Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Zach Wheeler
3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 12, 2019 - 8:40PM #11
manbot
Posts: 605

Nov 12, 2019 -- 11:37AM, newinn wrote:


I'm not too excited about Strasburg because he has a pretty long injury history




SMH ... Who needs him when we rock solid pitchers like Paxton and Severino

3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 12, 2019 - 8:48PM #12
manbot
Posts: 605

Nov 12, 2019 -- 11:58AM, GottaGoToMo wrote:


Nov 12, 2019 -- 11:54AM, dixieyank wrote:


Let me guess on this....


Cole to the Angels for $270M


Stras stays in DC for $210M


Wheeler to San Diego for $75M


Cashman......we tried, but we feel we already have a great rotation that can compete.


Let's see how right/wrong I am in April....haha




I'm scared that you could be 100% right on the money.




Followed by Cashman trading Frazier, Andujar and Clark Shmidt for 34 year old Kluber 

3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 12, 2019 - 11:10PM #13
njyf
Posts: 934

The alternive is more ALDS and ALCS eliminations imo.


Every team that has had Cole has never won a WS.

3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 13, 2019 - 1:21AM #14
bumper
Posts: 6,723

Nov 12, 2019 -- 11:10PM, njyf wrote:


The alternive is more ALDS and ALCS eliminations imo.


Every team that has had Cole has never won a WS.




lol. spot on. doesn't guarantee anything ...


the great verlander owns an 0-6 WS record and a 5.68 ERA, has been in the post season 8 times - one championship (no thanks to him). so many so-called aces have come up empty. the best pitcher in recent times - kershaw nada. chris sale 1-2 5.76 ERA. red sox won in spite of him. until last year, price has been a terrible post season pitcher.


while cashman's said he's in on cole & strasburg. it'll be on his terms. not in his (or hal's) DNA to overpay - been there, done that. hal has said he's happy with our starting staff moving forward. at the end of the day, our band aid & paper staff clip hung w the astro's 3 cy young pitchers. it was the offense coming up short and an errant slider. 


wheeler's not on my radar. would slot in as just another #3 or 4 on this team. however, this is baseball. he could have a 12-12 season and suddenly pitch lights out in the post-season and win the WS MVP. you never know ...


having said all that, i'd be in on either cole or strasburg though it wouldn't guarantee anything.

3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 13, 2019 - 10:41AM #15
Lola
Posts: 24,810

Nov 12, 2019 -- 11:10PM, njyf wrote:


The alternive is more ALDS and ALCS eliminations imo.


Every team that has had Cole has never won a WS.




Interesting... but they haven't lost because of him.

3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 13, 2019 - 11:01AM #16
Secretagent
Posts: 48

Nov 13, 2019 -- 1:21AM, bumper wrote:


Nov 12, 2019 -- 11:10PM, njyf wrote:


The alternive is more ALDS and ALCS eliminations imo.


Every team that has had Cole has never won a WS.




lol. spot on. doesn't guarantee anything ...


the great verlander owns an 0-6 WS record and a 5.68 ERA, has been in the post season 8 times - one championship (no thanks to him). so many so-called aces have come up empty. the best pitcher in recent times - kershaw nada. chris sale 1-2 5.76 ERA. red sox won in spite of him. until last year, price has been a terrible post season pitcher.


while cashman's said he's in on cole & strasburg. it'll be on his terms. not in his (or hal's) DNA to overpay - been there, done that. hal has said he's happy with our starting staff moving forward. at the end of the day, our band aid & paper staff clip hung w the astro's 3 cy young pitchers. it was the offense coming up short and an errant slider. 


wheeler's not on my radar. would slot in as just another #3 or 4 on this team. however, this is baseball. he could have a 12-12 season and suddenly pitch lights out in the post-season and win the WS MVP. you never know ...


having said all that, i'd be in on either cole or strasburg though it wouldn't guarantee anything.





Yeah so nothing is ever guaranteed in any thing.  What is your point?  You rather not have ace SPs and go out there with a bunch of mediocrity and wishful thinking?  You can always cherry pick stats\players that back up or counter any argument....does not mean that that particular point is based in any sort of realistic probability of achieveing a particular desired outcome.  How would the Yanks have done in the late 90s\early 00s without David Wells, David Cone, Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte, etc.  Who was going to go toe to toe with Smoltz in Game 5 of the 96 WS for ex...or Pedro or Maddux, etc.?  Cole guarantees nothing.  No one guarantees anything.  The question one needs to ask is do you like your chances significantly more with Cole on the mound for 2 of 7 games vs. an opponents ace in an ALCS over someone like Paxton or Happ?...I sure do.  They have tried band aids to the rotation for the past few years...and each time lost to a better team with a far better starting staff.  Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 13, 2019 - 10:03PM #17
manbot
Posts: 605

Nov 12, 2019 -- 11:10PM, njyf wrote:


The alternive is more ALDS and ALCS eliminations imo.


Every team that has had Cole has never won a WS.




Same as Every team that has had 


1. M. Tanaka
2. J. Paxton
3. L. Severino




3 weeks ago  ::  Nov 13, 2019 - 11:21PM #18
davis2
Posts: 17,487

Nov 12, 2019 -- 11:10PM, njyf wrote:


The alternive is more ALDS and ALCS eliminations imo.


Every team that has had Cole has never won a WS.



The Pirates never had a chance... With or without Cole. The Astros were only a stolen sign away.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum