Network Forums Sport of Politics What if there were 42 million at the border?
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
What if there were 42 million at the border?
8 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 12:12PM #11
bertram
Posts: 9,372

Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:10PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:05PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:00PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


I believe in Trump's call for a wall ... one of the rare things I agree with with him ... but I don't like the way he is trying to get the money to do it ... he has to negotiate a deal for it ... and he can if he allowed the dreamers to have citizenship ... that would get him his wall money.


Besides that I think everything should be done that can be done to keep illegal immigrants out of this Country ... we are a Country of laws.




The single most consistent and counterproductive abuse of our immigration laws has been the almost complete failure to enforce the laws against employers hiring illegals.  Had those laws been enforced with real consequences, so much of the motivation for people to come here would have been removed.  As it played out, illegals knew that if they could just get here there would be jobs waiting for them.




They don't have the tools, we need National E-Verify.




The corporate death penalty for companies that hire illegals would have done wonders and still could.  And stiff penalties for individual violators.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 12:16PM #12
bertram
Posts: 9,372

Uhhh-ohhh...breaking news now that wall negotiations have stalled in Congress with the deadline coming up this week.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 12:20PM #13
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 16,978

Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:16PM, bertram wrote:


Uhhh-ohhh...breaking news now that wall negotiations have stalled in Congress with the deadline coming up this week.




Democrats are demanding a cap on ICE detention beds forcing catch and release.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 12:20PM #14
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 16,978

Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:12PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:10PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:05PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:00PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


I believe in Trump's call for a wall ... one of the rare things I agree with with him ... but I don't like the way he is trying to get the money to do it ... he has to negotiate a deal for it ... and he can if he allowed the dreamers to have citizenship ... that would get him his wall money.


Besides that I think everything should be done that can be done to keep illegal immigrants out of this Country ... we are a Country of laws.




The single most consistent and counterproductive abuse of our immigration laws has been the almost complete failure to enforce the laws against employers hiring illegals.  Had those laws been enforced with real consequences, so much of the motivation for people to come here would have been removed.  As it played out, illegals knew that if they could just get here there would be jobs waiting for them.




They don't have the tools, we need National E-Verify.




The corporate death penalty for companies that hire illegals would have done wonders and still could.  And stiff penalties for individual violators.




Fine but National E-Verify has to be a part of that or something the equivelent of.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 12:43PM #15
bertram
Posts: 9,372

Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:20PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:12PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:10PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:05PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:00PM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


I believe in Trump's call for a wall ... one of the rare things I agree with with him ... but I don't like the way he is trying to get the money to do it ... he has to negotiate a deal for it ... and he can if he allowed the dreamers to have citizenship ... that would get him his wall money.


Besides that I think everything should be done that can be done to keep illegal immigrants out of this Country ... we are a Country of laws.




The single most consistent and counterproductive abuse of our immigration laws has been the almost complete failure to enforce the laws against employers hiring illegals.  Had those laws been enforced with real consequences, so much of the motivation for people to come here would have been removed.  As it played out, illegals knew that if they could just get here there would be jobs waiting for them.




They don't have the tools, we need National E-Verify.




The corporate death penalty for companies that hire illegals would have done wonders and still could.  And stiff penalties for individual violators.




Fine but National E-Verify has to be a part of that or something the equivelent of.




Seems there are many concerns about invasions of public privacy with both the E-Verify and National Voter ID programs.  It's a trade-off, to be sure.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 12:51PM #16
yank0428
Posts: 17,349

Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:20PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:16PM, bertram wrote:


Uhhh-ohhh...breaking news now that wall negotiations have stalled in Congress with the deadline coming up this week.




Democrats are demanding a cap on ICE detention beds forcing catch and release.




So they disappear into the wind.  Have to protect the future Dem voters.

8 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 1:00PM #17
bertram
Posts: 9,372

Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:51PM, yank0428 wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:20PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:16PM, bertram wrote:


Uhhh-ohhh...breaking news now that wall negotiations have stalled in Congress with the deadline coming up this week.




Democrats are demanding a cap on ICE detention beds forcing catch and release.




So they disappear into the wind.  Have to protect the future Dem voters.




The majority of Americans do not want huge sums of money to be allocated to a wall.  You have to come to terms with the idea that the will of the majority should be respected.  

8 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 2:04PM #18
meacham
Posts: 3,675

Feb 10, 2019 -- 1:00PM, bertram wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:51PM, yank0428 wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:20PM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 12:16PM, bertram wrote:


Uhhh-ohhh...breaking news now that wall negotiations have stalled in Congress with the deadline coming up this week.




Democrats are demanding a cap on ICE detention beds forcing catch and release.




So they disappear into the wind.  Have to protect the future Dem voters.




The majority of Americans do not want huge sums of money to be allocated to a wall.  You have to come to terms with the idea that the will of the majority should be respected.  




Link?   Or do you have a direct tap in to people's opinions?   You've been known to make faulty claims in the past Bert.


Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Sport of Politics What if there were 42 million at the border?
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum