go begging for workers, and not because of low pay. If you believe the menial, back breaking jobs that are currently being filled by immigrants would realize a rush of American applicants if they weren't here....HA!


The blame for taking advantage of desperate people goes right were it should...the employer.




That’s a straw man, of course there are skilled illegal immigrants and there are also unskilled ones.  All the labor laws; vacation, overtime, FMLA, the ACA, etc.  They can’t demand it all because some they don’t qualify for and they risk deportatio if they report their employer.  Enforce E-Verify.  There are certainly day laborers and people in the fields not getting minimum wage and their required breaks.  If it is inhumane not to have this legislation then enforce it.


What demands can a person with no GED or grasp of the native language make?  They get exploited usually by their own and take what they can get.  Look who is operating the kiosks in the malls in border and port cities.

8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 6:23PM #26
realglenn
Posts: 3,300

I thought you'd want to live in a place where all your favorite policies are in effect.  Has to be Nirvana for you.

8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 6:32PM #27
realglenn
Posts: 3,300

Nov 6, 2018 -- 5:13PM, 2BBobby wrote:


Nov 6, 2018 -- 5:05PM, realglenn wrote:


Move to Venezuela. You'll be wildly happy and maybe report back to us how to achieve that Earthly Nirvana. 




I think I'll stay right here...neanderthals like you don't make the rules, as much as you'd like.


Isn't it about time you checked on your backyard still?




I gather this Democrat was not you:


A Democrat found a magic genie lamp and rubbed it ...

A genie appeared and said, “I will grant you one wish”

The Democrat said, “I wish i was smarter”

And POOF! The genie made him a Republican ...

8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 6:41PM #28
2BBobby
Posts: 3,912

Nov 6, 2018 -- 6:23PM, realglenn wrote:


I thought you'd want to live in a place where all your favorite policies are in effect.  Has to be Nirvana for you.




You're an imbecile, and have no idea what my "favorite policies" are. I choose to live here, in the country I love and have proudly served. Unfortunately, there are enough of your ilk to suggest we, as a society and a country, are circling the drain.


That's something over which I have no control.

8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 6:49PM #29
2BBobby
Posts: 3,912

Nov 6, 2018 -- 6:22PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


That’s a straw man, of course there are skilled illegal immigrants and there are also unskilled ones.  All the labor laws; vacation, overtime, FMLA, the ACA, etc.  They can’t demand it all because some they don’t qualify for and they risk deportatio if they report their employer.  Enforce E-Verify.  There are certainly day laborers and people in the fields not getting minimum wage and their required breaks.  If it is inhumane not to have this legislation then enforce it.


What demands can a person with no GED or grasp of the native language make?  They get exploited usually by their own and take what they can get.  Look who is operating the kiosks in the malls in border and port cities.




~~~~~~~~~


Since your responses more often than not ignore the central question, I'll employ your tactics.


"All the labor laws; vacation, overtime, FMLA, the ACA, etc."


Considering your general "libertarian" philosophy, is it fair and accurate to assume you'd prefer to see no laws regarding employer/employee regulations, benefits, etc.?

8 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2018 - 6:52PM #30
bertram
Posts: 8,062

Nov 6, 2018 -- 6:49PM, 2BBobby wrote:


Nov 6, 2018 -- 6:22PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


That’s a straw man, of course there are skilled illegal immigrants and there are also unskilled ones.  All the labor laws; vacation, overtime, FMLA, the ACA, etc.  They can’t demand it all because some they don’t qualify for and they risk deportatio if they report their employer.  Enforce E-Verify.  There are certainly day laborers and people in the fields not getting minimum wage and their required breaks.  If it is inhumane not to have this legislation then enforce it.


What demands can a person with no GED or grasp of the native language make?  They get exploited usually by their own and take what they can get.  Look who is operating the kiosks in the malls in border and port cities.




~~~~~~~~~


Since your responses more often than not ignore the central question, I'll employ your tactics.


"All the labor laws; vacation, overtime, FMLA, the ACA, etc."


Considering your general "libertarian" philosophy, is it fair and accurate to assume you'd prefer to see no laws regarding employer/employee regulations, benefits, etc.?




Somalia is the Libertarian utopia...


Page 3 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum