Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Orioles game 1 of 3 lineup/game thread 4/4
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Yankees/Orioles game 1 of 3 lineup/game thread 4/4
7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 11:45AM #1
laurenf2
Posts: 9,401




1. Brett Gardner (L) CF

2. Aaron Judge (R) RF

3. Luke Voit (R) DH

4. Gary Sanchez (R) C

5. Greg Bird (L) 1B

6. DJ LeMahieu (R) 3B

7. Gleyber Torres (R) SS

8. Clint Frazier (R) LF

9. Tyler Wade (L) 2B



1. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B

2. Dwight Smith Jr. (L) LF

3. Trey Mancini (R) RF

4. Renato Nunez (R) DH

5. Rio Ruiz (L) 3B

6. Joey Rickard (R) CF

7. Chris Davis (L) 1B

8. Jesus Sucre (R) C

9. Richie Martin (R) SS



7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 11:56AM #2
diehardma
Posts: 6,156

Still a lineup that should beat Baltimore.

7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 11:59AM #3
walkoffhr2
Posts: 258

Apr 4, 2019 -- 11:56AM, diehardma wrote:


Still a lineup that should beat Baltimore.




It better be.


I would think this will be our line-up, at least till May.

7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 12:03PM #4
Stewie
Posts: 2,450

Best part about this lineup is that if, in a really, really big situation with a man on and nobody out and we need someone to hit into a double play, if Wade comes up he'll do the job, guaranteed, and then we can rely on Gardner to follow and close out the inning.


Why is Wade on a major league team? I can only guess that Chase Headley gave him those naked photos he had of Cashman, Hal, the hooker and the Shetland pony. The photos that kept Headley in the Yankees lineup for so long.

7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 12:55PM #5
chl45
Posts: 944

Dear Mr. Boone, Has having 4 homerun hitters in order 2 3 4 5, ever proved to be a winning lineup? Looks to me like a possibility of 3 solo homeruns at best through out the game. Just wondering if spreading those guys out a bit would produce a possible 2 or 3 run home run, just wondering if the analytics pointed you to hitting our four strike out leaders all in a row. I mean we have scored 2 runs in 18 innings due to strike outs.  Confusing. Anyone else think this is a good idea or am I nutzo? Gonna stay same ol same ol until it stops hurting huh, Aaron.?

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 1:36PM #6
jimwest
Posts: 2,132

Apr 4, 2019 -- 12:03PM, Stewie wrote:


Best part about this lineup is that if, in a really, really big situation with a man on and nobody out and we need someone to hit into a double play, if Wade comes up he'll do the job, guaranteed, and then we can rely on Gardner to follow and close out the inning.


Why is Wade on a major league team? I can only guess that Chase Headley gave him those naked photos he had of Cashman, Hal, the hooker and the Shetland pony. The photos that kept Headley in the Yankees lineup for so long.




Very unlikely Wade hits into any DP's. He is extremely fleet of foot. And he is on this team because he can play multiple positions satifactorily, and has that speed.


He has hit in AAA, maybe he will improve, he has not had a lot of AB's, and is just 24. Something we should be rooting for instead of complaining about.

7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 1:38PM #7
mscamaguey
Posts: 783

Diehard


I hope you are correct. Let´s see what Paxton does.

7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 1:45PM #8
jimwest
Posts: 2,132

Apr 4, 2019 -- 11:45AM, laurenf2 wrote:






1. Brett Gardner (L) CF

2. Aaron Judge (R) RF

3. Luke Voit (R) DH

4. Gary Sanchez (R) C

5. Greg Bird (L) 1B

6. DJ LeMahieu (R) 3B

7. Gleyber Torres (R) SS

8. Clint Frazier (R) LF

9. Tyler Wade (L) 2B






I'd like to see this order:


1.DJ   2.GT   3.AJ   4.GS   5.LV   6.GB   7.CF   8.BG   9.TW


Gardner does not seem like a good enough leadoff anymore. DJ hits, and has a good OBP. Torres neeeds to bat higher. Voit is not a #3 or #4 hitter.

7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 1:57PM #9
Stewie
Posts: 2,450

Apr 4, 2019 -- 1:36PM, jimwest wrote:


Apr 4, 2019 -- 12:03PM, Stewie wrote:


Best part about this lineup is that if, in a really, really big situation with a man on and nobody out and we need someone to hit into a double play, if Wade comes up he'll do the job, guaranteed, and then we can rely on Gardner to follow and close out the inning.


Why is Wade on a major league team? I can only guess that Chase Headley gave him those naked photos he had of Cashman, Hal, the hooker and the Shetland pony. The photos that kept Headley in the Yankees lineup for so long.




Very unlikely Wade hits into any DP's. He is extremely fleet of foot. And he is on this team because he can play multiple positions satifactorily, and has that speed.


He has hit in AAA, maybe he will improve, he has not had a lot of AB's, and is just 24. Something we should be rooting for instead of complaining about.




You want to root for Wade?  Would you root for Hal's Shetland pony in the Belmont Stakes?  Wade is a minor leaguer, with minor league talent.  He'd never be starting for the Yankees, except that half the team is in intensive care. I'm rooting for Tulowitski to return so Wade can go back where he belongs.

7 months ago  ::  Apr 04, 2019 - 2:02PM #10
jimwest
Posts: 2,132

Apr 4, 2019 -- 1:57PM, Stewie wrote:


Apr 4, 2019 -- 1:36PM, jimwest wrote:


Apr 4, 2019 -- 12:03PM, Stewie wrote:


Best part about this lineup is that if, in a really, really big situation with a man on and nobody out and we need someone to hit into a double play, if Wade comes up he'll do the job, guaranteed, and then we can rely on Gardner to follow and close out the inning.


Why is Wade on a major league team? I can only guess that Chase Headley gave him those naked photos he had of Cashman, Hal, the hooker and the Shetland pony. The photos that kept Headley in the Yankees lineup for so long.




Very unlikely Wade hits into any DP's. He is extremely fleet of foot. And he is on this team because he can play multiple positions satifactorily, and has that speed.


He has hit in AAA, maybe he will improve, he has not had a lot of AB's, and is just 24. Something we should be rooting for instead of complaining about.




You want to root for Wade?  Would you root for Hal's Shetland pony in the Belmont Stakes?  Wade is a minor leaguer, with minor league talent.  He'd never be starting for the Yankees, except that half the team is in intensive care. I'm rooting for Tulowitski to return so Wade can go back where he belongs.




I'm rooting for the New York Yankees to win every game they play. Whoever is wearing the NYY uniform I root for to help the team win.


As long as Tyler Wade is playing for the Yankees, I will root for him.

Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees Yankees/Orioles game 1 of 3 lineup/game thread 4/4
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum