Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Trump and charity
2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 1:29PM #41
Max
Posts: 3,304

Jan 14, 2020 -- 1:15PM, NW wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 12:56PM, Max wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 12:46PM, NW wrote:

The DOJ run by Democrats "found no impropriety" in investigating a leading Democrat. That tells me NOTHING. The fact that thousands of prosecutors outside of the DOJ, Democrats and Republicans, have said there was plenty of evidence to prosecute Clinton is much more telling.




Wow, that really is some kind of spin, along with being incorrect. If they said there was plenty of evidence... Then why didn't they produce any?


So tell me. What are your thoughts about Trump being fined 2 million for defrauding 8 different charities?





Again, your information is wrong about "defrauding 8 different charities".  There is no evidence that he "defrauded" any charity.  There is evidence that he used money from the Trump Foundation for his political campaign.  The "8 different charities" that got money were those chosen by the New York DA and had no direct loss from the Trump Foundation's actions.  In fact, 6 of those 8 charities never had a single interaction with the Trump Foundation.




Let me rephrase. So tell me. What are your thoughts about Trump being fine 2 million for foundation abuse?

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 3:31PM #42
NW
Posts: 1,392

Jan 14, 2020 -- 1:29PM, Max wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 1:15PM, NW wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 12:56PM, Max wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 12:46PM, NW wrote:

The DOJ run by Democrats "found no impropriety" in investigating a leading Democrat. That tells me NOTHING. The fact that thousands of prosecutors outside of the DOJ, Democrats and Republicans, have said there was plenty of evidence to prosecute Clinton is much more telling.




Wow, that really is some kind of spin, along with being incorrect. If they said there was plenty of evidence... Then why didn't they produce any?


So tell me. What are your thoughts about Trump being fined 2 million for defrauding 8 different charities?





Again, your information is wrong about "defrauding 8 different charities".  There is no evidence that he "defrauded" any charity.  There is evidence that he used money from the Trump Foundation for his political campaign.  The "8 different charities" that got money were those chosen by the New York DA and had no direct loss from the Trump Foundation's actions.  In fact, 6 of those 8 charities never had a single interaction with the Trump Foundation.




Let me rephrase. So tell me. What are your thoughts about Trump being fine 2 million for foundation abuse?




I read through the allegations.  Most of them have to do with using foundation money to pay for things at Trump properties.  Some of them have to do with using foundation money for political campaign associated activities.  


I think each of these allegations should be considered separately.  First, the foundation has to hold events.  That's a given.  I don't have an issue with the foundation holding events at Trump properties and paying the Trump organization to do so.  I don't think it's fair to force him to pay competitors to hold events at their venues.


As far as the foundation using money for political campaign associated activities, again, I find that a fine line.  Many charitable foundations send money to political action committees that support their causes.  I guess the Trump Foundation and the Trump campaign were considered too close.  There are other foundations out there that funnel money to their candidates, they just do it in a less direct fashion.  Then there's foundations that register themselves outside of the US and don't face the scrutiny that the Trump Foundation faced.


Aside from all of this, while I think the head of an organization has some responsibility to make sure that his organization is being managed properly, I don't think that a CEO has his hands in many of these decisions.  I would really have to see some evidence that Trump ordered the illegal activity to hold him personally responsible.

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 4:17PM #43
newinn
Posts: 34,312

Jan 14, 2020 -- 3:31PM, NW wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 1:29PM, Max wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 1:15PM, NW wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 12:56PM, Max wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 12:46PM, NW wrote:

The DOJ run by Democrats "found no impropriety" in investigating a leading Democrat. That tells me NOTHING. The fact that thousands of prosecutors outside of the DOJ, Democrats and Republicans, have said there was plenty of evidence to prosecute Clinton is much more telling.




Wow, that really is some kind of spin, along with being incorrect. If they said there was plenty of evidence... Then why didn't they produce any?


So tell me. What are your thoughts about Trump being fined 2 million for defrauding 8 different charities?





Again, your information is wrong about "defrauding 8 different charities".  There is no evidence that he "defrauded" any charity.  There is evidence that he used money from the Trump Foundation for his political campaign.  The "8 different charities" that got money were those chosen by the New York DA and had no direct loss from the Trump Foundation's actions.  In fact, 6 of those 8 charities never had a single interaction with the Trump Foundation.




Let me rephrase. So tell me. What are your thoughts about Trump being fine 2 million for foundation abuse?




I read through the allegations.  Most of them have to do with using foundation money to pay for things at Trump properties.  Some of them have to do with using foundation money for political campaign associated activities.  


I think each of these allegations should be considered separately.  First, the foundation has to hold events.  That's a given.  I don't have an issue with the foundation holding events at Trump properties and paying the Trump organization to do so.  I don't think it's fair to force him to pay competitors to hold events at their venues.


As far as the foundation using money for political campaign associated activities, again, I find that a fine line.  Many charitable foundations send money to political action committees that support their causes.  I guess the Trump Foundation and the Trump campaign were considered too close.  There are other foundations out there that funnel money to their candidates, they just do it in a less direct fashion.  Then there's foundations that register themselves outside of the US and don't face the scrutiny that the Trump Foundation faced.


Aside from all of this, while I think the head of an organization has some responsibility to make sure that his organization is being managed properly, I don't think that a CEO has his hands in many of these decisions.  I would really have to see some evidence that Trump ordered the illegal activity to hold him personally responsible.




so in other words, no problem, no biggie, Trump does no wrong

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 4:20PM #44
SSBob643
Posts: 1,916

Jan 14, 2020 -- 4:17PM, newinn wrote:


so in other words, no problem, no biggie, Trump does no wrong




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Trumpies have taken rationalization to an entirely new level.




2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 5:57PM #45
newinn
Posts: 34,312

Jan 14, 2020 -- 4:20PM, SSBob643 wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 4:17PM, newinn wrote:


so in other words, no problem, no biggie, Trump does no wrong




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Trumpies have taken rationalization to an entirely new level.







never seen anything like it in my 69 years on earth

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 6:14PM #46
SSBob643
Posts: 1,916

Jan 14, 2020 -- 5:57PM, newinn wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 4:20PM, SSBob643 wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 4:17PM, newinn wrote:


so in other words, no problem, no biggie, Trump does no wrong




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Trumpies have taken rationalization to an entirely new level.




never seen anything like it in my 69 years on earth




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Funny you say that. We've both been on this planet the same amount of time.


Not to be morbid, but I was thinking I've got maybe 8-10 years left here and while it'd be great if we could return to sanity to start this coming decade, I'm gonna do what I can to enjoy that time regardless. In fact, my wife and I are planning a trip to catch the Yanks in Cleveland this August with a side trip to PNC Park in Pittsburgh. It's one of the few ballparks we haven't visited...check it off the list. Thinking about dive bombing over to catch RailRiders in SWB. I'll let you know...maybe we can get together.

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 6:24PM #47
newinn
Posts: 34,312

Jan 14, 2020 -- 6:14PM, SSBob643 wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 5:57PM, newinn wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 4:20PM, SSBob643 wrote:


Jan 14, 2020 -- 4:17PM, newinn wrote:


so in other words, no problem, no biggie, Trump does no wrong




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Trumpies have taken rationalization to an entirely new level.




never seen anything like it in my 69 years on earth




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Funny you say that. We've both been on this planet the same amount of time.


Not to be morbid, but I was thinking I've got maybe 8-10 years left here and while it'd be great if we could return to sanity to start this coming decade, I'm gonna do what I can to enjoy that time regardless. In fact, my wife and I are planning a trip to catch the Yanks in Cleveland this August with a side trip to PNC Park in Pittsburgh. It's one of the few ballparks we haven't visited...check it off the list. Thinking about dive bombing over to catch RailRiders in SWB. I'll let you know...maybe we can get together.




would love to do a RR game with you. Big Guy and I talked about it for years but when he got sick we never made it happen. Hope we can do it


I think about how much time is left also and I too would like to see the country stabilize and regain some sense of normalcy. I'm not a big traveler but the wife and I plan to do what we want and enjoy ourselves

2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 6:46PM #48
SSBob643
Posts: 1,916

Jan 14, 2020 -- 6:24PM, newinn wrote:


would love to do a RR game with you. Big Guy and I talked about it for years but when he got sick we never made it happen. Hope we can do it


I think about how much time is left also and I too would like to see the country stabilize and regain some sense of normalcy. I'm not a big traveler but the wife and I plan to do what we want and enjoy ourselves




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Again, not to be morbid, but very sad situations like Big Guy went thru bring it home as to how fragile life is, and makes me want to experince all I can while I can. Hopefully we can get together in SWB...I'll let you know.   


We're by no means "world travelers", but we do enjoy road trips. I'm very fortunate in that my wife is what I would call a "social" baseball fan (she loves the atmosphere), so we combine our trips visiting ballparks with National Parks or other points of interest...for instance Cleveland and R&R HOF. Frankly, I'd much rather be in a ballpark talking baseball while downing a dog and a beer than sitting on the banks of The Seine sipping on wine.


2 weeks ago  ::  Jan 14, 2020 - 7:56PM #49
NY23
Posts: 4,104

With Crooked Donnie, charity always begins and ends with Crooked Donnie.

Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Jump Menu:
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum