Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Overton Window
5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 8:35AM #1
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 15,639
We have government forcing bakeries, flourists, photographers, etc. to take on clients they are uncomfortable with because of their faith.

The left wants single payer healthcare and the elimination of for profit insurance.

Should the government be able to force an obstetrician or gynecologist to perform abortions if it goes against their faith?

Keep in mind that it is extremely rare that a medical condition would threaten the life of the mother and a C-section wouldn't be just as safe a solution.
5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 9:39AM #2
meacham
Posts: 3,675

Feb 10, 2019 -- 8:35AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

We have government forcing bakeries, flourists, photographers, etc. to take on clients they are uncomfortable with because of their faith.

The left wants single payer healthcare and the elimination of for profit insurance.

Should the government be able to force an obstetrician or gynecologist to perform abortions if it goes against their faith?

Keep in mind that it is extremely rare that a medical condition would threaten the life of the mother and a C-section wouldn't be just as safe a solution.



Because of their faith - if that faith happens to be Christian.   Have you ever heard of any Muslim bakeries or businesses put to such scrutiny?   There's an agenda there to smear Christianity, especially when it's practiced by white people.   This is your modern left.


And no, they should not be able to force anyone to work against their will which is slavery.   But for all intent, if only the government pays doctors, then the government can determine who practices as they can cut a Dr off - kind of like how companies like Pay Pal and Patreon have done to those with conservative values, or how some banks won't load to companies who donate to the GOP or NRA.

5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 9:46AM #3
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 15,639

Feb 10, 2019 -- 9:39AM, meacham wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 8:35AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:

We have government forcing bakeries, flourists, photographers, etc. to take on clients they are uncomfortable with because of their faith.

The left wants single payer healthcare and the elimination of for profit insurance.

Should the government be able to force an obstetrician or gynecologist to perform abortions if it goes against their faith?

Keep in mind that it is extremely rare that a medical condition would threaten the life of the mother and a C-section wouldn't be just as safe a solution.



Because of their faith - if that faith happens to be Christian.   Have you ever heard of any Muslim bakeries or businesses put to such scrutiny?   There's an agenda there to smear Christianity, especially when it's practiced by white people.   This is your modern left.


And no, they should not be able to force anyone to work against their will which is slavery.   But for all intent, if only the government pays doctors, then the government can determine who practices as they can cut a Dr off - kind of like how companies like Pay Pal and Patreon have done to those with conservative values, or how some banks won't load to companies who donate to the GOP or NRA.




I wonder if supporters of the left stop to consider this?  Clearly this is the end game of those at the forefront.  It's not about access, it's about a cultural change.  It being unacceptable to acknowledge the fetus is a living human.

5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 10:44AM #4
bertram
Posts: 8,063

Yeah, it would be criminal to "force" doctors to abide by the law of the land...................................


There are plenty of other professions available to people who refuse to grant a woman's right to choose.  Gotta laugh out loud at people who demand that immigration laws be strictly enforced while at the same time claim it's OK not to enforce Roe vs. Wade.

5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 10:52AM #5
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 15,639

Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:44AM, bertram wrote:


Yeah, it would be criminal to "force" doctors to abide by the law of the land...................................


There are plenty of other professions available to people who refuse to grant a woman's right to choose.  




At least you are honest.  So if a person takes on the expense and training to preserve life they must be willing to extinguish it on demand? Wow.

5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 10:54AM #6
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 15,639

Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:44AM, bertram wrote:


Yeah, it would be criminal to "force" doctors to abide by the law of the land...................................


There are plenty of other professions available to people who refuse to grant a woman's right to choose.  Gotta laugh out loud at people who demand that immigration laws be strictly enforced while at the same time claim it's OK not to enforce Roe vs. Wade.




Roe vs. Wade overtuned laws prohibiting abortion.  There is no law requiring a doctor to perform abortions... yet.  It ensured the right, it does not provide the authority to coerce the accomplice of your choice.

5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 10:57AM #7
bertram
Posts: 8,063

Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:52AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:44AM, bertram wrote:


Yeah, it would be criminal to "force" doctors to abide by the law of the land...................................


There are plenty of other professions available to people who refuse to grant a woman's right to choose.  




At least you are honest.  So if a person takes on the expense and training to preserve life they must be willing to extinguish it on demand? Wow.




Cacklers need to accept the fact that the legal definition of a live person doesn't necessarily fit their religious beliefs.  Let's be blunt...doctors are glorified mechanics who work on the machine that is the human body.  If they can't conform to legal rules regarding such work, there are always Fords, Chevy's, and Toyotas aplenty that need attention.

5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 11:01AM #8
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 15,639

Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:57AM, bertram wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:52AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:44AM, bertram wrote:


Yeah, it would be criminal to "force" doctors to abide by the law of the land...................................


There are plenty of other professions available to people who refuse to grant a woman's right to choose.  




At least you are honest.  So if a person takes on the expense and training to preserve life they must be willing to extinguish it on demand? Wow.




Cacklers need to accept the fact that the legal definition of a live person doesn't necessarily fit their religious beliefs.  Let's be blunt...doctors are glorified mechanics who work on the machine that is the human body.  If they can't conform to legal rules regarding such work, there are always Fords, Chevy's, and Toyotas aplenty that need attention.




The government is not the moral compass of the nation.  That is up to our individual beliefs or lack there of.  All mechanics don't work on all types of cars.  You suggested that if they are in that field they would need to be willing to perform on demand abortions, did I understand that right?

5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 11:05AM #9
bertram
Posts: 8,063

Feb 10, 2019 -- 11:01AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:57AM, bertram wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:52AM, louisiana_lightning wrote:


Feb 10, 2019 -- 10:44AM, bertram wrote:


Yeah, it would be criminal to "force" doctors to abide by the law of the land...................................


There are plenty of other professions available to people who refuse to grant a woman's right to choose.  




At least you are honest.  So if a person takes on the expense and training to preserve life they must be willing to extinguish it on demand? Wow.




Cacklers need to accept the fact that the legal definition of a live person doesn't necessarily fit their religious beliefs.  Let's be blunt...doctors are glorified mechanics who work on the machine that is the human body.  If they can't conform to legal rules regarding such work, there are always Fords, Chevy's, and Toyotas aplenty that need attention.




The government is not the moral compass of the nation.  That is up to our individual beliefs or lack there of.  All mechanics don't work on all types of cars.  You suggested that if they are in that field they would need to be willing to perform on demand abortions, did I understand that right?




Doctors would need to uphold the law of the land in that regard.  You are on record demanding that other workers do the same.  Just be consistent...

5 months ago  ::  Feb 10, 2019 - 11:16AM #10
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 75,176

Any doctor who says that abortion is against his beliefs, should never be forced to administer the procedure ... we are still a free nation ... that should not be taken away from someone just because they are in the medical field  ... the right to make their own moral choices.

Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum