Network Forums Yankees The Yankees are a better team with Urshela @ 3rd
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 11 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
The Yankees are a better team with Urshela @ 3rd
6 months ago  ::  May 13, 2019 - 10:24AM #101
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 17,159

May 13, 2019 -- 9:33AM, JonahFalcon wrote:


Fact: the Yanks wouldn't have rushed Andjuar back instead of AAA rehab if they thought Urshela was a starter.




That’s why he has been playing 3B ever since, right?  They rushed him back because they wanted his offense over the other DH options.

6 months ago  ::  May 13, 2019 - 10:25AM #102
mikedorb
Posts: 1,354


May 13, 2019 -- 9:24AM, bumper wrote:


miggy had only 10 ABs at SWB so clearly they rushed him back. this is his spring training. unfortunately it's tough playing catch up and he's probably pressing, trying to do too much. hopefully the shoulder isn't holding him back. too bad we haven't gotten to see whether he'd improved at 3B. in any case keep riding urshela. even yesterday after K'ing 4 times, he came up w a big 2B in the 9th to put the game out of reach.




He should have stayed in the minors on rehab longer than he did if for no other reason than to get a chance to play more games at third to see if he could play the position adequately and especially make the necessary throws. There is no reason to take Urshela out of the lineup right now. Absolutely none. I don't want Andujar anywhere near third base. He likely would be a disaster in the field and the way he is hitting he is not likely to make up for any defensive deficiencies with his bat.


If Urshela needs a day then go with DJ at third and Estrada at second. That works for me. Urshela did have a couple of screwups this past week but usually is an outstanding fielder. Much better than Andujar so he has a huge edge there. But it is unbelievable how many big hits he has gotten. Almost every one of his rbis has been huge. Even yesterday after striking out 4 times he gets the big double that in effect broke the game open. He needs to be the regular third baseman for the forseeable future. If in a month he is batting .220 then you can reevaluate. But for now you have to ride him as long as you can.  


I can't believe how poorly Andujar is hitting. It is bad when you make Brett Gardner and his 1 for 27 with runners in scoring position look good in comparison.  

6 months ago  ::  May 13, 2019 - 10:31AM #103
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 17,159

May 13, 2019 -- 10:25AM, mikedorb wrote:



May 13, 2019 -- 9:24AM, bumper wrote:


miggy had only 10 ABs at SWB so clearly they rushed him back. this is his spring training. unfortunately it's tough playing catch up and he's probably pressing, trying to do too much. hopefully the shoulder isn't holding him back. too bad we haven't gotten to see whether he'd improved at 3B. in any case keep riding urshela. even yesterday after K'ing 4 times, he came up w a big 2B in the 9th to put the game out of reach.




He should have stayed in the minors on rehab longer than he did if for no other reason than to get a chance to play more games at third to see if he could play the position adequately and especially make the necessary throws. There is no reason to take Urshela out of the lineup right now. Absolutely none. I don't want Andujar anywhere near third base. He likely would be a disaster in the field and the way he is hitting he is not likely to make up for any defensive deficiencies with his bat.


If Urshela needs a day then go with DJ at third and Estrada at second. That works for me. Urshela did have a couple of screwups this past week but usually is an outstanding fielder. Much better than Andujar so he has a huge edge there. But it is unbelievable how many big hits he has gotten. Almost every one of his rbis has been huge. Even yesterday after striking out 4 times he gets the big double that in effect broke the game open. He needs to be the regular third baseman for the forseeable future. If in a month he is batting .220 then you can reevaluate. But for now you have to ride him as long as you can.  


I can't believe how poorly Andujar is hitting. It is bad when you make Brett Gardner and his 1 for 27 with runners in scoring position look good in comparison.  




They rushed him back as a DH in the thought he is a better pure hitter than anyone that is currently healthy.  He’s played 15 innings at 3B since his return.  Time to send him down and get his swing right.

6 months ago  ::  May 13, 2019 - 10:41AM #104
mikedorb
Posts: 1,354

Yes send him down and let him get his stroke back at Scranton. He is doing the team no good trying to work things out by being the Yankees dh. We are covered at third with Urshella and DJ so if he isn't going to hit there is no reason for him to be here. Maybe he magically turns it around against the Orioles but you have to admit he is not showing any signs of getting it turned around anytime soon. Maybe you give it a few more games but I don't see any other option if he doesn't begin turning it around very soon. Is there anything worse than having a dh who can't hit a lick?    

6 months ago  ::  May 13, 2019 - 5:02PM #105
ArtVandelay
Posts: 34,732

Andujar would make me look like Greg Nettles at third...  let's just let him heal and trade him...  he has no value on this team, only value he'd have is as a full time DH and that ain't happening as long as Stanton is around - that is if Stanton ever comes back from whateverthehell is ailing him now...

6 months ago  ::  May 13, 2019 - 6:09PM #106
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 17,159

May 13, 2019 -- 5:02PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Andujar would make me look like Greg Nettles at third...  let's just let him heal and trade him...  he has no value on this team, only value he'd have is as a full time DH and that ain't happening as long as Stanton is around - that is if Stanton ever comes back from whateverthehell is ailing him now...




Stanton’s a decent corner outfielder. Use him as one

6 months ago  ::  May 13, 2019 - 7:14PM #107
mscamaguey
Posts: 798

I liked Urshela from the get-go and now that Andujar is in the DL and I assume probably more than 10 days if not more he will have a chance to continue his torrid hitting and he is also excellent with the glove.


This young team plays ball the way I like it they manufacture the runs and every now and then the homers arrive at the most opportune time, that is why they have been able to win many games in late innings. Sunday the entire Tropicana field went dark and when the lights came back this team scored 4 runs to finish the Rays. 


By the way, I like Maybin, and I didn´t even know who he was. 

6 months ago  ::  May 14, 2019 - 7:19AM #108
yankoldfan
Posts: 8,207

The question I have, has he reinjured the shoulder or are they just putting him on the IL to go down and work on his swing ?? If he's hurt his shoulder again then he needs to get it fixed and hope he comes back next year.. If they're just sending him down to work on things, they should have done that right away, he's in a funk right now for sure ...

6 months ago  ::  May 14, 2019 - 7:42AM #109
louisiana_lightning
Posts: 17,159

May 14, 2019 -- 7:19AM, yankoldfan wrote:


The question I have, has he reinjured the shoulder or are they just putting him on the IL to go down and work on his swing ?? If he's hurt his shoulder again then he needs to get it fixed and hope he comes back next year.. If they're just sending him down to work on things, they should have done that right away, he's in a funk right now for sure ...




I don’t think they want to burn a minor league option on him.  Now that he is sent down on the IL he can do simulated work in the Tampa complex and they can rehab him back for up to 10 games at their minor league affiliates.  Any longer than that and they lose the option year.

6 months ago  ::  May 14, 2019 - 9:58AM #110
yank0428
Posts: 17,409

May 13, 2019 -- 5:02PM, ArtVandelay wrote:


Andujar would make me look like Greg Nettles at third...  let's just let him heal and trade him...  he has no value on this team, only value he'd have is as a full time DH and that ain't happening as long as Stanton is around - that is if Stanton ever comes back from whateverthehell is ailing him now...




I almost forgot he was on the team.

Page 11 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees The Yankees are a better team with Urshela @ 3rd
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum