Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 39  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 Next
Pelosi
8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 3:28PM #41
meacham
Posts: 3,675

Feb 9, 2019 -- 2:52PM, Max wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 2:06PM, meacham wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 1:58PM, bertram wrote:


Publicity means that more pressure will be brought to bear on Republicans.  That's a win-win-win...for AOC, for Dems and for the country.




Yes please, shine a bright spotlight on AOC for all to see.   Win-win-win.  For the GOP and Trump at least.





It would be a win win for the democrats if your prediction turns out to be as good as the one you made for the 2018 election. 




What happened to that Blue Wave in the Senate then Max?


Why didn't the GOP lose more of the House than Obama did in his first term?


Seemed like a small little wave to me.  All it bought the Dems is enough rope to hang themselves with, which they are now doing.


Another SCOTUS pick looms too - remind me again, who approves them?   Did the Dems Wave give them enough power to block a Justice they don't want?

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 4:29PM #42
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 76,667

For the AOC lovers, keep hitching your wagon to her and you will find Trump back in the White House in 2020 ... which is something most of us don't want to see.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 4:35PM #43
bertram
Posts: 9,404

Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:29PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


For the AOC lovers, keep hitching your wagon to her and you will find Trump back in the White House in 2020 ... which is something most of us don't want to see.




Trump will be lucky he doesn't get booted out of office first...or primaried.  

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 4:35PM #44
laurenf2
Posts: 9,400

Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:29PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


For the AOC lovers, keep hitching your wagon to her and you will find Trump back in the White House in 2020 ... which is something most of us don't want to see.




I don't get the adoration as she hasn't done anything of significance besides blustering. I'll take the wait and see approach.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 4:36PM #45
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 76,667

Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:35PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:29PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


For the AOC lovers, keep hitching your wagon to her and you will find Trump back in the White House in 2020 ... which is something most of us don't want to see.




Trump will be lucky he doesn't get booted out of office first...or primaried.  




I'm praying that happens ... don't want to see him in the White House any longer than necessary.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 4:40PM #46
bertram
Posts: 9,404

Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:35PM, laurenf2 wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:29PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


For the AOC lovers, keep hitching your wagon to her and you will find Trump back in the White House in 2020 ... which is something most of us don't want to see.




I don't get the adoration as she hasn't done anything of significance besides blustering. I'll take the wait and see approach.




The reason all the attention is being directed at a mere freshman representative is that her ideas resonate with people who are tired of seeing gridlock prevent the country from moving forward on pressing issues.  Young people are tired of pleading with unresponsive lawmakers who cave in to special interests, corporations and wealthy donors instead of passing what the majority of Americans want.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 4:42PM #47
laurenf2
Posts: 9,400

Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:35PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:29PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


For the AOC lovers, keep hitching your wagon to her and you will find Trump back in the White House in 2020 ... which is something most of us don't want to see.




Trump will be lucky he doesn't get booted out of office first...or primaried.  




With a GOP controlled senate, Trump will not get booted. Frustrating as it will be, whatever report from Mueller's direction will be redacted for the populace. 


Sad to say, best hope is to send him packing 2020...Hopefully SDNY will take care of business when Trump exits from WH.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 4:48PM #48
newinn
Posts: 33,371

Feb 9, 2019 -- 2:01PM, yank0428 wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 1:58PM, bertram wrote:


Publicity means that more pressure will be brought to bear on Republicans.  That's a win-win-win...for AOC, for Dems and for the country.




They keep going more to the left I think you and others will be surprised in 2020.




I agree and that is my concern

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 4:58PM #49
bertram
Posts: 9,404

Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:48PM, newinn wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 2:01PM, yank0428 wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 1:58PM, bertram wrote:


Publicity means that more pressure will be brought to bear on Republicans.  That's a win-win-win...for AOC, for Dems and for the country.




They keep going more to the left I think you and others will be surprised in 2020.




I agree and that is my concern




I'm sure that part of the perfect storm that defeated Clinton was that many who voted for Trump were thinking/hoping he would return to his Dem roots once he gained power.  That didn't happen.  And suffice to say, those who thought that Donnie would be a breath of fresh air to Washington and would drain the swamp were sadly let down.  30+% of Americans are not gonna re-elect The Orange Menace.  And I think you are underestimating the support around the country for progressive changes.  Look at how many progressive state and local ballot initiatives have passed in the last two elections.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 09, 2019 - 5:02PM #50
newinn
Posts: 33,371

Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:58PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 4:48PM, newinn wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 2:01PM, yank0428 wrote:


Feb 9, 2019 -- 1:58PM, bertram wrote:


Publicity means that more pressure will be brought to bear on Republicans.  That's a win-win-win...for AOC, for Dems and for the country.




They keep going more to the left I think you and others will be surprised in 2020.




I agree and that is my concern




I'm sure that part of the perfect storm that defeated Clinton was that many who voted for Trump were thinking/hoping he would return to his Dem roots once he gained power.  That didn't happen.  And suffice to say, those who thought that Donnie would be a breath of fresh air to Washington and would drain the swamp were sadly let down.  30+% of Americans are not gonna re-elect The Orange Menace.  And I think you are underestimating the support around the country for progressive changes.  Look at how many progressive state and local ballot initiatives have passed in the last two elections.




perhaps I am underestimating the progressive movement but I think that faction of the Democrat Party forcing Hillary to move further left then she was cost her votes. I'm far more centrist then almost all of the posters here. I'm more in tune with lauren.

Page 5 of 39  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum