Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Bernie Sanders thoughts
1 week ago  ::  Mar 14, 2019 - 8:00PM #1
laurenf2
Posts: 8,748
Does this has any relavence toward Sanders present day political views...

www.cnn.com/2019/03/14/politics/kfile-be...

Bernie Sanders in the 1970s urged nationalization of most major industries


1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 10:18AM #2
ArtVandelay
Posts: 32,313

1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 10:47AM #3
bertram
Posts: 6,516

Mar 14, 2019 -- 8:00PM, laurenf2 wrote:

Does this has any relavence toward Sanders present day political views...

www.cnn.com/2019/03/14/politics/kfile-be...


Bernie Sanders in the 1970s urged nationalization of most major industries





Bernie was been a regular guest on the "Brunch With Bernie" segments of the Thom Hartmann radio and TV shows for years...leading up to the 2016 election.  He has never in all that time advocated for nationalization of corporations.  He did, wisely, suggest in the wake of the Bush Crash that the outlaw Wall Street financial institutions that gambled with our money and lost should be taken over by the government and hosed down to get rid of the crooked banksters, restructured and then put back out in the public sector.  Instead, they were bailed out and Americans who had lost so much had to watch as the gamblers gave themselves bonuses with the bailout money...with Republicans onboard to make sure that as few regulations as possible were instituted post-crash.  A sad chapter...

1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 11:17AM #4
prof. quiz
Posts: 6,781

Go Bernie!


There is nothing to worry about with Bernie.


He is corrrect about wealth inequality. He is correct about corporations running rampant. 


He has a lifetime of experience to draw from. His beliefs have also mellowed and matured over the years. Something that his youthful diciples O'Rourke and Cortez will naturally do over time.


We'll see in two years if enough old school Dems have turned away from being Republican light corporate apologists and embraced the growing progressive movement.


The Trumpet fiasco proved that anything is possible.

1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 11:18AM #5
bertram
Posts: 6,516

Mar 15, 2019 -- 11:17AM, prof. quiz wrote:


Go Bernie!


There is nothing to worry about with Bernie.


He is corrrect about wealth inequality. He is correct about corporations running rampant. 


He has a lifetime of experience to draw from. His beliefs have also mellowed and matured over the years. Something that his youthful diciples O'Rourke and Cortez will naturally do over time.


We'll see in two years if enough old school Dems have turned away from being Republican light corporate apologists and embraced the growing progressive movement.


The Trumpet fiasco proved that anything is possible.




Exactly!  I voted for Bernie in the 2016 primary, but I knew better than to sit out the general election because he didn't get nominated.

1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 11:46AM #6
prof. quiz
Posts: 6,781

I'm not a registered D but I might have to so I can vote for him in the primary. 


I truly believe that he can put this country back on course and force it to look at our propensity for ongoing wars for resources and major legislative phuck ups like Citizens United and Kelo vs New London.

1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 11:53AM #7
bertram
Posts: 6,516

With all the new Dem candidates getting into the race, I have a lot of reading to do to get educated on their stances on the issues.

1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 12:06PM #8
manny_o
Posts: 346

Mar 15, 2019 -- 11:53AM, bertram wrote:


With all the new Dem candidates getting into the race, I have a lot of reading to do to get educated on their stances on the issues.





Bernie can’t win a single swing state.  



Try again.  

1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 2:31PM #9
laurenf2
Posts: 8,748

Will do a deeper dive prior to primaries.  Nationalization of corporations? As a supporter of capitalism I find it difficult to swallow.  With a streak of libertarian in me, uber government control of the many aspects of our lives doesn't sit well with me. As with bail outs, it was painful and I hated it ...but it was necessary.

1 week ago  ::  Mar 15, 2019 - 2:58PM #10
laurenf2
Posts: 8,748

Mar 15, 2019 -- 11:53AM, bertram wrote:


With all the new Dem candidates getting into the race, I have a lot of reading to do to get educated on their stances on the issues.




Same here...perhaps a bit prejudice.  There was a guy in my workplace many years past who is a clone of Bernie.  In fact he looks like Bernie.  He use to hand out literature about socialism and pins down fellow employees with his continuous rants on the subject. During lunch time, he would stand in the street corner to hand out self printed literature. I had a few polite conversations and escape...although it didn't stop him from engagement as step out for a cup of coffee.


I'm still am not bought into the socialist stance of progressives as I search for a moderate approach to governance. Got many months ahead to see where the chips fall. 

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum