Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 3 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Why won't Pelosi open an inquiry?
3 months ago  ::  Oct 14, 2019 - 6:42PM #21
prof. quiz
Posts: 7,928

Oct 13, 2019 -- 10:17AM, bertram wrote:


Trump is devoid of honor.  




You need a heart and a conscience to be an honorable person. 

3 months ago  ::  Oct 14, 2019 - 7:08PM #22
prof. quiz
Posts: 7,928

Oct 13, 2019 -- 10:20AM, Max wrote:


Also, let's not get distracted and lose track of what the issue is. The impeachment isn't about Biden, Pelosi or Schiff. It's about Trump's corruption.




The slimy opportunist will get impeached but not convicted as Moscow Mitch realizes that will severely hurt the GOP and their credibility. Or at least what is left of it.


Trumpet will not win reelection though. Enough Indies see the light. 


There is no doubt in my mind that Tяumpet the Tяaitor broke the law while trying to discredit the Biden's.


What will happen is the House is about to see how far and deep the dark money trail goes. The Super PACS, the billions being poured into the elections...none of it is good. 


The SCOTUS really blew it. 5 robed cons are responsible for giving life to an entity designed to do business. 4 libs voted nay. (At least this time I am pretty sure!) Citizens United v FEC. Look it up if you care to. I probably should but I'm too lazy!


Anyway, this legislative turd opened the doors to unlimited foreign and domestic money tainting our elections in ways we are still discovering. As the impeachment inquiry drones on they will uncover a trail of dark money that better wake Congress the phuck up to what is happening in the shadows right under their nose.


3 months ago  ::  Oct 14, 2019 - 8:08PM #23
Judge
Posts: 182

Oct 12, 2019 -- 1:27PM, NW wrote:

Because opening an official inquiry with a vote gives Republicans subpoena authority. Right now, the Democrats are performing their investigation behind closed doors and the Republicans can do nothing but watch. Do you think there's skeletons in hiding?



Well it also gives the Dems the power of subpoena.   Right now all they can do is send letters asking for information, but they have no real power behind them.   It seems like a stunt/smear so far.


Plus we have a treaty to share information with the Ukraine in matters of government corruption, so clearly he has the authority to ask the kinds of quations that he did from the transcript of the call.   The Ukranian President has said multiple times now that there was no pressure in any way for such info put on him by Trump.   And the Ukraine had re-opened the Hunter Biden investigation already, before the call



3 months ago  ::  Oct 15, 2019 - 11:53AM #24
Max
Posts: 3,259

Oct 13, 2019 -- 8:36AM, NW wrote:


Oct 13, 2019 -- 7:21AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Oct 13, 2019 -- 1:02AM, NW wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 2:15PM, Max wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 1:27PM, NW wrote:

Because opening an official inquiry with a vote gives Republicans subpoena authority. Right now, the Democrats are performing their investigation behind closed doors and the Republicans can do nothing but watch. Do you think there's skeletons in hiding?





You're wrong again,  because even after a impeachment inquiry vote the majority can block any attempts by the minority to subpoena.




The majority can block but it gives the minority the right to subpoena, which they don't normally have.  If the majority blocks a subpoena, that opens up a whole different can of worms.  It would open the question of "what are the Democrats hiding" which could have serious repercussions at the polls in 2020.  


The best thing to do now for the American public would be to follow precedent, allow the Republicans to subpoena and interview as well and let ALL of the facts come out.  It seems neither the Democrats nor Republicans want to follow that path.  We the people should be telling our Congressmen that's what we want.  If the facts take down Trump, I'm fine with that.  Pence, Barr, Giuliani, whatever.  But if the facts take down Biden, Pelosi, and Schiff, I'm ok with that too.  At this point, do the investigation and let whoever falls fall.




The right thing to do would be to let the process work, donald the innocent one seems to not want to do that, he's stopping everyone that's connected to his administration from testifying, can you tell me why an innocent man would do that ?? He's attacking the whistleblower, threatening them in his own private way, again the things an innocent man would do ???? But of course, Nancy Pelosi is picking on poor donald.... 




If they were using the process, maybe you'd see the process work.  Instead they're making up a new process; one that prohibits Republicans from participating.




Republicans are free to ask witnesses questions.

3 months ago  ::  Oct 15, 2019 - 11:58AM #25
Max
Posts: 3,259

Oct 14, 2019 -- 5:05PM, NW wrote:

What's Nancy waiting for? Is she afraid that giving the Republicans rights to subpoena will bring the truth to light. Come on Nancy. Follow protocol and take a vote. Let everyone participate in your "inquiry" if you want the truth.





Why do you keep repeating that when it's a proven fact that Republicans would only get right's to subpoena only if the Democrats allow it. There also isn't any protocol since Andrew Johnson was impeached before an inquiry. Don't get distracted, the impeachment is about Trump's corruption.

3 months ago  ::  Oct 15, 2019 - 12:03PM #26
Max
Posts: 3,259

Oct 14, 2019 -- 8:08PM, Judge wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 1:27PM, NW wrote:

Because opening an official inquiry with a vote gives Republicans subpoena authority. Right now, the Democrats are performing their investigation behind closed doors and the Republicans can do nothing but watch. Do you think there's skeletons in hiding?



Well it also gives the Dems the power of subpoena.   Right now all they can do is send letters asking for information, but they have no real power behind them.   It seems like a stunt/smear so far.


Plus we have a treaty to share information with the Ukraine in matters of government corruption, so clearly he has the authority to ask the kinds of quations that he did from the transcript of the call.   The Ukranian President has said multiple times now that there was no pressure in any way for such info put on him by Trump.   And the Ukraine had re-opened the Hunter Biden investigation already, before the call






The Dems already have subpoena power. What else is the Ukraine leader supposed to say when he's dependent on the POTUS? The fact remains that Trump didn't ask about corruption in the Ukraine. The transcript that you mention clearly shows him asking a foreign country for a favor which was for personal gain. Which is against the law.

3 months ago  ::  Oct 15, 2019 - 12:48PM #27
NW
Posts: 1,346

Oct 15, 2019 -- 11:58AM, Max wrote:


Oct 14, 2019 -- 5:05PM, NW wrote:

What's Nancy waiting for? Is she afraid that giving the Republicans rights to subpoena will bring the truth to light. Come on Nancy. Follow protocol and take a vote. Let everyone participate in your "inquiry" if you want the truth.





Why do you keep repeating that when it's a proven fact that Republicans would only get right's to subpoena only if the Democrats allow it. There also isn't any protocol since Andrew Johnson was impeached before an inquiry. Don't get distracted, the impeachment is about Trump's corruption.




The rules didn't prohibit the minority party from the power of subpoena during Johnson's impeachment.  That was changed afterwards, which is exactly why precedent is being considered for every inquiry after the house rules changed.  If the inquiry is opened officially, the Republicans can subpoena whoever they want.  It's true that the Dems can block it but it wouldn't be in their best interest as they would then look like they're trying to play out a scam.  Right now, the only thing Republicans can do is to sit on their hands or at best, ask questions of the witnesses that the Dems hand to them.  They should have the right to call whoever they feel the need to for a fair process.

3 months ago  ::  Oct 15, 2019 - 12:49PM #28
NW
Posts: 1,346

Oct 15, 2019 -- 12:03PM, Max wrote:


Oct 14, 2019 -- 8:08PM, Judge wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 1:27PM, NW wrote:

Because opening an official inquiry with a vote gives Republicans subpoena authority. Right now, the Democrats are performing their investigation behind closed doors and the Republicans can do nothing but watch. Do you think there's skeletons in hiding?



Well it also gives the Dems the power of subpoena.   Right now all they can do is send letters asking for information, but they have no real power behind them.   It seems like a stunt/smear so far.


Plus we have a treaty to share information with the Ukraine in matters of government corruption, so clearly he has the authority to ask the kinds of quations that he did from the transcript of the call.   The Ukranian President has said multiple times now that there was no pressure in any way for such info put on him by Trump.   And the Ukraine had re-opened the Hunter Biden investigation already, before the call






The Dems already have subpoena power.




Well, that power is in question right now.  The Administration's claim is that they don't have the power for an investigation that isn't opened.

3 months ago  ::  Oct 15, 2019 - 12:51PM #29
Max
Posts: 3,259

Oct 15, 2019 -- 12:49PM, NW wrote:


Oct 15, 2019 -- 12:03PM, Max wrote:


Oct 14, 2019 -- 8:08PM, Judge wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 1:27PM, NW wrote:

Because opening an official inquiry with a vote gives Republicans subpoena authority. Right now, the Democrats are performing their investigation behind closed doors and the Republicans can do nothing but watch. Do you think there's skeletons in hiding?



Well it also gives the Dems the power of subpoena.   Right now all they can do is send letters asking for information, but they have no real power behind them.   It seems like a stunt/smear so far.


Plus we have a treaty to share information with the Ukraine in matters of government corruption, so clearly he has the authority to ask the kinds of quations that he did from the transcript of the call.   The Ukranian President has said multiple times now that there was no pressure in any way for such info put on him by Trump.   And the Ukraine had re-opened the Hunter Biden investigation already, before the call






The Dems already have subpoena power.




Well, that power is in question right now.  The Administration's claim is that they don't have the power for an investigation that isn't opened.




Well, the US Constitution and House Rules say the Administration's claim is false.

3 months ago  ::  Oct 15, 2019 - 12:55PM #30
NW
Posts: 1,346

Oct 15, 2019 -- 12:51PM, Max wrote:


Oct 15, 2019 -- 12:49PM, NW wrote:


Oct 15, 2019 -- 12:03PM, Max wrote:


Oct 14, 2019 -- 8:08PM, Judge wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 1:27PM, NW wrote:

Because opening an official inquiry with a vote gives Republicans subpoena authority. Right now, the Democrats are performing their investigation behind closed doors and the Republicans can do nothing but watch. Do you think there's skeletons in hiding?



Well it also gives the Dems the power of subpoena.   Right now all they can do is send letters asking for information, but they have no real power behind them.   It seems like a stunt/smear so far.


Plus we have a treaty to share information with the Ukraine in matters of government corruption, so clearly he has the authority to ask the kinds of quations that he did from the transcript of the call.   The Ukranian President has said multiple times now that there was no pressure in any way for such info put on him by Trump.   And the Ukraine had re-opened the Hunter Biden investigation already, before the call






The Dems already have subpoena power.




Well, that power is in question right now.  The Administration's claim is that they don't have the power for an investigation that isn't opened.




Well, the US Constitution and House Rules say the Administration's claim is false.




There is no mention of it in The Constitution.  You should probably know the document before you reference it.  The Constitution is silent on the issue.


The House Rules are also silent on the issue.  They don't say what Pelosi is doing is wrong; they also don't say it's wrong.  You can argue that no stance is permissive.  The Administration does not.  The courts will decide.

Page 3 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum