Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 7 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next
No to Didi
1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 8:55AM #61
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,280

The Yankee plan last season was to have LeMaheiu rotating around the infield. Why not try that this season? For example:


Tuesday - 1B LeMaheiu, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Wednesday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Torres, 3B Urshela


Thursday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B LeMaheiu


Friday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Saturday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Additionally, I feel strongly that if healthy Andujar will hit, but I am not yet sold that Urshela is for real at the plate. If either of them cannot perform this season, you put LeMaheiu in their spot and make one of them a bench player.



Let the excoriation begin!



John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 12:33PM #62
chl45
Posts: 2,565

Nov 7, 2019 -- 8:55AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


The Yankee plan last season was to have LeMaheiu rotating around the infield. Why not try that this season? For example:


Tuesday - 1B LeMaheiu, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Wednesday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Torres, 3B Urshela


Thursday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B LeMaheiu


Friday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Saturday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Additionally, I feel strongly that if healthy Andujar will hit, but I am not yet sold that Urshela is for real at the plate. If either of them cannot perform this season, you put LeMaheiu in their spot and make one of them a bench player.



Let the excoriation begin!






You want to shuffle guys around even more than they did last year? Why?  Geeze why am I the only one that sees all these moves made necessary to keep a light hitting decent fielder just because he is left handed  bat and has a great personality. If lefty bats are so special in Yankee stadium why has Cashman put together this team with so few of them?  My God people weren't this upset when Jeter retired. Didi is an average player and fans want to scramble egg the infield every game to keep him like he was superman. SMH at that! Seriously.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 12:41PM #63
Secretagent
Posts: 48

Nov 7, 2019 -- 12:33PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 8:55AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


The Yankee plan last season was to have LeMaheiu rotating around the infield. Why not try that this season? For example:


Tuesday - 1B LeMaheiu, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Wednesday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Torres, 3B Urshela


Thursday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B LeMaheiu


Friday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Saturday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Additionally, I feel strongly that if healthy Andujar will hit, but I am not yet sold that Urshela is for real at the plate. If either of them cannot perform this season, you put LeMaheiu in their spot and make one of them a bench player.



Let the excoriation begin!






You want to shuffle guys around even more than they did last year? Why?  Geeze why am I the only one that sees all these moves made necessary to keep a light hitting decent fielder just because he is left handed  bat and has a great personality. If lefty bats are so special in Yankee stadium why has Cashman put together this team with so few of them?  My God people weren't this upset when Jeter retired. Didi is an average player and fans want to scramble egg the infield every game to keep him like he was superman. SMH at that! Seriously.




Bingo...Spot on.  In this day and age of MLB, Didi is nothing but an avg to maybe slightly above avg hitter at SS with a decent glove.  Paying him on a long term contract when we do not need the guy is ridiculous on the face of it.  The team has a lot more pressing needs (namely signing a top flight SP or two) that is going to cost huge bucks and long term has a number of players who will get big contracts.  Paying a 3 year deal to a mediocre player who is not really needed at the cost of dealing with real needs is beyond ridiculous imo.  Who knows what the Yanks plan is wrt payroll and the cap, but adding on another 12-15M a year for multiple years for a mediocre player makes absolutely no sense at all imo. 

1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 12:57PM #64
Secretagent
Posts: 48

Nov 4, 2019 -- 7:17PM, Paterson wrote:


    I just want to point out that DJ LeMahieu hit 26 home runs this year in 602 at bats with an OPS of 893. In 2018 Didi Gregorius hit 27 home runs in 504 at bats with an OPS of 829. LeMahieu cannot play SS.


 




And I can cherry pick numbers as well:



2019:


324 Abs  238 avg 717 OPS 276 OBP



Bottom line:


He is a lifetime 264 hitter with a 313 OBP and a 742 OPS.  This is not Trevor Story or Bogaerts or Lindor we are talking about.  He is a free swinging hack who rarely walks and is usually swinging for the fences.  The exact opposite approach of DJL and exactly the wrong type of hitter approach-wise we should be looking to retain imo.

1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 1:08PM #65
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,280

Nov 7, 2019 -- 12:33PM, chl45 wrote:



You want to shuffle guys around even more than they did last year? Why?  Geeze why am I the only one that sees all these moves made necessary to keep a light hitting decent fielder just because he is left handed  bat and has a great personality. If lefty bats are so special in Yankee stadium why has Cashman put together this team with so few of them?  My God people weren't this upset when Jeter retired. Didi is an average player and fans want to scramble egg the infield every game to keep him like he was superman. SMH at that! Seriously.




Actually, I don't want this to actually happen. However, I do not believe Didi is a light hitting, decent fielder. I believe his .275, 25 HR and 85 RBI seasons of 2017 and 2018 are what you can expect from him in 2020. I also think he is an excellent fielder, much better than Torres at SS. I also think Urshela will come down to earth in 2020 and see him more a bench player than starter.

John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 1:23PM #66
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 80,882

Nov 7, 2019 -- 1:08PM, bomberhojoe wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 12:33PM, chl45 wrote:



You want to shuffle guys around even more than they did last year? Why?  Geeze why am I the only one that sees all these moves made necessary to keep a light hitting decent fielder just because he is left handed  bat and has a great personality. If lefty bats are so special in Yankee stadium why has Cashman put together this team with so few of them?  My God people weren't this upset when Jeter retired. Didi is an average player and fans want to scramble egg the infield every game to keep him like he was superman. SMH at that! Seriously.




Actually, I don't want this to actually happen. However, I do not believe Didi is a light hitting, decent fielder. I believe his .275, 25 HR and 85 RBI seasons of 2017 and 2018 are what you can expect from him in 2020. I also think he is an excellent fielder, much better than Torres at SS. I also think Urshela will come down to earth in 2020 and see him more a bench player than starter.




Agree on Didi ... but I think Urshela may be the real deal.

1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 1:46PM #67
newinn
Posts: 36,246

Nov 7, 2019 -- 12:33PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 8:55AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


The Yankee plan last season was to have LeMaheiu rotating around the infield. Why not try that this season? For example:


Tuesday - 1B LeMaheiu, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Wednesday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Torres, 3B Urshela


Thursday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B LeMaheiu


Friday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Saturday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Additionally, I feel strongly that if healthy Andujar will hit, but I am not yet sold that Urshela is for real at the plate. If either of them cannot perform this season, you put LeMaheiu in their spot and make one of them a bench player.



Let the excoriation begin!






You want to shuffle guys around even more than they did last year? Why?  Geeze why am I the only one that sees all these moves made necessary to keep a light hitting decent fielder just because he is left handed  bat and has a great personality. If lefty bats are so special in Yankee stadium why has Cashman put together this team with so few of them?  My God people weren't this upset when Jeter retired. Didi is an average player and fans want to scramble egg the infield every game to keep him like he was superman. SMH at that! Seriously.




seems to me the majority of fans here are fine with letting Didi walk. Also seems to me that you continue to mix the fact that most fans were also opposed to benching him during the playoffs when you kept arguing he should be benched. Big difference between messing with your lineup (with a 4 year regular) going into a playoff and whether to bring him back for the following season. 

1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 2:17PM #68
chl45
Posts: 2,565

Nov 7, 2019 -- 1:46PM, newinn wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 12:33PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 8:55AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


The Yankee plan last season was to have LeMaheiu rotating around the infield. Why not try that this season? For example:


Tuesday - 1B LeMaheiu, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Wednesday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Torres, 3B Urshela


Thursday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B LeMaheiu


Friday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Saturday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Additionally, I feel strongly that if healthy Andujar will hit, but I am not yet sold that Urshela is for real at the plate. If either of them cannot perform this season, you put LeMaheiu in their spot and make one of them a bench player.



Let the excoriation begin!






You want to shuffle guys around even more than they did last year? Why?  Geeze why am I the only one that sees all these moves made necessary to keep a light hitting decent fielder just because he is left handed  bat and has a great personality. If lefty bats are so special in Yankee stadium why has Cashman put together this team with so few of them?  My God people weren't this upset when Jeter retired. Didi is an average player and fans want to scramble egg the infield every game to keep him like he was superman. SMH at that! Seriously.




seems to me the majority of fans here are fine with letting Didi walk. Also seems to me that you continue to mix the fact that most fans were also opposed to benching him during the playoffs when you kept arguing he should be benched. Big difference between messing with your lineup (with a 4 year regular) going into a playoff and whether to bring him back for the following season. 




New I am sorry I disagree with you on Didi. I don't want to argue about this anymore. Without me writing another declaration of reason's for not keeping Didi, re read what secret agent wrote and the numbers secret agent found. Didi is not a super star and nowhere near as good as Torres' stick, to make his miniscule defense at SS over Torres , the reason to keep him


 I will remind you, scrambling to find a way to play Urschela, Torres and DJ, and our 2 home run hitting 1st basemen every day makes no sense when they need rest for those guys we carry Wade. Having to  leave one of the infielders out of the lineup every day so Didi can play.. well to me is nuts.


The way you see it, is to re sign him, and is your right, and so is it mine to not want to mess with the lineup and defense daily especially in the infield of all places!  Watching DJ be so awkward at first base at times, and make three errors and a few mistakes he got away with, and Torres flub more than he should have at 2nd, and the big one Didi made against the Astro's when he ran into Torres at second or vice versa, and flubbed a DP which led to a run again to me is not necessary just to keep a popular player. Sorry, just how I feel about it.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 2:28PM #69
newinn
Posts: 36,246

Nov 7, 2019 -- 2:17PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 1:46PM, newinn wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 12:33PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 8:55AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


The Yankee plan last season was to have LeMaheiu rotating around the infield. Why not try that this season? For example:


Tuesday - 1B LeMaheiu, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Wednesday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Torres, 3B Urshela


Thursday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B LeMaheiu


Friday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Saturday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Additionally, I feel strongly that if healthy Andujar will hit, but I am not yet sold that Urshela is for real at the plate. If either of them cannot perform this season, you put LeMaheiu in their spot and make one of them a bench player.



Let the excoriation begin!






You want to shuffle guys around even more than they did last year? Why?  Geeze why am I the only one that sees all these moves made necessary to keep a light hitting decent fielder just because he is left handed  bat and has a great personality. If lefty bats are so special in Yankee stadium why has Cashman put together this team with so few of them?  My God people weren't this upset when Jeter retired. Didi is an average player and fans want to scramble egg the infield every game to keep him like he was superman. SMH at that! Seriously.




seems to me the majority of fans here are fine with letting Didi walk. Also seems to me that you continue to mix the fact that most fans were also opposed to benching him during the playoffs when you kept arguing he should be benched. Big difference between messing with your lineup (with a 4 year regular) going into a playoff and whether to bring him back for the following season. 




New I am sorry I disagree with you on Didi. I don't want to argue about this anymore. Without me writing another declaration of reason's for not keeping Didi, re read what secret agent wrote and the numbers secret agent found. Didi is not a super star and nowhere near as good as Torres' stick, to make his miniscule defense at SS over Torres , the reason to keep him


 I will remind you, scrambling to find a way to play Urschela, Torres and DJ, and our 2 home run hitting 1st basemen every day makes no sense when they need rest for those guys we carry Wade. Having to  leave one of the infielders out of the lineup every day so Didi can play.. well to me is nuts.


The way you see it, is to re sign him, and is your right, and so is it mine to not want to mess with the lineup and defense daily especially in the infield of all places!  Watching DJ be so awkward at first base at times, and make three errors and a few mistakes he got away with, and Torres flub more than he should have at 2nd, and the big one Didi made against the Astro's when he ran into Torres at second or vice versa, and flubbed a DP which led to a run again to me is not necessary just to keep a popular player. Sorry, just how I feel about it.




Geeeee wiz CHL, I don't know what you're reading. I DON'T want to sign Didi. I never once said I wanted to sign Didi and I must have told you 3 or 4 times I don't want to sign Didi. Go back and read my last post. I didn't want to sit him during the playoffs

1 year ago  ::  Nov 07, 2019 - 3:18PM #70
chl45
Posts: 2,565

Nov 7, 2019 -- 2:28PM, newinn wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 2:17PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 1:46PM, newinn wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 12:33PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 7, 2019 -- 8:55AM, bomberhojoe wrote:


The Yankee plan last season was to have LeMaheiu rotating around the infield. Why not try that this season? For example:


Tuesday - 1B LeMaheiu, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Wednesday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Torres, 3B Urshela


Thursday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B LeMaheiu


Friday - 1B Andujar, 2B LeMaheiu, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Saturday - 1B Andujar, 2B Torres, SS Gregorius, 3B Urshela


Additionally, I feel strongly that if healthy Andujar will hit, but I am not yet sold that Urshela is for real at the plate. If either of them cannot perform this season, you put LeMaheiu in their spot and make one of them a bench player.



Let the excoriation begin!






You want to shuffle guys around even more than they did last year? Why?  Geeze why am I the only one that sees all these moves made necessary to keep a light hitting decent fielder just because he is left handed  bat and has a great personality. If lefty bats are so special in Yankee stadium why has Cashman put together this team with so few of them?  My God people weren't this upset when Jeter retired. Didi is an average player and fans want to scramble egg the infield every game to keep him like he was superman. SMH at that! Seriously.




seems to me the majority of fans here are fine with letting Didi walk. Also seems to me that you continue to mix the fact that most fans were also opposed to benching him during the playoffs when you kept arguing he should be benched. Big difference between messing with your lineup (with a 4 year regular) going into a playoff and whether to bring him back for the following season. 




New I am sorry I disagree with you on Didi. I don't want to argue about this anymore. Without me writing another declaration of reason's for not keeping Didi, re read what secret agent wrote and the numbers secret agent found. Didi is not a super star and nowhere near as good as Torres' stick, to make his miniscule defense at SS over Torres , the reason to keep him


 I will remind you, scrambling to find a way to play Urschela, Torres and DJ, and our 2 home run hitting 1st basemen every day makes no sense when they need rest for those guys we carry Wade. Having to  leave one of the infielders out of the lineup every day so Didi can play.. well to me is nuts.


The way you see it, is to re sign him, and is your right, and so is it mine to not want to mess with the lineup and defense daily especially in the infield of all places!  Watching DJ be so awkward at first base at times, and make three errors and a few mistakes he got away with, and Torres flub more than he should have at 2nd, and the big one Didi made against the Astro's when he ran into Torres at second or vice versa, and flubbed a DP which led to a run again to me is not necessary just to keep a popular player. Sorry, just how I feel about it.




Geeeee wiz CHL, I don't know what you're reading. I DON'T want to sign Didi. I never once said I wanted to sign Didi and I must have told you 3 or 4 times I don't want to sign Didi. Go back and read my last post. I didn't want to sit him during the playoffs




Oh. Coulda fooled me. OK. Once again sorry, I must have misinterpreted your telling me every five minutes to stop hatin' on him as you wanted him here. My bad.


BTW, I don't hate Didi I disagree with the scrambled egg effect he has on the guys that are in the infield being moved or sat down because he is here.  That is the only reason. Matter of fact I don't want another SS signed when he goes because we don't need one. We need the money for a pitcher whoever they decide, and it needs to be an ace type or a number 2 guy. Curious about something, do you think we need the money spent on what Gardner will cost or will Tauchman be just fine and maybe Maybin or Frazier on the cheap instead? Cash has some chess playing to do I think.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Page 7 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum