Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Lyons gone
9 months ago  ::  Nov 05, 2019 - 8:29PM #1
Jon
Posts: 1,327

Lyons turned down an assignment at AAA, and is now a free agent. At least he K'ed 4 of 5 batters in the playoffs.

9 months ago  ::  Nov 06, 2019 - 12:04AM #2
davis2
Posts: 17,944

I'm teary eyed...

9 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2019 - 3:41PM #3
FW57Clipper51
Posts: 15,683

He may be back after the MLB Rule 5 Draft is completed. He's a lefty reliever they tend to have more than 9 lives.



Clipper




9 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2019 - 7:26PM #4
Rob
Posts: 518

VERY small sample size but in 10.1 IP with NY he struck out 14 and only walked 2 with a combined regular plus post season ERA of 3.48.  There may be something to work with there

9 months ago  ::  Nov 08, 2019 - 11:50PM #5
davis2
Posts: 17,944

Nov 8, 2019 -- 7:26PM, Rob wrote:


VERY small sample size but in 10.1 IP with NY he struck out 14 and only walked 2 with a combined regular plus post season ERA of 3.48.  There may be something to work with there



There must be something they like...

9 months ago  ::  Nov 09, 2019 - 10:50AM #6
NW
Posts: 2,203

He literally stole a roster spot in October by having a strong audition in September.  I don't think he'll return to the Yankees though, mainly because he's out of options and for someone in his role, they'd like the flexibility of being able to send him down without going through waivers.

9 months ago  ::  Nov 09, 2019 - 11:30AM #7
bumper
Posts: 6,909

Nov 9, 2019 -- 10:50AM, NW wrote:


He literally stole a roster spot in October by having a strong audition in September.  I don't think he'll return to the Yankees though, mainly because he's out of options and for someone in his role, they'd like the flexibility of being able to send him down without going through waivers.




he was probably the 25th spot opened up by betances injurying himself hopping off the mound. actually did a decent job but agree he's not coming back.

9 months ago  ::  Nov 09, 2019 - 11:40AM #8
NW
Posts: 2,203

Nov 9, 2019 -- 11:30AM, bumper wrote:


Nov 9, 2019 -- 10:50AM, NW wrote:


He literally stole a roster spot in October by having a strong audition in September.  I don't think he'll return to the Yankees though, mainly because he's out of options and for someone in his role, they'd like the flexibility of being able to send him down without going through waivers.




he was probably the 25th spot opened up by betances injurying himself hopping off the mound. actually did a decent job but agree he's not coming back.




Betances and German opened up spots at the last minute.  CC probably benefitted as well.

Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum