Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Why won't Pelosi open an inquiry?
5 months ago  ::  Oct 13, 2019 - 9:04AM #11
prof. quiz
Posts: 8,065

Oct 13, 2019 -- 8:36AM, NW wrote:


If they were using the process, maybe you'd see the process work.  Instead they're making up a new process; one that prohibits Republicans from participating.




You can't really be upset at blatant partisan politics, can you?


The process failed us all when Meuller was sent to a gunfight with one arm tied behind his back and a blunt penknife in his free hand.


The process also failed Garland when Moscow Mitch played deaf and dumb for a year. The process failed when Trumpet lost by 3 million votes yet still got the job. The process failed the Kurds.

5 months ago  ::  Oct 13, 2019 - 9:07AM #12
bertram
Posts: 10,799

Did Mitch McConnell follow precedent in ignoring Obama's nomination of Garland to fill the Supreme Court vacancy in the spring of 2016?  Republicans ignore precedent whenever it will benefit them.  Did the Republican House follow precedent when they formed The Select Committee on Benghazi after numerous similar embassy attacks under GOP presidents were not investigated?  Sorry, but there is no reason in the world for Dems to follow some nebulous "precedent" in the impeachment inquiry.

5 months ago  ::  Oct 13, 2019 - 9:21AM #13
yankoldfan
Posts: 8,838

Oct 13, 2019 -- 8:36AM, NW wrote:


Oct 13, 2019 -- 7:21AM, yankoldfan wrote:


Oct 13, 2019 -- 1:02AM, NW wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 2:15PM, Max wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 1:27PM, NW wrote:

Because opening an official inquiry with a vote gives Republicans subpoena authority. Right now, the Democrats are performing their investigation behind closed doors and the Republicans can do nothing but watch. Do you think there's skeletons in hiding?





You're wrong again,  because even after a impeachment inquiry vote the majority can block any attempts by the minority to subpoena.




The majority can block but it gives the minority the right to subpoena, which they don't normally have.  If the majority blocks a subpoena, that opens up a whole different can of worms.  It would open the question of "what are the Democrats hiding" which could have serious repercussions at the polls in 2020.  


The best thing to do now for the American public would be to follow precedent, allow the Republicans to subpoena and interview as well and let ALL of the facts come out.  It seems neither the Democrats nor Republicans want to follow that path.  We the people should be telling our Congressmen that's what we want.  If the facts take down Trump, I'm fine with that.  Pence, Barr, Giuliani, whatever.  But if the facts take down Biden, Pelosi, and Schiff, I'm ok with that too.  At this point, do the investigation and let whoever falls fall.




The right thing to do would be to let the process work, donald the innocent one seems to not want to do that, he's stopping everyone that's connected to his administration from testifying, can you tell me why an innocent man would do that ?? He's attacking the whistleblower, threatening them in his own private way, again the things an innocent man would do ???? But of course, Nancy Pelosi is picking on poor donald.... 




If they were using the process, maybe you'd see the process work.  Instead they're making up a new process; one that prohibits Republicans from participating.




You really need to know what the hell your talking about, Pelosi is doing just what the house is supposed to do, it's you man donald that's osbstructing justice by stopping everything the House wants to do, he told his people to not honor their subpoenas, again why would an innocent man do all of this, I know Fox News is telling you the Dems/Pelosi is doing it all wrong, well again you better get your facts straight...

5 months ago  ::  Oct 13, 2019 - 9:30AM #14
bertram
Posts: 10,799

The inquiry is up and running with the approval of a majority of Americans...now more than half of our citizens want Trump not only impeached but removed from office.  And that is according to a Fox News poll.

5 months ago  ::  Oct 13, 2019 - 10:11AM #15
yankoldfan
Posts: 8,838

Oct 13, 2019 -- 9:30AM, bertram wrote:


The inquiry is up and running with the approval of a majority of Americans...now more than half of our citizens want Trump not only impeached but removed from office.  And that is according to a Fox News poll.




donald's ship is taking on water, even some of his lifeboats are abandoning him... Not looking good Republicans ??? Lots of people donald was counting on are starting to get nervous and are thinking of protecting their own tail/butts...

5 months ago  ::  Oct 13, 2019 - 10:17AM #16
bertram
Posts: 10,799

Trump is devoid of honor.  Sheesh, even Nixon resigned when his obstructionist behaviors were exposed.  Of course, there were Republican members of Congress under Nixon who had the backbone to stand up to him and tell him it was over.  

5 months ago  ::  Oct 13, 2019 - 10:20AM #17
Max
Posts: 3,564

Oct 13, 2019 -- 1:02AM, NW wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 2:15PM, Max wrote:


Oct 12, 2019 -- 1:27PM, NW wrote:

Because opening an official inquiry with a vote gives Republicans subpoena authority. Right now, the Democrats are performing their investigation behind closed doors and the Republicans can do nothing but watch. Do you think there's skeletons in hiding?





You're wrong again,  because even after a impeachment inquiry vote the majority can block any attempts by the minority to subpoena.




The majority can block but it gives the minority the right to subpoena, which they don't normally have.  If the majority blocks a subpoena, that opens up a whole different can of worms.  It would open the question of "what are the Democrats hiding" which could have serious repercussions at the polls in 2020.  


The best thing to do now for the American public would be to follow precedent, allow the Republicans to subpoena and interview as well and let ALL of the facts come out.  It seems neither the Democrats nor Republicans want to follow that path.  We the people should be telling our Congressmen that's what we want.  If the facts take down Trump, I'm fine with that.  Pence, Barr, Giuliani, whatever.  But if the facts take down Biden, Pelosi, and Schiff, I'm ok with that too.  At this point, do the investigation and let whoever falls fall.





"What are the Democrats hiding?" Didn't you start this thread with that talking point in mind? Since it's not required it seems like a vote would slow things down. Is there really a precedent to follow since President Johnson was impeached before an impeachment inquiry vote? Personally, I would like for Pelosi to call Trump's bluff and have a vote. But that's neither here nor there, vote or no vote, the official impeachment inquiry has started.


Also, let's not get distracted and lose track of what the issue is. The impeachment isn't about Biden, Pelosi or Schiff. It's about Trump's corruption.


Anyone that votes against impeachment and conviction is giving the next corrupt POTUS free rein to conspire with foreign governments for personal gain. 

5 months ago  ::  Oct 14, 2019 - 5:03PM #18
bertram
Posts: 10,799

The Pig-in-Chief is doing his level-best to self-impeach at this point.  He certainly will not win re-election; he may not last that long, anyway.

5 months ago  ::  Oct 14, 2019 - 5:05PM #19
NW
Posts: 1,546
What's Nancy waiting for? Is she afraid that giving the Republicans rights to subpoena will bring the truth to light.

Come on Nancy. Follow protocol and take a vote. Let everyone participate in your "inquiry" if you want the truth.
5 months ago  ::  Oct 14, 2019 - 5:10PM #20
bertram
Posts: 10,799

The Republicans haven't brought the truth to light since they craftily discovered that Bill Clinton did get that BJ after all.  They spent the whole Reagan and Dubya Reigns of Error muttering "I don't recall..."

Page 2 of 9  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum