Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Next
No to Didi
4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 5:50PM #41
BoogiedownBx
Posts: 101

Nov 5, 2019 -- 11:58AM, Max wrote:


Nov 4, 2019 -- 7:57PM, qwik3457 wrote:


Makes me sad. I really like Didi, as a player and even more as a person.


But he'll be 30 in February. The Yanks got what was probably his peak, ages 25-29. He still doesn't command the K zone. When he loses some bat speed, he'll be a bench player. When he loses some more, his career will likely be over.




Well said, but it's a tough call. The Yankees could really use his lefty bat in their righty dominated line up. I hope that they re-sign him. He seems like a nice guy and a good team player too.





I like Didi and hope we can resign him. I think coming back from the TJ surgery mid-season affected him badly. I also think that had the Yankees extended him a QO, he would've taken it at 18 mil.


I hope that he gets a deal for 3-4 years, somewhere in the 40 - 50 mil range. He's still our best option at SS.

4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 5:55PM #42
chl45
Posts: 1,499

Nov 5, 2019 -- 5:31PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Nov 5, 2019 -- 5:19PM, ssmikey07 wrote:


Yankees are too right handed for the Stadium. Re-sign Didi.





There's been talk about Lindor (not sure if that's the way you spell his name) but he's a switch hitter, but I think that's more rumor than a thing ?? But Didi being a left handed hitter will be the reason they might bring him back ?? It takes two to dance, I just hope Ca$hman and Didi can find a song they like, and they don't get into an argument on who leads ??
Wink




A left handed bat that can't hit isn't good or am I missing something? He hit .116 in the Post Season and .218 for most of the season in 2019 and I think finished around .230 something. Left handed bat Where? I am a big Didi fan and he is a great clubhouse and dugout guy. One of my favorite Yankees but.. after TJ surgery many poositioin guys do what he is doing and then disappear. Not saying that's what will happen with him, but once again, other than the lefthanded part of his game, WE HAVE A GOLD GLOVE .340 hitting 25 plus home run hitting 2nd base man and a 22 year old SS who will get better and hits the snot out of the ball and leads the team in home runs, and a gold glove caliber .300 hitting 3rd baseman. A first baseman hitting .260 plus who has 30 to 35 a year home run possiblities if healthy.  Saying  Didi makes the defense better or the team better is hogwash IMO.

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 6:07PM #43
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 78,344

Nov 5, 2019 -- 5:55PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 5, 2019 -- 5:31PM, yankoldfan wrote:


Nov 5, 2019 -- 5:19PM, ssmikey07 wrote:


Yankees are too right handed for the Stadium. Re-sign Didi.





There's been talk about Lindor (not sure if that's the way you spell his name) but he's a switch hitter, but I think that's more rumor than a thing ?? But Didi being a left handed hitter will be the reason they might bring him back ?? It takes two to dance, I just hope Ca$hman and Didi can find a song they like, and they don't get into an argument on who leads ??
Wink




A left handed bat that can't hit isn't good or am I missing something? He hit .116 in the Post Season and .218 for most of the season in 2019 and I think finished around .230 something. Left handed bat Where? I am a big Didi fan and he is a great clubhouse and dugout guy. One of my favorite Yankees but.. after TJ surgery many poositioin guys do what he is doing and then disappear. Not saying that's what will happen with him, but once again, other than the lefthanded part of his game, WE HAVE A GOLD GLOVE .340 hitting 25 plus home run hitting 2nd base man and a 22 year old SS who will get better and hits the snot out of the ball and leads the team in home runs, and a gold glove caliber .300 hitting 3rd baseman. A first baseman hitting .260 plus who has 30 to 35 a year home run possiblities if healthy.  Saying  Didi makes the defense better or the team better is hogwash IMO.




Didi is a very good defensive shortstop ... calling it hogwash is just another one of your fantasies.  You've been after Didi for a long time ... saying he is one of your favorite Yankees is also just a fantasy.

4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 6:09PM #44
newinn
Posts: 34,558

I don't understand why you say you like Didi! I can't recall one post since Sept where you said any thing positive about him. I'm OK with letting go because I think the money can be better spent on pitching but I won't take away from the fact that he has been a very positive influence on the Yankees at SS in the batters box and from what I read in the clubhouse. 


I also think it opens a spot for Andujar at 1st base where I didn't see a spot for him nor do I think after his injury he has tremendous trade value

4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 6:34PM #45
chl45
Posts: 1,499

Nov 5, 2019 -- 6:09PM, newinn wrote:


I don't understand why you say you like Didi! I can't recall one post since Sept where you said any thing positive about him. I'm OK with letting go because I think the money can be better spent on pitching but I won't take away from the fact that he has been a very positive influence on the Yankees at SS in the batters box and from what I read in the clubhouse. 


I also think it opens a spot for Andujar at 1st base where I didn't see a spot for him nor do I think after his injury he has tremendous trade value




Well, I can like someone as a person and still have an opinion of his production as time goes on. His personality doesn't change just because he isn't the same guy at the age he is now  talent wise, that he was when he first got here and for a few years after.  He has had TJ surgery and that affects some guys swing. 


His leadership on the team doesn't change, he is a great moral booster for the guys in the dugout. He is a happy person. I don't dislike someone that can;t play like they used to. Did you hate Mickey Mantle as a person because he had to leave the game because of his knees or Donny Baseball because of his back. Of course not. Why is how I feel about Didi as a person any different just because he will be going most likely. So like I said, I like him and he is one of my favorite Yankees as a person.


You are making it as though I hate the guy, not so. You also throw in your digs about first base every chance you get and please don't get ticked at me, but,  get it through your head New,  I THINK, Luke will be on first base when the games start, like it or not. I'm pretty sure about that unless he just has his injury messing with his swing, he will be there, or if not maybe splitting time with Ford for a bit. Also no way do I think Andujar is going to play first base with us still having two actual first basemen. I think we may all be surprised about Andujar's role on the Yankees if there is one.


you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 6:44PM #46
newinn
Posts: 34,558

what the hell are you talking about digs at you about 1st base? I believe Andujar will be at 1st base and who cares if you think Didi is a nice guy so you can like him. Is he a drinking partner or something? Man you beat things into the ground day after day and then get sensitive when you get called on it.


4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 6:48PM #47
newinn
Posts: 34,558

by the way, how do you feel about analytics?

4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 6:55PM #48
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 78,344

Nov 5, 2019 -- 6:44PM, newinn wrote:


what the hell are you talking about digs at you about 1st base? I believe Andujar will be at 1st base and who cares if you think Didi is a nice guy so you can like him. Is he a drinking partner or something? Man you beat things into the ground day after day and then get sensitive when you get called on it.





You can't like someone and talk about them the way he has spoken about Didi ... I call bullspit to that one.

4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 7:03PM #49
chl45
Posts: 1,499

Nov 5, 2019 -- 6:44PM, newinn wrote:


what the hell are you talking about digs at you about 1st base? I believe Andujar will be at 1st base and who cares if you think Didi is a nice guy so you can like him. Is he a drinking partner or something? Man you beat things into the ground day after day and then get sensitive when you get called on it.





Not so. Beat it into the ground.? It is only big Yankee news since game 7 of against the Astro's what do you want to talk about? Why did you get on this thread you knew what it was about either disagree or agree why argue me and bring up what I said weeks ago?? Are you mad because I was right and they didn't pick up his option? For the last week all the conversations around here have been beaten to death. Stop being such a grouch we all are having a good time talking about stuff and you haven't been here for days and all of a sudden here is sour grapes over Didi and peoples opinions on it from you. We all are talking about it, and it started with the Yankees doing what I predicted they would do weeks ago, no to Didi on picking up his option, how's that Groucho?Wink 


you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
4 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 7:17PM #50
newinn
Posts: 34,558

Nov 5, 2019 -- 7:03PM, chl45 wrote:


Nov 5, 2019 -- 6:44PM, newinn wrote:


what the hell are you talking about digs at you about 1st base? I believe Andujar will be at 1st base and who cares if you think Didi is a nice guy so you can like him. Is he a drinking partner or something? Man you beat things into the ground day after day and then get sensitive when you get called on it.





Not so. Beat it into the ground.? It is only big Yankee news since game 7 of against the Astro's what do you want to talk about? Why did you get on this thread you knew what it was about either disagree or agree why argue me and bring up what I said weeks ago?? Are you mad because I was right and they didn't pick up his option? For the last week all the conversations around here have been beaten to death. Stop being such a grouch we all are having a good time talking about stuff and you haven't been here for days and all of a sudden here is sour grapes over Didi and peoples opinions on it from you. We all are talking about it, and it started with the Yankees doing what I predicted they would do weeks ago, no to Didi on picking up his option, how's that Groucho?Wink 





please show me a thread where I thought they would pick up his option. I bet you can't because I never believed they would. I know though you really like Didi as a personUndecided

Page 5 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Next
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum