Network Forums Yankees I hope there is at least one more big move.
Jump Menu:
Post Reply
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
I hope there is at least one more big move.
2 months ago  ::  Dec 24, 2019 - 1:57PM #1
JEGnj
Posts: 122
Yes the Yankees made the biggest move and have probably the best pitching staff. We also let go a lot of small pieces of the puzzle and Didi was a corner piece. I guess left hand bat or RP can still be used. Would love to see Judge and Gleyber extended long-term (like Hicks was a priority). I hope signing a big FA in the future isn't hampered by the Albatross Stanton contract. 
2 months ago  ::  Dec 24, 2019 - 2:07PM #2
Jon
Posts: 1,053

JA Happ is going to be traded at some point. However, the Yanks MAY wait til German is off suspension.

2 months ago  ::  Dec 24, 2019 - 3:45PM #3
BATS
Posts: 154

Dec 24, 2019 -- 1:57PM, JEGnj wrote:

Yes the Yankees made the biggest move and have probably the best pitching staff. We also let go a lot of small pieces of the puzzle and Didi was a corner piece. I guess left hand bat or RP can still be used. Would love to see Judge and Gleyber extended long-term (like Hicks was a priority). I hope signing a big FA in the future isn't hampered by the Albatross Stanton contract. 



NO. 


No moves are necessary, at this point. There are absolutely no holes in this Yankee team for anything to be plugged. Any moves to be made between now and opening day, should all be subtractions rather than "major" additions.....UNLESS.....there is an absolute "steal" that can be had.


For me, I want to see minor moves happening. I want to see the Analytics department, in conjunction with Yankee scouting, to find the next Gio Ursella or Luke Voit or Mike Tauchman or Aaron Hicks (etc....) or whoever.....because effective depth will be key again.


We do not complete our 2020 team in the offseason. I repeat...


WE. DO. NOT. COMPLETE. OUR. TEAM. IN. THE. OFF. SEA. SON.


Rather, we complete our team in the June/July month.


There is absolutely no way that Judge and Gleyber will be extended anytime soon. Financially it doesn't even make sense to do it now. As for Aaron Hicks, he came cheap and that extension was brilliant. Aaron Hicks' value is about 14-17 million dollar player, without question. That's because there are so many players out there who make 20 mil/year and are underperforming badly. That increases Hicks' value not just in the market, but also the Yankees. For the Yankees to get Hicks to agree to an extension for less 11 mil is an absolute steal. 


2 months ago  ::  Dec 24, 2019 - 4:31PM #4
Jon
Posts: 1,053

Dec 24, 2019 -- 3:45PM, BATS wrote:


Dec 24, 2019 -- 1:57PM, JEGnj wrote:

Yes the Yankees made the biggest move and have probably the best pitching staff. We also let go a lot of small pieces of the puzzle and Didi was a corner piece. I guess left hand bat or RP can still be used. Would love to see Judge and Gleyber extended long-term (like Hicks was a priority). I hope signing a big FA in the future isn't hampered by the Albatross Stanton contract. 



NO. 


No moves are necessary, at this point. There are absolutely no holes in this Yankee team for anything to be plugged. Any moves to be made between now and opening day, should all be subtractions rather than "major" additions.....UNLESS.....there is an absolute "steal" that can be had.


For me, I want to see minor moves happening. I want to see the Analytics department, in conjunction with Yankee scouting, to find the next Gio Ursella or Luke Voit or Mike Tauchman or Aaron Hicks (etc....) or whoever.....because effective depth will be key again.


We do not complete our 2020 team in the offseason. I repeat...


WE. DO. NOT. COMPLETE. OUR. TEAM. IN. THE. OFF. SEA. SON.


Rather, we complete our team in the June/July month.


There is absolutely no way that Judge and Gleyber will be extended anytime soon. Financially it doesn't even make sense to do it now. As for Aaron Hicks, he came cheap and that extension was brilliant. Aaron Hicks' value is about 14-17 million dollar player, without question. That's because there are so many players out there who make 20 mil/year and are underperforming badly. That increases Hicks' value not just in the market, but also the Yankees. For the Yankees to get Hicks to agree to an extension for less 11 mil is an absolute steal. 





Wanna bet the Yanks deal Happ well before June?

2 months ago  ::  Dec 24, 2019 - 7:27PM #5
njyf
Posts: 1,019

The Hicks extension was a bad move. Who cares what he is worth. If last year and this next year isn't enough proof that extending him was a bad move, I don't know what will.


It's crazy this organization extends a Hicks but won't extend Judge.

2 months ago  ::  Dec 24, 2019 - 10:09PM #6
JEGnj
Posts: 122

I'm not sold on Tauchman or Ford yet. Voit I still think should be the 1B and started playoffs of EE.


Hicks signed a team friendly contract and has anylitics but has shown to be injury prone and very streaky.

2 months ago  ::  Dec 24, 2019 - 11:50PM #7
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,221
I believe Tauchman, Ford, Voit and Urshela are all still question marks. One or two may be solid everyday players, but certainly far from locks. IMO, Judge, LeMaheiu, Torres and Andujar are the players to count on.  Hopefully, Sanchez plays to his potential and Stanton returns to his career average.
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
2 months ago  ::  Dec 25, 2019 - 8:17AM #8
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 78,277

Dec 24, 2019 -- 11:50PM, bomberhojoe wrote:

I believe Tauchman, Ford, Voit and Urshela are all still question marks. One or two may be solid everyday players, but certainly far from locks. IMO, Judge, LeMaheiu, Torres and Andujar are the players to count on. Hopefully, Sanchez plays to his potential and Stanton returns to his career average.



Andujar had one good season ... and he's bad defensively ... he's not a lock either.

2 months ago  ::  Dec 25, 2019 - 8:50AM #9
bomberhojoe
Posts: 15,221
I have 10 times more confidence in Andujar than any of the other guys mentioned.
John 3:16 * Ephesians 2:8-9 * Romans 10:9-10 * John 14:3-6 * Romans 5:8
2 months ago  ::  Dec 25, 2019 - 9:55AM #10
GottaGoToMo
Posts: 78,277

Dec 25, 2019 -- 8:50AM, bomberhojoe wrote:

I have 10 times more confidence in Andujar than any of the other guys mentioned.




Well I do too ... but so far we don't know where to put him.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Jump Menu:
 
Network Forums Yankees I hope there is at least one more big move.
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Yankees Forum