Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 Next
Sessions Resigns...
1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 8:00AM #41
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 17,194

Nov 8, 2018 -- 7:53AM, MajorYankFan wrote:


Nov 8, 2018 -- 7:48AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Nov 8, 2018 -- 7:46AM, MajorYankFan wrote:


Nov 8, 2018 -- 7:40AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Nov 8, 2018 -- 7:20AM, MajorYankFan wrote:


Nov 8, 2018 -- 5:04AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Nov 7, 2018 -- 9:51PM, laurenf2 wrote:


I have said repeatedly, if Mueller finish his investigation.  Whatever the outcome, many DEMs will accept his conclusions.




I think you are being way too optimistic.  The investigation can go on for a decade and most Democrats will find it inadequate and incomplete if heads don’t roll.  Even if it ends this year if there is not concrete irrefutable evidence that the President stole the election in league with foreign powers Republicans will see it as partisan gamesmanship designed to stymie their agenda and will be looking for payback.


Those are my best case scenario guesses. 




You are assuming that the Dems will behave like RepubliCONs.


Republicans Weaponized the House. Now, Democrats Will Use It Against Trump





I am assuming they will double-down and be worse.  I keep preaching about precedent.  Should Trump use the Obama play book and exercise Executive Privilege on the subpoenas for his cabinet?




Again, you are assuming that the Dems will behave like RepubliCONs.




I take them at their words




What words? 




All the election posturing from future committee Chairs like Schiff, ****s, and Waters.

1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:12AM #42
bertram
Posts: 10,303

It's time for Americans to revisit films like "Good Night, And Good Luck" and "All The President's Men".  Trump is taking America toward a constitutional crisis and the press needs to keep putting pressure on him and calling him out on his lies, his attempts at censoring, his Justice Department tampering and his fearmongering.

1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:19AM #43
laurenf2
Posts: 9,401

Obstruction of justice comes to mind is Whitaker/Trump has thoughts of eliminating Mueller....Less we remember 2019 is just around the corner where DEMS controls the House.

1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:22AM #44
bertram
Posts: 10,303

Nov 8, 2018 -- 9:19AM, laurenf2 wrote:


Obstruction of justice comes to mind is Whitaker/Trump has thoughts of eliminating Mueller....Less we remember 2019 is just around the corner where DEMS controls the House.




"Obstruction of justice"


Absolutely!

1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:33AM #45
newinn
Posts: 34,094

I think Trump is smart enough to realize if he gets rid of Mueller, he's done as President. The report will still come out and I believe he will enrage the majority of everyone except his base. I think he has a better chance of surviving Mueller completing his investigation and then turning it over to Congress

1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:45AM #46
laurenf2
Posts: 9,401
Ginsburg  hospitalized for a fractured rib.  GOPs must be measuring her coffin as we speak
1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:46AM #47
laurenf2
Posts: 9,401

Nov 8, 2018 -- 9:33AM, newinn wrote:


I think Trump is smart enough to realize if he gets rid of Mueller, he's done as President. The report will still come out and I believe he will enrage the majority of everyone except his base. I think he has a better chance of surviving Mueller completing his investigation and then turning it over to Congress




You give Trump too much credit in the "smart" category 

1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:47AM #48
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 77,797

Nov 8, 2018 -- 9:45AM, laurenf2 wrote:

Ginsburg hospitalized for a fractured rib. GOPs must be measuring her coffin as we speak




3 fractured ribs

1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:49AM #49
newinn
Posts: 34,094

Nov 8, 2018 -- 9:46AM, laurenf2 wrote:


Nov 8, 2018 -- 9:33AM, newinn wrote:


I think Trump is smart enough to realize if he gets rid of Mueller, he's done as President. The report will still come out and I believe he will enrage the majority of everyone except his base. I think he has a better chance of surviving Mueller completing his investigation and then turning it over to Congress




You give Trump too much credit in the "smart" category 




I don't underestimate him lauren. In some ways he's dumb like a Fox. Look at how he continues to dupe his loyal followers while establishing policies that hurt them

1 year ago  ::  Nov 08, 2018 - 9:50AM #50
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 77,797

Nov 8, 2018 -- 9:49AM, newinn wrote:


Nov 8, 2018 -- 9:46AM, laurenf2 wrote:


Nov 8, 2018 -- 9:33AM, newinn wrote:


I think Trump is smart enough to realize if he gets rid of Mueller, he's done as President. The report will still come out and I believe he will enrage the majority of everyone except his base. I think he has a better chance of surviving Mueller completing his investigation and then turning it over to Congress




You give Trump too much credit in the "smart" category 




I don't underestimate him lauren. In some ways he's dumb like a Fox. Look at how he continues to dupe his loyal followers while establishing policies that hurt them





He's the best liar I've ever seen.

Page 5 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum